Home Technical Talk

Posing your character after it is textured

manilamerc
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
manilamerc polycounter lvl 6
Ok so I want Im done texturing my character and I want to pose it. But every time I pose it in Zbrush and Goz it back the textures are gone. and when I put my maps on it I'm only able to put one map on it. I remember before I was able to pose it in Zbrush and GoZ it with the textures still in Max. If you guys know how to have it so the textures are still on that would be great. Or if you recommend to just rig it let me know. But I honestly just want to pose it in Zbrush.

TVgJuDE.jpg

Replies

• manilamerc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [Deleted User] insane polycounter
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • manilamerc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I never merged the mesh in Zbrush I merged it in Max. I tried exporting it without GoZ. I swear I remember posing my character like this before but now the textures aren't showing up.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Make sure you don't have multiple uv channels, it looks like you exported with a garbage uv channel from max.
  • manilamerc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EarthQuake wrote: »
    Make sure you don't have multiple uv channels, it looks like you exported with a garbage uv channel from max.

I separated my character into 3 UV's. The head the torso and the legs. Are you saying the only way to work around this is to have everything unwrapped into one UV?
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox veteran polycounter
    so basically all that happens that only one material is still applied? well the apply the other 2 o_O
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    manilamerc wrote: »
    I separated my character into 3 UV's. The head the torso and the legs. Are you saying the only way to work around this is to have everything unwrapped into one UV?

No, I assumed the wrong uv channel was getting exported entirely, but it sounds like you're applying one texture to all 3 materials. Like Steffen suggests, just make sure to apply the correct materials to the correct polys.
  • manilamerc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I don't know who Steffen is but anyway... What I do is I will but my body texture on for example but when I put my head texture the body texture goes away. So It only allows me to put one texture correctly like my picture above.
  • Psyk0
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Psyk0 polycounter lvl 18
    It looks to me like your model is 1 mesh and not split into multiple ones. So each time you switch texture, it will display correctly on some parts and not on others.

Either split your mesh according to textures or assign your textures in sub object mode to each body part (just select polygons and assign each material manually.)
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox veteran polycounter
    manilamerc wrote: »
    I don't know who Steffen is but anyway... What I do is I will but my body texture on for example but when I put my head texture the body texture goes away. So It only allows me to put one texture correctly like my picture above.

I am Steffen, the onw who replied is Joe, i know reading signatures takes just too much time ^^
  • manilamerc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Psyk0 wrote: »
    It looks to me like your model is 1 mesh and not split into multiple ones. So each time you switch texture, it will display correctly on some parts and not on others.

Either split your mesh according to textures or assign your textures in sub object mode to each body part (just select polygons and assign each material manually.)

I figured that was the solution to the texture problem but my main issue is posing my character and hsving thd textures on correctly while I do that
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox veteran polycounter
    you will have to split your character and apply multiple textures in zbrush, it doesn't handle multiple textures per object.
    or you could put all 3 textures side by side and change your unwrap for all 3 using uvw xform
  • SnowInChina
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SnowInChina interpolator
    Neox wrote: »
    I am Steffen, the onw who replied is Joe, i know reading signatures takes just too much time ^^

imho signatures are disabled as a default in this forum