Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

The Crit Zone LReisis 2D work thread

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
LReisis polycounter lvl 6
This thread's objective will be to seek feedback and showcase my illustrations process, sketches and studies!
prev shared in THIS thread!

Replies

• LReisis
    Offline / Send Message
    I would like to get this thread going with this Illustration.

I changed the orientation and the poses from the early thumbs.

The scene is a witches ritual, and this is the peak of it, trying to emphasize the explosive energy from the cauldron and the girls struggle.

Value comp

ZJosDBD.jpg

Early sketches and thumbs

fY2S3i1.jpg

JBmeYhI.jpg
  • LReisis
    Offline / Send Message
    The Sorcerer Oracle

Colored sketch for today

m96HOAw.jpg
    IKzm3Zl.jpg
  • LReisis
    Offline / Send Message
    Having been posting too much in here but here we go, another batch of characters
    C&C are most welcome

Concept Monk Owl
    Check it on Artstation if you liked it! LINK
    uvNzihR.jpg

Breakdown of my references and materials
    JgRB7gE.jpg

This last two where for fun cus VIKINGS! are fun, second one inspired by Lagertha from the Vikings show

26hdKXZ.jpg

h8derup.jpg
  • LReisis
    Offline / Send Message
    Some more illustrations!I should start working on concepts again, that should be the next thing I post.

The witch and a MadMax fan art!
    Any C&C are most welcome guys!

eh8XbKj.jpg

zpiV0j2.jpg
  • LReisis
    Offline / Send Message
    Some B&W thumbnails Im going to refine now
    going to make 2 more environments and then a new set of characters, for now wanted to explore the idea of fantasy wizards and their different representations in different cultural contexts, in this case my fav two from the first group a fancy Witch and a Shaman Warrior
    Ce0OYYX.jpg

Environment inspired by the Naica caves
    GwlW4tR.jpg
    Jungle scene the monk has finally arrived to the remote temple, but danger still present.
    aBh1YPU.jpg

C&C Are most welcome guys, fell free to drop a line
  • LReisis
    Offline / Send Message
    Update on the last thumbnail, some quick colors on it

OfjlApi.jpg
  • Avanthera
    Offline / Send Message
    Avanthera polycounter lvl 10
    Hey Lreisis!

You're def. improving, and I like your character designs, especially the owl and blue robed guy.

The only thing I would have critique on right now would be your values while rendering. Not everything will have a full value range, dark things will stay pretty dark even when lit, and light things will stay light even in shadow. Right now almost everything in some of your scenes have a full value range, I'd try to be more subtle with value changes that describe form on a single surface. Going into a large value range on each object really makes everything blend together.

I actually didn't see the panther above the character till I overlayed your b+w layer on top of the full scene in luminosity mode.

06-08_crit_01.jpg

I think your greyscale version is really nice, and if you stuck closer to that value range your end result will benefit a ton.
  • Avanthera
    Offline / Send Message
    Avanthera polycounter lvl 10
    I didn't mean to just stick to the greyscale value range btw, just not to stray so far from your original sketch.
  • LReisis
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you so much for your comments!

I can see now, your edited version has more depth and atmospheric perspective, I'll keep it mind.

This is what I've been up to, doing a couple of studies from the Hurt Locker movie, more to come soon
    irgRR3t.jpg

from daily spitpaint, alien scout I put some more time into it and got this, I also created another creature more like an ape in a similar style

D4ykF0N.jpg

S3qfrhw.jpg

A WIP this noodle shop, resembling the one from the 5Th element movie, but more stylized. Day & Night Time.

bNP2IOG.jpg
    yKm6jPI.jpg
  • LReisis
    Offline / Send Message
    An illustration for a friend, here are also some of the sketches and gestures I did.

65u85H9.jpg

pyvTfxo.jpg

ykv6WSO.jpg

2qjR18w.jpg
  • LReisis
    Offline / Send Message
    I enjoy making self portraits, here are my most recent ones

EOZyd8a.jpg

5mt14Bu.jpg

5GY8M9X.jpg