Home Unreal Engine

Normal map UV mirror issue

Hi,

I do modules walls etc... and I found that when I do mirror UV, it show seams in Unreal engine 4 but in my softimage the normals is OK , so what the problem ?

I read old topics talking about green channels invert many things confuse me.

so what the process for this issue

j0a9Uw9.png

tRbavVn.png

:\

Replies

• Shift`
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This probably has to do with how UE deals with Normals, because if you look all your normals are flipped on either side. I've always just mapped it out completely so I'm not sure how you would go about fixing it....
  • KLONOA WORKS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I watch alot people doing mirror UV, the question,is this method correct or not ?
    I mean is this work with doing movie or rendering ?

or this problem only happen in Engine ? that what I want to know

I received this from Tim Hobson STAFF :

"Hi Klo Works,

We recently showcased some features that are coming in our UE4 4.2 release. One thing in there that may benefit you is the update to the 2014 FBX exporter.

"NEW: UPGRADED FBX TO 2014 The FBX importer as now been upgraded to the 2014 version from Autodesk.

This allows Tangent and binormals on mirrored meshes to be imported correctly You can still use the earlier FBX plugins found in any Maya/Max version before 2014, but you may get a warning on import when using a very old file."

Perhaps this will fix your issue with the mirrored UVs and give you the results you've been wanting.

Thanks!

Tim"

so they gonna fix mirror UV :)
  • Shift`