Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

BROFORCE Brototype!

Replies

• OverMarvelous
    Thanks guys! :-D

Some more type and have tried a lot of things with the flag, I think we have settled on this WIP (will make it less shitty tommorow)

UI%20copy.jpg

Damb shitty slow ass photoshop gifs (suppose to be double this speed)
    typography.gif
  • AzzaMat
    Offline / Send Message
    AzzaMat polycounter lvl 9
    i think that the title text needs a space, it kinda looks like brof orce due to the way its centred
  • OverMarvelous
    Thanks azzamay, made the f and o closer and finished the flag!

Heres mook general in pixel art. and some concepts for punching! I drew more states but I dunno where they are now. phff. :) Will show some damage state stuff tommorow night!

logo_iteration2.jpg

Competitive Face Punching soon, excited its looking sweet on Evans side!
    punchstates.jpg
  • pixelpatron
    Offline / Send Message
    pixelpatron polycounter
    where is that boner gif?
  • IwAsSoMeGuY
    Ok, the game is great but I'm having some problems with my controls. Right Alt fires for both players. This means a) I can't play one player, because when I click fire a P2 spawns. Commiting suicide works to get rid of the unwanted player, but it means I can't collect any lives as they respawn player 2, and b) If I am playing two player, when P1 fires, P2 fires as well, meaning alot of unwanted explosions. As of yet I am unable to find an options setting so I can change the controls.
  • Magnus33
    A friend of mine offered the Brototype to me and even if i can't wait the release of the final version of the game on steam, i'm pretty much impressed by the amount of fun i had, playing with it.

My wish would be that you continue working with the painted art style after the game release on steam. I'd really love to play Broforce with this kind of graphics. Even if it's a sequel, a dlc, only offline or whatever, i want it! :(

As you are the artist, i have several things to tell you, i ended on this forum quite randomly and i was gladly surprised, those WIP pieces are amazingly good, i love it, i love the fancy graphics and animations we can see in those gifs like the leaves falling from the trees and Mister T movements and this flamethrower! I really love this kind of details, that's why i noticed that, with the retro style, the face of the characters on the corner of the screen is changing while shooting, it would be awesome if, with the painted-art graphics, you could make the face of the character to change as well while firing, face expression and light from the gun, it would be amazing. You probably ever thought about it, it's a detail, but i had to talk about it, because i am Mister Details :)

I would really love the final game to look like that. Even if i personally prefer this kind of beautiful 2D graphics, i also like retro style graphics and a lot of people prefers it so that would be awesome if we could switch from retro to modern in the options menu if possible, you would make a looot of adepts if you could do so, just like in the latest version of Half Minute Hero. I heard someone from free lives on this interview talking about the possibility for players to create their own bro, it would be a great feature, even if it seems to be hard with painted graphics.

Finally, it's not your job but, making the game compatible with the steam workshop and online multiplayer are not "details", it is the only last gap between Broforce being an excellent-must-have-2D-action-shooter-with-a-huge-amount-of-fun and my favorite game of all time, on the same shelf as the metal slug serie.

I beg you and i trust you, make this game even more beatifully amazing than he is fun, or at least, try to!

Sorry for english mistakes, i'm a french frog, far away from south-africa.

Magnus33: one more bro waiting for this game to blow shits up even more than it already does.
  • glottis8
    Offline / Send Message
    glottis8 polycounter lvl 9
    This game is terrific! should make a thread on general to put updates and spread the word!
  • glottis8
    Offline / Send Message
    glottis8 polycounter lvl 9
    I just heard about it yesterday from a coworker while i was talking about Mercenary Kings. But this game just takes the gold hands down. It is so fun and intuitive, and so hectic. Plus all the bros abilities are just awesome. Unlocking new ones and going holy cow that is awesome! been playing it for a little bit, but i already know i'll be playing this for a while once it comes out on the vita. Can't wait to see what else they come up with. Its an excellent game so far.