Home Dota 2

Dota 2 - Workshop Thread

Replies

• motenai
    Offline / Send Message
    motenai polycounter lvl 18
    Tvidotto wrote: »

1RpTh

I was trying to imagine a lore for this set...the only thing i came up with is
    "Slark killed his older brother, and then decided to wear him! Yeah, that's how much evil he is!" :D

Cool set though :P
  • Tvidotto
    Offline / Send Message
    Tvidotto polycounter lvl 9
    motenai wrote: »
    I was trying to imagine a lore for this set...the only thing i came up with is
    "Slark killed his older brother, and then decided to wear him! Yeah, that's how much evil he is!" :D

Cool set though :P

like a guy dressed on another fat man skin! hahaha
  • Andyk125
    Offline / Send Message
    Andyk125 polycounter lvl 4
    i think you could work more with saturation and a gradient toward the botton part

i also think that the "ear" are not in harmony with the green, made a little change over it

you can also make more constrasting highlights to give the shiny feel of a fish skin

Tvidotto, thank you for the reply. So your leaning towards the brownish color head? Your right about the ear, but with your paintover the hole contast between the ears and the item is removed.. I don't think that will work, because it will look to much like his own head..

I think I will add some detail first and then difine the color, the green looks gives the head something more of a monster look..

@motenai: haha thx, I had some simular ideas, but not his brother :p The head is from a guard from the dark reef, that's why its a lantarn fish, it's to dark over there :p The back is from a mixture from a lobster and deep sea fish.. etc..

Some more color test, would love to hear which you guys prefer! I like number 8, 3 and 6. Also in that order..

SngM1G3.jpg
  • Largs
    First cape modeling
    not sure of what I'll put on it's brooch :S

show3.jpg
  • AndrewHelenek
    Offline / Send Message
    AndrewHelenek polycounter lvl 6
    Andyk125 wrote: »
    Tvidotto, thank you for the reply. So your leaning towards the brownish color head? Your right about the ear, but with your paintover the hole contast between the ears and the item is removed.. I don't think that will work, because it will look to much like his own head..

I think I will add some detail first and then difine the color, the green looks gives the head something more of a monster look..

@motenai: haha thx, I had some simular ideas, but not his brother :p The head is from a guard from the dark reef, that's why its a lantarn fish, it's to dark over there :p The back is from a mixture from a lobster and deep sea fish.. etc..

Some more color test, would love to hear which you guys prefer! I like number 8, 3 and 6. Also in that order..

SngM1G3.jpg

Love the lore behind it and the look, I like 8 and 3 the most, I also like 7 as well, goes well with the bracer.

And Vlad, comon dude, is there any need to block me on steam? That's not cool, I am disappoint. I was just offering some criticism. :(
  • Tvidotto
    Offline / Send Message

SngM1G3.jpg

3 4 8

prefer more red then green on the mix =]

can you take a picture of a more higher angle? i would like to see how it will look in game
  • Andyk125
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the comments guys, really appreciate it!

Because everyone liked 3 and 8, I dicited to throw them ingame. Still need to work some more on the texture and masks, but it probably won't make a huge difference. I actually like them both, can't really choose. The brown one only has a little bit more contrast with the body of slark. Here's the result:

L71Lggd.jpg

6D9xeJN.jpg
  • GandalfDaGreat
    Offline / Send Message
    GandalfDaGreat polycounter lvl 6
    I've been working on this for a few weeks, finally figured out Blender's slightly obtuse texture baking system, and got AO and Normal maps baked out. I think the model itself is pretty good, but I don't think the texturing is up to snuff. I could really use some critiques on this.
  • BrontoThunder
    Offline / Send Message
    BrontoThunder polycounter lvl 13
    Congrats, T_Vidotto! Vicious Krait is in the files.

It seems like we're getting something of a regular store update schedule, perhaps 3 sets every two weeks - or it could just be a coincidence.
  • AndrewHelenek
    Offline / Send Message

It seems like we're getting something of a regular store update schedule, perhaps 3 sets every two weeks - or it could just be a coincidence.

If I'm not mistaken his set has been in the files for quite some time. Congratulations nevertheless. :P
  • BrontoThunder
    Offline / Send Message
    From the changelog:

STORE
    - Added new item sets for Lone Druid and Necrolyte.

I guess that's what my congrats were for :D
  • AndrewHelenek
    Offline / Send Message
    From the changelog:

STORE
    - Added new item sets for Lone Druid and Necrolyte.

I guess that's what my congrats were for :D

Ahh, this I didn't see!

I did some additional digging in the schema. The Lone Druid set have store icons and their descriptions have been updated.

Tools of the Haruspex Set
    Claw of the Haruspex
    Cloak of the Haruspex
    Gilded Mark of the Haruspex
    Sacrificial Blade of the Haruspex
    Spirit of Calm (Panda)

Relics of the Putrid Pontiff Set
    Scythe of Twin Deaths
    Reliquary of Rotting Doom
    Pretiosa of Putrescense
    Beard of Weeping Scorn
    THIS SET

The Warlock set also looks like it got its information clean up but lacks description and store images. But this is something they could easily prepare for tomorrow, I wouldn't be surprised if we see this as well.

The Demonic Archivist Set
    Staff of the Archivist
    Shroud of the Archivist
    Demonbag of the Archivist
    Robe of the Archivist
    Lantern of the Archivist
    Bracers of the Archivist
    Grand Mantle of the Archivist
    Ishul-Shog the Watcher (Golem)
  • Largs
    I think I Just finished sculpting Lion's helm
    finalhead.jpg
  • PoPcorn
    Congrats to everyone who are getting items in this week. It's cool to see some of the other polycount items start to make it in.
  • darkartsofneko
    Thanks for the comments guys, really appreciate it!

Because everyone liked 3 and 8, I dicited to throw them ingame. Still need to work some more on the texture and masks, but it probably won't make a huge difference. I actually like them both, can't really choose. The brown one only has a little bit more contrast with the body of slark. Here's the result:

L71Lggd.jpg

6D9xeJN.jpg

OH, I really like this :D
    I like how the purple on the top sort of matches the fin-ear things, and then how it transitions to the more orange color on the bottom to match the back, it just depresses me how small they are in game and how much detail is lost xD
  • Anuxinamoon
    Offline / Send Message
    Anuxinamoon polycounter lvl 14
    Grats on getting into the store guys! :D

Also I love that slark helm! 8 is my fave :)
  • Fanatik
    @Andyk125 this looks awesome :thumbup: #3
    may be change the green arm belt to the same tone from the hat ?
  • HntrLuc
    Offline / Send Message
    HntrLuc polycounter lvl 18
    Congrats to those of that got items added!

I started an OD weapon today, still pretty loose, but most of the major shapes are roughly in.

od_wep_wip_01.jpg
  • AndrewHelenek
    Offline / Send Message
    Bacon Sandwhich had some incredible ideas for a ward and courier and We're deciding to tackle the project but right now we lack a modeler to create them. Everyone is busy working on their own projects. :P

If anyone is interested add me on steam, I will be responsible for rigging and animating them.

Here are the concepts.

Ward
    Untitled-2-7_zpsaa2cba9f.jpg

Courier - Tindel the Cartographer!
    tindelthecartographer_zps1bf52ae0.jpg

Cheers!
  • Spudnik
    Offline / Send Message
    Spudnik polycounter lvl 11
    Brilliant idea Helenek!

And that's looking really cool, Hunter! You may wanna make the blade portion a bit bigger though so it reads from a distance as well.
  • Paskie
    Gz Tvidotto! We finally get to see that Panda ingame :)
    Also looking forward to see that cute little Shagbark fella you guys have cooking with Cyborgmatt. Good stuff!
    Nice to see those Necrolyte and Warlock set finally ingame aswell. These patches are getting better and better :D
  • Andyk125
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the comments guys!

Still can't choose, I think they both look good :p I thought most ppl would like the purple one but not really a steady choice here. Still have some work cut out before the set is finished. I might need to remove the barnicles, so it won't conflict with other sets. The polycount on the lod_1 items are really low for Slark, so I couldn't add them to the back slot :s

@Andrew: Oh looking good, if I wasn't so busy I would love to model a few of those for you! Especially the ward is looking awesome:) If you need any help wih modeling the ward I would love to help, but then someone else should do the texturing.. Or maybe I will put some of my work on hold :p
  • Paskie
    Continuing on with items for the Lion set, it is supposed to be some sort of a crown. Getting ready to retopo this one.

J4lV4fu.png
  • AndrewHelenek
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the comments guys!

Still can't choose, I think they both look good :p I thought most ppl would like the purple one but not really a steady choice here. Still have some work cut out before the set is finished. I might need to remove the barnicles, so it won't conflict with other sets. The polycount on the lod_1 items are really low for Slark, so I couldn't add them to the back slot :s

@Andrew: Oh looking good, if I wasn't so busy I would love to model a few of those for you! Especially the ward is looking awesome:) If you need any help wih modeling the ward I would love to help, but then someone else should do the texturing.. Or maybe I will put some of my work on hold :p

I do have a texture artist that can do the textures if you are too busy, if you want to discuss it add me on steam and we can have a lil'chat :)
  • IEatApples
    Sculpt so far from my trueform concept:

TrueFormWIP.jpg
  • Frump
    Offline / Send Message
    Frump polycounter lvl 12
    Some kind of ward thing. Going to use the animations from the Bloodseeker ward if it decompiles properly, with some added tilt, if possible.

Just the stock eye for now, but maybe I'll change it.

swoard.jpg
  • Paskie
    Nice one Frump!
    Since everyone is posting wards, might as well post my sculpt :)

41S5ifh.png
  • Spudnik
    Offline / Send Message
    Spudnik polycounter lvl 11
    @IEatApples:
    That is really damn sexy... Do you have a set to go with it?
  • Andyk125
    Offline / Send Message
    @Helenek: Added you on steam, currently at work so i can't chat or anything, but I will be off in 2 hours.. Will contact you then.

Allready did some modeling in my break, it's just a quick blockout. So don't be affraid, wont do anything more before we discuss things :)

s2fsed2.jpg
  • AndrewHelenek
    Offline / Send Message
    @Helenek: Added you on steam, currently at work so i can't chat or anything, but I will be off in 2 hours.. Will contact you then.

Allready did some modeling in my break, it's just a quick blockout. So don't be affraid, wont do anything more before we discuss things :)

s2fsed2.jpg

Look great! I should be online, just message me whenever!
  • Tvidotto
    Offline / Send Message

really thanks man, im still dont believing with the news =]
    If I'm not mistaken his set has been in the files for quite some time. Congratulations nevertheless. :P

they added some info on the schema during the polycount contest, but nothing more then that, normally they add in parts the item, moy courier started to be added more then one month before the release, the panda was really a surprise

thanks helenek =]

HntrLuc wrote: »
    Congrats to those of that got items added!

I started an OD weapon today, still pretty loose, but most of the major shapes are roughly in.

od_wep_wip_01.jpg

looking amazing Hunter

Paskie wrote: »
    Gz Tvidotto! We finally get to see that Panda ingame :)
    Also looking forward to see that cute little Shagbark fella you guys have cooking with Cyborgmatt. Good stuff!
    Nice to see those Necrolyte and Warlock set finally ingame aswell. These patches are getting better and better :D

yay! im already liking the cyborgmatts couriers =]

IEatApples wrote: »
    Sculpt so far from my trueform concept:

TrueFormWIP.jpg

that is awesome! great work
  • HntrLuc
    Offline / Send Message
    HntrLuc polycounter lvl 18
    spudnik - thanks! i adjusted the rocks near the blade to be a bit smaller, but I also plan to texture more silver in on the blade part that i actually polypainted :P

thanks Tvidotto!

IEatApples - looks great so far! looking forward to more
  • Taz
    darkartsofneko - I completely agree, I've been iffy on the cape, the poly budget for it is really low 100~ so I was also thinking that the detail will be in the texture.

Also, If anyone wants a beta invite I've got a truck load of them (12) just send me a pm :)
  • Frump
    Offline / Send Message
    Frump polycounter lvl 12
    Going to submit later with Red I think. :)

I'm happy I remember how to animate and use the curve editor after a bunch of years not having done it. The process of importing was really smooth too.

[IMG]https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2184332/WIP Images/Dota2/whichcolor.jpg[/IMG]
  • Tvidotto
    Offline / Send Message
    Frump wrote: »
    Going to submit later with Red I think. :)

I'm happy I remember how to animate and use the curve editor after a bunch of years not having done it. The process of importing was really smooth too.

[IMG]https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2184332/WIP Images/Dota2/whichcolor.jpg[/IMG]

Frump looking really nice the model but the saturation of the sword i think its too much, its stealing the eye importance and is making the sword look like a toy

made a quick paintover

see if you like
    1Sek5
  • Anuxinamoon
    Offline / Send Message
    Hunter and apples! Wooowzers! I'ma have to step up my game!
  • AndrewHelenek
    Offline / Send Message
    Capture.JPG

WOOO! CLUCKLES!
  • Anuxinamoon
    Offline / Send Message
    WOOOO! Grats dude! :D
  • BrontoThunder
    Offline / Send Message
    :o he's not even on the store yet!

So cool, congrats Helenek!
  • Lennyagony
    Offline / Send Message
    Lennyagony polycounter lvl 14
    Congrats to everyone who had items accepted this go round, some pretty nice work all around :)
  • PoPcorn
    It's a long weekend this weekend in Australia. I'm going to get stuck into my new set.
  • K-PAX
    Offline / Send Message
    K-PAX polycounter lvl 7
    Capture.JPG

WOOO! CLUCKLES!

congratulation guy ~
  • AndrewHelenek
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you thank you! I can't wait to see it on the store, which according to Brandon Reinhart's post on reddit should be next week! This is going to be a long week. :P
  • Frump
    Offline / Send Message
    Frump polycounter lvl 12
    Frump looking really nice the model but the saturation of the sword i think its too much, its stealing the eye importance and is making the sword look like a toy

made a quick paintover

see if you like

I gave it a try on the model and in the previewer. The saturation is good when compared against the ground texture. Tons of stuff in Dota is really saturated and vibrant, so I don't think it's a problem. It might look like a toy, but so do some of the other custom wards. They're cute.

I ended up going with the purple sentry ward because people all voted for that one. In my heart the red sentry ward is the real one.

It's annoying that the ward importer spits out .dmx files! I'm going to have to manually compile to replace the default wards, unless I'm missing something.

I also have to get some video software to edit footage of the animations.

--Link--
    C6F6BBD7F5D37CA2CB25B7DE5E71C1324535FA80
  • Gareth_Thomas
    Here's my concept for a Centaur Set:

OyLxoVc.jpg

Comments and crits welcome. :)
  • Tits
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    Hey there guys,
    first time posting in this thread. Maybe my question is really stupid and has been answered more then a million time, but did few research on the forum and on google and couldn't really find a 100$ certain answer.
    So here ya go. I was planning to give it a shot and try to do a courrier for the workshop, tho a lot of people have been telling me that you needed to animate and rig in MAYA, and that you couldn't use 3ds max for it. Tho on the valve website I don't see any specification of that kind, other then the exported model need to be in a folder called ''maya''
    So does anyone know if we can use 3ds max to riggued and animate a courier for the game?

sorry again is this question has been asked, answered before
  • vlad_the_implyer
    Offline / Send Message
    vlad_the_implyer polycounter lvl 5
    Tits wrote: »
    Hey there guys,
    first time posting in this thread. Maybe my question is really stupid and has been answered more then a million time, but did few research on the forum and on google and couldn't really find a 100$ certain answer.
    So here ya go. I was planning to give it a shot and try to do a courrier for the workshop, tho a lot of people have been telling me that you needed to animate and rig in MAYA, and that you couldn't use 3ds max for it. Tho on the valve website I don't see any specification of that kind, other then the exported model need to be in a folder called ''maya''
    So does anyone know if we can use 3ds max to riggued and animate a courier for the game?

sorry again is this question has been asked, answered before
    You can use any 3D software you want, as long as you can export smds out of it. I use only Max for my stuff, so don't be afraid and start on that courier!
  • Largs
    I didn't like my cape so I'll start sculpting again :S
    capeshow1.jpg
    feel free to comment
  • AndrewHelenek
    Offline / Send Message
    You can use any 3D software you want, as long as you can export smds out of it. I use only Max for my stuff, so don't be afraid and start on that courier!

.smd,.fbx, or .dmx since the new in-game compiler accepts all of those.
  • kennynz
    Hi i have a question about the weapon_offhand, like riki or Am weapon. do i need to submit those offhand weapon ? if so, how do i submit those with the other hand weapon at the same time ?
    p/s sorry for my bad english