Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: GameDevGoro

[Deleted User]
polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
[Deleted User] polycounter lvl 7
Hello! :)

Been lurking these forums for a while now and I'm now coming out of the dark caverns from where I have been watching you happy people ever since, forging my master plan to... Wait. Never mind.
In short: I'm going to be post some 2d and 3d art, not as much 3d art though since it's 2d stuff I want to be good at.

A little behind-the-scenes on myself.
I have been drawing for pretty much as long as I can remember. But I had a genuine interest drop in, like, eighth grade(?) where I didn't draw anything serious for 4 years or something along those lines. That threw me into a bit of a rusty state from which I'm recuperating right now.
I started dabbling in 3d stuff in sixth grade or something like that, but nothing too serious.
It's about that time I picked up programming too, but again, nothing too serious.

Right now though. I'm a indie game developer/programmer, 3d artist, 2d artist and whatever role I have to befit in order to work on the few game projects I have right now. Sort of a jack-of-all-trades thing I guess.

I hope it's OK for me to write this rather lengthy introduction because it's most likely the longest thing I'll ever write here, "More art, less words", right? :)

Without further ado, I present to you my latest piece:

dwarf.png

And here's some *slightly* older stuff for measure.

updated_girl.png

updated_thief.png

updated_botd_skeleton.png
(^(Skeleton image) This image is my oldest one since I started digital painting seriously.)

updated_spellsword.png

updated_girlndemon.png

updated_orcguy.png

That's all for now.

And, you as the person reading/watching this: I want your C&C, as I mentioned: I want to get better at this.

Please note though. I'm really self-critical and I often don't find much comfort in my own creations.
I have a ton of stuff to say (negative stuff mostly) about these pictures in reality, but for the sake of this sketchbook thing, I'm ready to not mention it all here.
I'm NOT fishing for compliments or anything like that. I just don't find much use in being complacent.

Hope you enjoy. :)

Replies