Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Labrys Character model

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Tickwomp polycounter lvl 7
Hey guys,

I started working on Labrys from Persona 4 Arena for fun. It's been awhile since I've posted work in it's own thread so here goes. What do you guys think? Still working on the Axe and scene/poses, etc.

qw07.jpg

fvsx.jpgtccr.jpg

mfdq.jpg

Replies

• PyrZern
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PyrZern polycounter lvl 12
    I think she looks great.
    Even though I love how her hair looks; her frontal hair and her ponytail don't match I think O o'
  • LeoJr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LeoJr polycounter lvl 7
    Beautiful! Good job, man!
  • Tickwomp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback! Reworking the hair so it's more bunched and varied. Will post an update when I get home.
  • Boozebeard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Boozebeard polycounter lvl 11
    Mmmm, not sure the tiny feet work. Just looks like she would fall over.
  • Poribo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Poribo polycounter lvl 13
    Oh man this is looking great so far, I get all excited whenever Persona is mentioned. I've always been wanting to model Labrys.

I reckon you go over your proportions if you want to match the character as close as possible. I did a quick liquify pass to show what I think she should look like.

pgdv.jpg

Just a shorter torso, smaller chest, less broad shoulders and longer legs. Her ponytail shouldn't be as volumetric as well. I personally think her face should be "cute" but I reckon you can differentiate on that.

What you have so far is pretty polished, I can't wait to see the axe! :)
  • X³²Lapis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    X³²Lapis polycounter lvl 10
    oh wow this is looking really cool
  • Tickwomp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    9k8n.jpg
    pfa4.jpg

Hey guys - finally got around to doing some adjustments and just re-doing the hair.

Nightflarer: Thanks for the advice! I aimed somewhere between the original size and what you had.

Let me know what you guys think :)
  • _Kratos_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    _Kratos_ polycounter lvl 11
    I think the overall is pretty solid! I would work more on textures... get some gradients, and details...and give it some shader too!

Looking good! Keep it up!
  • TAN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TAN polycounter lvl 12
    YEAHS ! Keep going man ! :D
  • Poribo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Poribo polycounter lvl 13
    "I've been waiting for this!" :P

Looking much better!
    Just more little observations, her torso looks a bit 'top heavy', may be the shirt is too baggy at the top, shoulders are too wide or she needs wider hips.
  • stevston89
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    stevston89 interpolator
    Looks really nice. Just a few things to note. The textures overall are a bit flat as _Kratos_ mention some soft gradients will help alot with that. The specular maps need work all of your materials are under defined. Your metal you are going to want to make darker in the diffuse to get it to look like metal. The red areas should read more like hard plastic than red metal. I would saturate the red areas and increase the gloss. The hair is really flat right now as well. I made a paint over to show you what I mean. In the pain over I added some subtle gradients to help the flatness. I changed up the metal and red areas to show you what I mean. Hope this helps.

2d6JLHb.jpg
  • Tickwomp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey all, Thanks for the feedback.

Adjusted the shaders and colors, and the spec to help pop her a bit. Also shortened the width between her shoulders and widened the hips. Took a few tries but I've been looking at it way too long now. I think in readjusting the shoulder the first few times the location of the pivot/joint got muddled and fubar'd.

m5hd.jpg
  • Tickwomp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ehh, calling her done for now. Gotta keep on making stuff, but I'm satisfied with how she turned out. Thanks for all the insight and help making her (and me) better :)

knixl.jpg
    z5jb.jpg
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    Oh nice, solid pose too bud. Sweet weapon and hair work!