Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[Dota2] - Meepo - Rock Hound

For my take on Meepo he chose to perform the darkest of geomancy by embedding a Rift Shadow crystal into his chest which transforms him into the rock hound. Rocks collects and grows on his body, bearing new crystals from its surface. His sight was lost, but he became one with the Earth.

conceptsj.jpg

The colors from the concept are not final and the black was simply for silhouette, just picture rock in its place. His weapon would be made of the same stone with hand carved crystal at the top (think chipped stone like an arrowhead)

I hope to have some roughed-out 3D later today...

Any comment or critiques are welcomed and appreciated (especially with the back piece because i'm still not sure about it)

Replies

• skrap'D
    Here's a quick zbrush test with the shoulder piece.
    shouldersculpttest.jpg

After messing with it for a while I think this design would read better in-game since it has bigger chunks. So i'll probably make it like the weapon where instead of a bunch of little crystals the tips will be crystal. Plus i could always go back and add the other ones if i wanted to.

Ignore the rough edges thats where I plan on making it look like its attached to meepo.
  • skrap'D
    after messing around with the helmet in zbrush i came up with this:

helmettest.jpg

i decided i might keep his eyes showing through, it looks more interesting that way. another idea i had, if im gonna keep the eyes, then they would be crystals as well (with self-illumination)

helmettest2.jpg

any suggestions would be useful, so what do you guys think? :)
  • skrap'D
    hopefully gonna be posting more later today, i've finished the helmet base model and will begin sculpting soon
  • Trakesh
    Sorry to be the one to inform you, but according to the rules and regulations that valve has set up this will probably never make it into the game. At least I don't think so.

Feel free to make it, just don't expect it to be put into the game.

I feel it would be rude to not to tell you this.
  • skrap'D
    Trakesh wrote: »
    Sorry to be the one to inform you, but according to the rules and regulations that valve has set up this will probably never make it into the game. At least I don't think so.

Feel free to make it, just don't expect it to be put into the game.

I feel it would be rude to not to tell you this.

thanks, but could you be more specific as to why you think that?
  • shanks37
    yeah, he's got me flummoxed too. the only reason i can really think of this not being accepted is that you're making meepo look too cool and he's supposed to be that creepy little rat thing.

you should be safe though as long as you either keep his original eyes visible or make the crystal ones a lot bigger and more bulbous.
  • skrap'D
    thanks, yea i was thinking of making the crystal eyes more like the shape of his. I'll have to try some things and post it for people's opinions.