Home Dota 2

DarkKyo's Workshop

Replies

• GhostDetector
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GhostDetector polycounter lvl 10
    Nice idea, as for the tail, do it mermaid or else the animation cycles will look weird.
  • darkkyo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    darkkyo polycounter lvl 6
    Thanks ghost. I think you might be right about the tail. I'll try it out and see if I can make it look right.
  • darkkyo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Still hard at work on my Puck set for for the event but I had some last minute single items in my head for the event that I just had to get out.
    2SH9hBS.png

Not sure if I'll have time for either so PM me if you're interested and we can talk about it. Please only inquire if you feel you can see it through(before the deadline would be nice), I've had some collaborators back out or fizzle out after claiming a project in the past.
    Crits/comments on how these could be improved are also appreciated as usual
  • darkkyo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well it's two days late and there is practically zero marketing for it(at this point I just had to get it up ASAP, even though it's likely it won't be considered at all for being a couple days late to the deadline) but here is that Puck set I was working on.

uExpEUXm.jpg

tyOgLZAm.jpg

SejvOEBm.jpg
    I think I learned a lot while making this set and it was fun albeit a bit stressful. I'm really hoping next year I can find a partner for New Bloom as it seems like fun and a good way to get items out faster and more efficiently.

Well anyways onward and upward. I'd still like to hear what people think of this set. It was meant to make Puck a classic Chinese serpent dragon, and was primarily inspired by Qinglong, the Azure Dragon. It was a risky choice to not include wings but I felt it would more authentically simulate the serpent dragon look.

Jox0BvX.gifNk2d2gb.gif

Thanks for looking, all! :) Happy New Bloom to all of polycount!
  • darkkyo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is an idea I've kicked around for a looong time, maybe a couple years. It's gone through several renditions as I could never find the right "feel" for an armored, knight-ish Rubick. I was finally happy enough with a direction to finalize a concept.

xLZSf9R.png

The idea behind the concept is that Rubick needed a set of armor because of all the physical spells he steals alongside magical ones. His normal robes, while magically potent enough for battle, provided his body little protection when it came to stealing and performing physical abilities like charging or punching. So he had to find an equally magical set of armor.
  • darkkyo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Quite excited about Bane being on the workshop, here is my concept for him

For now I'm calling it "Nyctasha's Lament"
  • Insaneophobia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Insaneophobia polycounter lvl 5
    That looks crazy cool man! Some crazy shapes going around! Have you tried also adding a tiny piece of the lower mouth of the mask to the lower jaw? I think that might could look really cool! Good job man!
  • darkkyo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks very much for your comments! The bottom jaw as it is was intended to be a sort of scary lower jaw of the broken face, but I hadn't even considered putting some pale facial parts to tie it together even more. It sounds potentially terrifying, and I'll definitely be toying around with the idea when I get to sculpting! Ty

The other thing I'm considering changing atm is the cloth. I'm wondering if it could benefit from a regal pattern to give it more of a "fall from grace" look.