Home Unreal Engine

Recording a video with UDK

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
acealmighty13 polycounter lvl 10
I've built a map in UDK and I've tried to record a short clip to add to my portfolio to go with my images. I've tried OBS, Camstudio with no luck. I have a camera actor set up, it has been animated and I'm trying to figure out what to do next. I have a Matinee set up and with what little I know right now, I'm unsure of what else I need to get this to work properly.

I've had a friend try to explain to me what I need to have in Kismet via FB Messenger and that didn't help because he knew what he was talking about, he could have spoken Latin. ha ha!

Camera%20Actor.jpg

What else do I need in this Kismet to get it to work properly? Also, any instructions I may need to know when I Play on PC or however I need to pick up the AVI file. I'm at a loss right now and fed up for the night. I'd appreciate any advice to help make this easier for me.

Replies

• tharle
    Offline / Send Message
    tharle polycounter lvl 9
    i wrote a tutorial to for this for effects a while back: http://www.tharlevfx.com/tutorial-udk/

you'll end up with still frames so you'll need some software to recompile that back into a video.

hope that helps!
  • acealmighty13
    Offline / Send Message
    acealmighty13 polycounter lvl 10
    So far so good. Yet, when I load up the exe file, it doen't follow the camera I've animated throughout. It instead, places me in the Player Spawn and I'm free to do what I want. The images are in the folder, which is great. It's a step in the right direction. Your tutorial helped me out quite a bit.

EDIT: I had the Camera Icon in the DirGroup lit up and not the Camera Group in my Matinee. Changed it, saved it, and it works beautifully. Thank you