Home Unreal Engine

UEG4 - some issues (difference in viewport - play)

Zocky
greentooth
Offline / Send Message
Zocky greentooth
So, i have weird issue with ueg4 , and i can't remember having ever anything like this in udk.
So, in viewport, my scene looks like this:

mN2VG7n.jpg

It still stays like that when i press "simulate" button, but once i press "play" button, i get this:
80y0C8w.jpg

So, why the hell is there such a difference in those two? Did some googling, but can't seem to find anything that helped me.

And one other thing, on the water on the ground, i basically put metallic factor to 1, and roughness to 0, yet reflections aren't really all that visible as you see on first pic. Is there something i can do to make reflection stronger?

Tnx!

Replies

• Marshkin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marshkin polycounter lvl 9
    I'm having the same issue (though not as drastic!). It seems as if some things are set on the game side that do not appear when you preview or even play in the editor window. (but do when I play in a stand alone window).

When you are working on your scene, do you have anything disabled? (Eye adaptive, etc) I found enabling those got me closer in editor to what it looked like in the game when I played it, though there were still substantial difference.
  • Zocky
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zocky greentooth
    well i tried to enable anything, but maybe i still have to set some property on Post Process Volume node or something. BUt i will look more into it, tnx!
  • Shift`
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I am just going to take a shot in the dark here, do you have a lightning effect?
    It may be just constantly triggered which may be blowing out your light.
  • Zocky
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zocky greentooth
    Well, not really, unless there's one by default in the scene, but i didn't notice it.

I guess i'll just remove nodes one by one untill i see what makes the difference....

tnx anyway!
  • Shift`
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm not sure if it is just a bug with your version or what. But if you cant figure it out feel free to send me a copy of it in a private message and I can look at it on my end. I might be able to find something then.
  • Harbinger
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Harbinger polycounter lvl 8
    That's most likely Eye Adaptation at work. Make a new post process volume around your environment, look in the details panel for the volume, and under Auto Exposure, make both values the same (typically 1).
  • Ramseus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ramseus polycounter lvl 13
    Re: reflections, do you have scene capture actors (SphereReflectionCapture)? On reflection viewmode are your surfaces reflecty?
  • Jacky
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jacky polycounter lvl 6
    Are you on a Mac or PC? I've seen people having this sort of weirdness with Mac.
  • Zocky
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zocky greentooth
    PC. Seems like light is boosted up insanely for some reason. Even if i delete everything, as soon as i put directional light with default settings, everything goes white like that...

Shift, will try some other stuff, if it doesn't work, then i'll upload it and give it to you. Tnx for helping me out!

Harbinger, tnx, i tried that , but didn't seems to work. I'll try to do it again, maybe i didn't do something correctly...
  • Shift`
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Did you ever get this to work?