Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[DOTA 2] - Anti Mage - TBD

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
qassamzed polycounter lvl 6
me and my partner "plant" 2nd project besides Templar Assassin set http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106632&highlight=Templar

hero : Anti mage
set name :
TBD

idea / lore :

sacred armor & weapon which retrieved from ruin of turstarkuri temple, Forged and enchanted long time ago by the ancestor using sacred Mysterious stone shard/orb fragment . the shard itself known have ability to negate magic and devour mana.

(some traders said the shard/fragment itself are same material which found in manta style and linken sphere)

Concept (wip)

early concept :
iAgor.jpg

latest concept :
LkKbq.jpg

more exploration for am head
BzOdv.jpg

3D MODEL (30/11/2012)

model update 1
qvzcw.png

model update 2 : head, change belt design & new weapon design
SfKKA.jpg

model update 3 : rough texture
WnGGV.jpg

To Do

- sculpt weapon
- Final Texturing

Critic and feedback are appreciated :)

Replies

• zephyri
    Offline / Send Message
    zephyri polycounter lvl 8
    Like the fact you've gone for the asymmetrical shoulder! Amount of glow in the crystals is nice too.. just balanced enough all over for it not to be overpowering. The amount of fine detail on the head piece, especially on the second right hand one might be a bit much to ever be noticed, even on the close up, but I like the paler metal as a contrast to his face.
  • Plant
    zephyri wrote: »
    Like the fact you've gone for the asymmetrical shoulder! Amount of glow in the crystals is nice too.. just balanced enough all over for it not to be overpowering. The amount of fine detail on the head piece, especially on the second right hand one might be a bit much to ever be noticed, even on the close up, but I like the paler metal as a contrast to his face.

The headpiece is definitely a hard one to nail, we both feel that anti mage has a iconic face "NO FUN ALLOWED" and don't want to take anything away from it, his nose, mohawk, smug, it all just fits the hero perfectly. We're happy with the direction, perhaps more contrast similar to its armor / darker purple and glowy looking detail on it will help.
  • Plant
    Woo update! Was going to cancel this due to exhaustion from work hours but realized I would regret not doing another set!

So 1 week to try and get this done,

We have updated the weapons to make them held in opposites, ie asymmetrical when being wielded (looks pretty cool!), my partner should upload when he's home.

As for the headslot, we didn't feel strong about what we came up with, so we decided on a spiky / rough and much longer then his default Mohawk, after looking at our set it definitely has "Brawler" look and feel to it, which supports our new head slot, have a rough look in mind, will have that drawn up soonish~

qvzcw.png
  • qassamzed
    Offline / Send Message
    qassamzed polycounter lvl 6
    some model update and wip texture on first post
  • Plant
    In game shot of it all complete.

I had some strange problems with the bracers, no matter what I did there would always be pink from the rimlight on my texture, and if I completely disable d the rimlight it would be near pitch black on one edge of the bracer. I thought it was a normal symmetry issue but after redoing it without symmetry the problem persisted. Note the texture / masks were setup the exact same way as the other items!

If anyone has encountered this and found a solution it would be helpful, for now I'm just doing a workaround by having max self illumination, which means I lose spec highlights, but considering the bracers aren't in portrait and looks fine from in-game view I'm pleased with the result, and the fact that its covered by blade glow.

20itemb.jpg
  • Plant
  • bugball
    Wow.. not bad.. not bad at all pretty cool entry
  • Phet