Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Art Contest Riot Art Contest - Animation

[Riot Art Contest] - Gabriel Useche

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
gutenks polycounter lvl 2
Hi! I think I'm a little late but still on the time. I first got in mind making animations for Quinn and Valor, but I realized that it was too ambitious. Besides, all the ultimates I imagined didn't matched with Riot's gameplay.. *shrug* So I think I'll only use her model as a standing dummy. I'll use instead a character of my own. It's called Sifr and he is a criature that becomes a djinn or an ifrit depending of his actions. Hope you like it. :)

Replies

• gutenks
    Offline / Send Message
    This is the model I'll be using for my animations. I'm working right now on the blocking of his ultimate.

Sifr%20close%20up.jpg

Sifr%20front.jpg
  • E_ensey
    Offline / Send Message
    E_ensey polycounter lvl 4
    Thanks a pretty cool model Gabriel. looking forward to the animations.
  • gutenks
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks E_ensey! I'm working right now.. :)
    This is the ifrit part of the attack. The idea is that he splits himself into two and both the ifrit and the djinn attack the target. I haven't animated the cloak yet.
    The blue thing is the indicator of the attack's direction and the red triangle is the locator of the djinn.

Blocking-Ifrit-Sifr.gif
  • gutenks
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi, it's been a while since I posted my last blocking. I rearranged the ultimate; it's kind of a mix of Vi's and Yasuo's ultimate (that's why the cube rises in the air). I really like the way it begin to look. Dunno if I'll still replace the big cube for Quinn as I said before.. I think it may distract from the ulti's animation. We'll see.. :)

[vv]112773829[/vv]
  • gutenks
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm working now on linear interpolation. This is a basic render on LOL view. I like it a lot! :D I forgot to explain the ultimate's action. The ability has 2 phases; a skillshot that deal damage and slows the enemy, and a targeted attack that knock up the enemy and deals damage. Waiting for any suggestions or critics.

[vv]112880377[/vv]
  • TypicalDan
    Sweet idea! Maybe speed up the ending so they jump away sooner, to give it more impact?
  • gutenks
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks TypicalDan! I think I did your suggestion and it looks better actually. I'm working now on improving the fighting poses and movement before going to spline interpolation. Soon I'll upload what I've done. :poly108:
  • gutenks
    Offline / Send Message
    This is another linear interpolation render. In this one I replaced the cube for a wooden mannequin, sped up the final hit and worked on some poses. Any advices or critics?

[vv]113343237[/vv]
  • gutenks
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi! Now I'm working on spline interpolation. I animated the cloak too. I think the whole thing looks pretty smooth and really like it, but there are some details I'm not comfortable with.. like the speed of their first hit on the dummy.Please comment any critics or advices. I dunno if it's because of time I post my animations but I don't get any feedback.. :'( Hope you like my improvements!

[vv]113739373[/vv] [vv]113739374[/vv]
  • gutenks
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi! I´m back again. I've been busy with work but now I can dedicate more time to this. I finished the ultimate attack and I'm pretty satisfied. Maybe there are still some details I have to improve but I'll do it later. Waiting for any advices or critics. :poly121:

[vv]114600683[/vv][vv]114600682[/vv][vv]114600681[/vv]

I'm working now on the running cycle and is really hard. I'll post my wip soon.
  • gutenks
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi! this is the run cycle. Still in progress. The cloak, specially, is giving me some troubles..! but I'm working on this today. The bar fills when Sifr makes offensives spells and transforms into an ifrit, while casting spells on allies keeps the bar low and turning him into a djinn.In my next post I'll upload a gif instead so you can see the loop. Still waiting for any comments, critics or advices.. *shrug*

[vv]114839213[/vv]
  • gutenks
    Offline / Send Message
    Made some improvements but I like what I got. I'll work on it untill tomorrow at the morning. I tried to separate both alter egos of Sifr. One; the djinn is calmed and spiritual, while the ifrit is messy and savage. With this in mind I gotta change some tiny things on his ultimate. Any feedback is really appreciated.. :)

Run-Cycle2.gif