Home Unreal Engine

UE4 Game name case not detected

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Xsim1 polycounter lvl 4
Hey,

I worked on a project for an environment at school and saved the project on my external hard drive. Before leaving, I changed the name of my .uproject and of my .umap ( I didn't know it would cause problem ). When I arrived home, I tried to open my project but UE4 tells me :

2gy3ml2.jpg

It's pretty much my first time using UE4 so I'm not too sure how to resolve this problem. I've googled this message and some people also get this problem. Someone mentioned it probably was because I changed the names, but I didn't find out how to fix it. I guess I have to modify the path of the .uproject, but I'm really not sure.

Thanks for help!

Replies

• ed_3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Check the Config folder in your project files, there should be a DefaultEditor.ini and DefaultEngine.ini. Open them up with notepad or what ever other text editor and basically just change the project and map names there to what ever you renamed them to. :)
  • Xsim1
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xsim1 polycounter lvl 4
    ed_3D wrote: »
    Check the Config folder in your project files, there should be a DefaultEditor.ini and DefaultEngine.ini. Open them up with notepad or what ever other text editor and basically just change the project and map names there to what ever you renamed them to. :)

I love you sir <3 !

But when I open my level, it says that all my assets are missing. Indeed, the folder that I had my FBX in is now empty. I have some backups I think though in Saved->Autosaves->Game.

Should I try to simply copy paste them into my original asset folder?

2h37h4n.jpg

EDIT : I tried to copy everything I had in my autosaves into my asset folder but I get the message on top ^

I don't know if it's because they don't have the same names as before?
  • ed_3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xsim1 wrote: »
    I love you sir <3 !

But when I open my level, it says that all my assets are missing. Indeed, the folder that I had my FBX in is now empty. I have some backups I think though in Saved->Autosaves->Game.

Should I try to simply copy paste them into my original asset folder?

2h37h4n.jpg

EDIT : I tried to copy everything I had in my autosaves into my asset folder but I get the message on top ^

I don't know if it's because they don't have the same names as before?
    Hm I never had to do this, but yeah you could maybe try renaming some of the assets to see if that fixes anything :) also double check that everything is definitely in the right folder, by which I mean in the root of /YourProject/Content/ (or where ever the original assets were located) and not in /YourProject/Content/backup/ or anything like that.
  • Xsim1
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xsim1 polycounter lvl 4
    I managed to get about 50% back.. better than nothing. I will just re-do what I did I guess. Thanks a lot for your help friend!
  • ed_3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xsim1 wrote: »
    I managed to get about 50% back.. better than nothing. I will just re-do what I did I guess. Thanks a lot for your help friend!
    No worries!