Home Marmoset

Toolbag 2 is on Steam! | Marmoset Toolbag 2 | News & Announcements

Replies

• Bruno Afonseca
    Hey Joe,

I've been trying to plug in a substance in Toolbag but can't get the diffuse to be assigned to the albedo channel. It's tagged as "diffuse" inside Substance but doesn't seem to work...
  • ][-][4Z4R][))
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi guys!

I was wondering about the Scale & Bias checkbox that is in the normal maps in Marmoset default shader
    All i know about it is that when using 8 bit normal maps it should be enabled but if you are using 16 bit normals it should be disabled. But i don´t get what this Scale and Bias really does in the image. Could anybody exaplain please?

Thanks for your help :)
  • kunglao
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kunglao polycounter lvl 18
    I have been using Marmo 1 since launch and recently upgraded to 2. Early impressions are very good. However there are some things that I do not see from the 1st Marmo. Maybe people already asked of these.
    1. No Floor Option
    2. No World Space Widget for Lights
    3. Lens Flares and light animations
    4. Render View, no drop down list for displays such as Standard,Vertex Normals, over draw etc
    6. When rendering a 360 turntables I saw some artists models on Marmo 1 transition from no texture, wire frame, normal and fully textured during the full turn. Is this still achievable in Marmo 2?

I apologise if these questions have been asked before but could you tell me if they are in or going to be put in
    Keep up the ace work and from your live blogs, emails and polycount thread your correspondence has been fantastic
  • malcolm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    malcolm polycount sponsor
    Hey Joe, I started doing a bunch of lighting in TB2 and found that I'm missing two features.

1. I need to turn off specular emission from certain lights that I only use for shaping.

2. It would be really handy to have a square spotlight, I see that the default spot light actually goes square when you turn off the vignette, but it would be very helpful if the vignette could be toggled between square or circle. I guess I could make a gobo, but I like the realtime control of how much vignette is applied to the light. Just need a square shape setting.
  • Joopson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    I made a Roughness-And-Metalness graph to mimic the Roughness and Specular graph I've seen floating around as of late:

AndrewLeslieMetalnessRougnessGraph.jpg
  • Jon Mills
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jon Mills polycounter lvl 6
    Hey guys,

I have recently started a new project in toolbag 2, and have been having an issue where my albedo texture seems to appear much more blown out and desaturated in toolbag than in photoshop, im not sure what may be causing this or if anyone has had these issues also but I have done many projects before using toolbag 2 and not seemed to have this problem, I initially thought it was a value in my skin shader or something possibly conflicting with my albedo texture values and giving a more desaturated appearance but this doe not seem to be the issue, also played around with my lighting in case i was unintentionally blowing out my textures but nothing noticeably wrong there either, will post some screens when im back at my home PC if needed

thanks guys :)
  • Jon Mills
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jon Mills polycounter lvl 6
    hmm.. seem to have fixed it lol. Turned out that use sRGB colour space was unticked on the texture in toolbag, and this was due to my texture, which i created the base for in DDO, seemed to be saved as a 16 bit image, which didn't allow me to use sRGB in toolbag, not sure why textures come out of quixel as 16 bit though :/
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello Everyone!

Is there any documentation regarding character hair setup and creation in toolbag 2? Love this caesar fan art!

I can’t really tell you specifically how Yosuke set up his hair there, but you might want to check out his youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/maya3dcg

Lee and I did a character setup livestream recently, we talked a bit about hair around the 57 minute mark:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAyx-C3O1Hc

I am loving Marmoset toolbag 2, but where is the render view settings present in the first version that lets you show in realtime only certain visual elements like (shadow, AO, normals, specular, etc.) It be really handy if you could get the feature back in following versions of toolbag 2

Thanks for the feedback, I’ll add another vote for the render pass feature to the suggestion list.

Maybe a bit far out feature request.
    What if we where able to save states, like I setup a scene save it as a state try a few different things, that doesn't work out then I can go back to the saved state.

Could you explain the use case for this a bit more? Specifically how it would be better than simply saving a copy of your scene?

You can also make duplicates of your meshes, lights, and materials if you want to make some changes but still be able to quickly revert, that’s what I generally do.

Hey Joe,

I've been trying to plug in a substance in Toolbag but can't get the diffuse to be assigned to the albedo channel. It's tagged as "diffuse" inside Substance but doesn't seem to work...

Thats interesting, can you rename your output to albedo in substance? If you can upload a copy of the file I’ll have someone take a look at it here.

' wrote:
    [-][4Z4R][));2094795']Hi guys!
    ' wrote:
    [-][4Z4R][));2094795']

I was wondering about the Scale & Bias checkbox that is in the normal maps in Marmoset default shader
    All i know about it is that when using 8 bit normal maps it should be enabled but if you are using 16 bit normals it should be disabled. But i don´t get what this Scale and Bias really does in the image. Could anybody exaplain please?

Thanks for your help dTX2WOn7tUAiS5_wwLkpahMG4ZMMo5DkzQcWBqBoKxQfzn2KHDjQxllhZ9_I1jDNj2lfSXK0dJ9eX_O74IUtB4ncij560FYqf1b-YPVrfgEjIniNnxxNr-kwE6QMfBBLLQ

First off, even with a 16 bit map you will want to leave scale and bias checked. Now what it actually does:

It maps the 0-255 color range to -1 to 1, normally images are only in the 0-1 range, but normal maps need -1 to 1. For a floating point HDR image (such as 32bit float) you don’t need to use scale and bias, as floating point formats can store a much wider range of values, including below 0 and past 1.

kunglao wrote: »
    I have been using Marmo 1 since launch and recently upgraded to 2. Early impressions are very good. However there are some things that I do not see from the 1st Marmo. Maybe people already asked of these.
    kunglao wrote: »
    1. No Floor Option
    2. No World Space Widget for Lights
    3. Lens Flares and light animations
    4. Render View, no drop down list for displays such as Standard,Vertex Normals, over draw etc
    6. When rendering a 360 turntables I saw some artists models on Marmo 1 transition from no texture, wire frame, normal and fully textured during the full turn. Is this still achievable in Marmo 2?

I apologise if these questions have been asked before but could you tell me if they are in or going to be put in
    Keep up the ace work and from your live blogs, emails and polycount thread your correspondence has been fantastic

Thanks for the suggestions, most of these are features we would like to add back in at some point, its just a matter of finding the time to do it. No need to worry about asking for something that has been requested before, having multiple people request the same feature is a good way for us to know how common the desire for said feature is.

malcolm wrote: »
    Hey Joe, I started doing a bunch of lighting in TB2 and found that I'm missing two features.
    malcolm wrote: »

1. I need to turn off specular emission from certain lights that I only use for shaping.

2. It would be really handy to have a square spotlight, I see that the default spot light actually goes square when you turn off the vignette, but it would be very helpful if the vignette could be toggled between square or circle. I guess I could make a gobo, but I like the realtime control of how much vignette is applied to the light. Just need a square shape setting.

Hey Malcolm, thanks for the suggestions, I’ll add them to the list here.

Joopson wrote: »
    I made a Roughness-And-Metalness graph to mimic the Roughness and Specular graph I've seen floating around as of late:

Cool, thanks for posting it!

Jon Mills wrote: »
    hmm.. seem to have fixed it lol. Turned out that use sRGB colour space was unticked on the texture in toolbag, and this was due to my texture, which i created the base for in DDO, seemed to be saved as a 16 bit image, which didn't allow me to use sRGB in toolbag, not sure why textures come out of quixel as 16 bit though :/

Yeah that sounds about right, as far as I know the gpu does not support 16bit in gamma space, only linear space. One thing you can do is load the preview jpegs from dDo while working (which means really fast updates) and set dDo to cross app mode. Then when you’re done, save out higher quality 8bit tgas.
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    EarthQuake wrote: »
    Could you explain the use case for this a bit more? Specifically how it would be better than simply saving a copy of your scene?

You can also make duplicates of your meshes, lights, and materials if you want to make some changes but still be able to quickly revert, that’s what I generally do.

Softimage XSI has a feature similar to this, when you do a render regions for mental ray in the viewport, you get 4 "snapshot" buttons, right clicking sets the snapshot, and allows you to make a change while half of the region stays the same, you can move the slider and switch between the saved ones. If you right click an established saved state it has extra options like revert to the old settings the previous state was using, or clear/remove the saved one.

Also Softimage XSI has 4 buttons at the top of the viewport that let you save camera angles, which is also really handy. I'd love to see either one of those features in any 3d application.

main_vs_direct_diffuse1.jpg
  • Stromberg90
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stromberg90 polycounter lvl 11
    Thanks for explaining it better than me, ZacD :)

Saving multiple scenes or duplicating is very doable, It's mostly of convenience to the user.
  • Luke003
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Luke003 polycounter lvl 8
    Hi guys,

I recently got a 3D monitor at my workstation and just for kicks I tried Toolbag2's "cross-eyed" mode on a scene. It looks splendid, except the fact that the aspect ratio gets stretched since cross-eyed mode doesn't compress the image. If that's not a terribly complicated thing to do (squish the aspect ratio for each eye) you could easily add a "Side-by-side" viewing option to the Stereo3D list.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD wrote: »
    Softimage XSI has a feature similar to this, when you do a render regions for mental ray in the viewport, you get 4 "snapshot" buttons, right clicking sets the snapshot, and allows you to make a change while half of the region stays the same, you can move the slider and switch between the saved ones. If you right click an established saved state it has extra options like revert to the old settings the previous state was using, or clear/remove the saved one.

Also Softimage XSI has 4 buttons at the top of the viewport that let you save camera angles, which is also really handy. I'd love to see either one of those features in any 3d application.

Thanks for the explanation.

We do have camera position saving, you can have an unlimited number of cameras, and there is a quick dropdown to select the active camera at the top left of the viewport.

Luke003 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I recently got a 3D monitor at my workstation and just for kicks I tried Toolbag2's "cross-eyed" mode on a scene. It looks splendid, except the fact that the aspect ratio gets stretched since cross-eyed mode doesn't compress the image. If that's not a terribly complicated thing to do (squish the aspect ratio for each eye) you could easily add a "Side-by-side" viewing option to the Stereo3D list.

I passed this request on but none of us understand exactly what you want.

Could you provide a further explanation or perhaps a diagram? Any tech papers on exactly what 3d style your monitor supports, information about your monitor (specific brand, model, etc).
  • Luke003
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, sorry I wasn't very descriptive. I'm using an LG d2343 Cinema 3D Monitor. The company I work for primarily creates 3D videos for viewing in our virtual reality cave, but I was given the monitor for test purposes. Our two main outputs are either a "side-by-side full" or "side-by-side half" rendered video. Side-by-side full is essentially a left eye full 1920x1080 and a right eye full 1920x1080 side by side for an actual video resolution of 3840x1080. Since our cave uses two projectors to create the 3D effect, the system splits the video and displays each eye on a separate projector(monitor).

Most other outputs though, like 3D monitors or televisions we have are designed to automatically split whatever is being input and use the left half as the left eye, and the right as the right eye. Hence, the output for these applications is side-by-side half, or a 1920x1080 video where 964x1080 is the left eye image and 964x1080 is the right eye image. That is almost exactly what Toolbag is doing for the "cross-eyed" mode, except when a video is rendered at side-by-side half, the original aspect ratio for each eye (1920x1080) is compressed to fit the 964x1080 for left and right halves of the final output.

What it's doing for Toolbag is taking the originally scaled image and stretching it by 2x horizontally since the resolution appears to be scaled globally and not just horizontally. Here is a visual example:

This is what Toolbag does in "cross-eyed mode."
    14634185353_0bdc0053f1_c.jpg

This is what happens when 3D mode is enabled on the monitor. (except in 3D obviously)
    14427564260_4c09a48399_c.jpg

This is what the side-by-side half output looks like.
    14427564230_5f204a085c_c.jpg

This is what that looks like when 3D mode is enabled.
    14591193416_b431a479f7_c.jpg

I hope that helps to understand the issue a little better.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Luke: Thanks for the explanation, I'll add it to the suggestion list.
  • Bek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bek interpolator
    Bek wrote: »
    Importing a 16bit .tif from xnormal seems bugged at the moment. It shows up much darker than it actually is (not an sRGB problem). Converting the normal map to 8bit tif or tga works. I swear 16bit worked fine in 201/202?
    Any update on when 16bit .tiff's from xNormal will work again? Broken for me since 2.03.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bek wrote: »
    Any update on when 16bit .tiff's from xNormal will work again? Broken for me since 2.03.

16bit tiffs are unfortunately not likely to be something we can fix, the source is the tiff loader itself, basically we would need to write our own tiff loader to fix the problem.

The best solution is to simply use psds for 16 bit files.

But go ahead and send me an example tiff and I will get it bug logged. We have one known issue (again that is a problem with the loader), where 16 bit tiffs will only load 8 bit data (which makes them basically pointless to use) but I'm not aware of issues with brightness.
  • Bek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bek interpolator
    Hm. Well, when I reported the issue previously (28/02/2014) I sent you the problem files. But I guess I'll do so again.

Does Marmoset provide old installers if I wanted to rollback to 2.02? Of course I can bake a 16bit tiff then open in photoshop and save as a psd... but that gets tedious.
  • jeffdr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jeffdr polycounter lvl 11
    Luke003 wrote: »
    I'm using an LG d2343 Cinema 3D Monitor....

Thanks for the concise description Luke! I've just added support for this in the upcoming version of Toolbag. I don't have the fancy hardware to test it with, but the new rendering mode matches the layout you describe. Didn't take long since it was just a quick modification of the 'cross-eyed' mode.

Incidentally, we're looking at releasing Toolbag 2.05 quite soon :)
  • Luke003
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jeffdr wrote: »
    Thanks for the concise description Luke! I've just added support for this in the upcoming version of Toolbag. I don't have the fancy hardware to test it with, but the new rendering mode matches the layout you describe. Didn't take long since it was just a quick modification of the 'cross-eyed' mode.

Incidentally, we're looking at releasing Toolbag 2.05 quite soon :)

Sweet! I'm glad I could help. I'll test it out as soon as you do.
  • AlphaMix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well, since I read that repeating future requests might help, what really bummed me out was:

-Finding out there wasn't a floor option to cast my shadows.
    -While capturing a turntable I cannot record a fading wireframe, or animate a material change by manually adjusting a slider.
    -Imported substances don't play their animations as they would right off the bat in other Engines like Unity (tested with a texture offset animation).
    -Ahh, da lens flares too.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AlphaMix wrote: »
    Well, since I read that repeating future requests might help, what really bummed me out was:

-Finding out there wasn't a floor option to cast my shadows.
    -While capturing a turntable I cannot record a fading wireframe, or animate a material change by manually adjusting a slider.
    -Imported substances don't play their animations as they would right off the bat in other Engines like Unity (tested with a texture offset animation).
    -Ahh, da lens flares too.

Thanks for the feedback!

To fade in wireframe, different materials etc, the easiest way is to simply render out a full turntable for each presentation style, and then fade them in Premiere, After effects, etc.

Could you get me a sample substance file with animation?
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys, 2.05 is out!

New stuff: GGX specular to better match current gen engines like UE4/Crytek, world/local space transformation toggle, global scene scale/unit conversion, recent files menu, and the slow loading bug is officially fixed (everyone should be able to load millions of polys in now without issue), and a bunch more features/fixes as well.

Full changelog here: http://www.marmoset.co/toolbag/history

Oh yeah, xNormal/Mikktspace tangents are perfect now too, as good as Maya/Max.
  • Luke003
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just wanted to let you guys know, the 3D monitor stereo mode works beautifully. I had to check the "swap eyes" box, but once I did, it worked like a charm. :)
  • Joopson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    Loving GGX, after playing with it for a moment. Feels a bit weird when you get down into really rough metals, but the rest of the range is quite nice. Might just be because of fresnel or something, though? (I'm clueless when it comes to shader magic)

Gt7VoVn.jpg
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    hmmm it does appear to behave a little weird now that it's pointed out like that.

I'll take another look at it, thanks!
  • iammalte
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iammalte interpolator
    Hi EarthQuake,

first I want to say thank you for all your helpfull posts, explanations and tutorials. This means a lot of work, effort and patience.

I noticed a little problem and tryed the best to solve it by myself. Maybe it s a small issue and I oversight something.

problem.jpg

Somehow my normalmap causes some issues. If I increase the contrast (2) I can slightly see some artifacts.

Without any gloss information (no gloss map, value of 0) there is no problem with my normal map but if I higher up the gloss value or load a gloss map the artifacts will show up.

If I clear the normal map and set a gloss value there are no problems.
    Maybe I oversight something?

Thanks so far!
    Meanwhile I will test a 3dsmax bake with the same object.

baked with xnormal + cage

If the same problem is already known I am sorry to ask again.

Best,
    malte
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    Malte, what format are you baking your normalmap out as?
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iammalte wrote: »
    Hi EarthQuake,

first I want to say thank you for all your helpfull posts, explanations and tutorials. This means a lot of work, effort and patience.

I noticed a little problem and tryed the best to solve it by myself. Maybe it s a small issue and I oversight something.

Somehow my normalmap causes some issues. If I increase the contrast (2) I can slightly see some artifacts.

Without any gloss information (no gloss map, value of 0) there is no problem with my normal map but if I higher up the gloss value or load a gloss map the artifacts will show up.

If I clear the normal map and set a gloss value there are no problems.
    Maybe I oversight something?

Thanks so far!
    Meanwhile I will test a 3dsmax bake with the same object.

baked with xnormal + cage

If the same problem is already known I am sorry to ask again.

Best,
    malte

Hi, this is almost certainly a bit-depth precision issue. Using a 16 bit per channel image, or baking at 16 bit per channel an re-saving should solve the issue.

If you've baked the normal map at 8bits, and then set it to 16 bit in photoshop after the fact that won't help.

What you want to do is:
    1. Rebake in xnormal, but set the file format to TIFF, this will bake 16 bit by default
    2. Resave the tiff file as PSD (16 bit TIFFs don't work correctly in TB2)
    or
    Change from 16bit to 8bit in photshop, this will dither the map and should fix the issue, then you can use tga, png, etc.
  • iammalte
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iammalte interpolator
    @almighty_gir as *.tga

@EarthQuake

Thanks for your solution, it works well. Problem was really the file format tga from xnormal.

fixed.jpg

Thx
  • Bek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bek interpolator
    the slow loading bug is officially fixed
    Hell's horses. Excellent timing too.
  • seb3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seb3d polycounter lvl 11
    Hi,

i just updated and now i can´t drag and drop maps from the explorer into the material slots anymore. can anyone confirm this?
  • chris89
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    chris89 polycounter lvl 10
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seb3d wrote: »
    Hi,

i just updated and now i can´t drag and drop maps from the explorer into the material slots anymore. can anyone confirm this?

Try restarting Toolbag and see if the problem goes away.
  • Dancuka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dancuka polycounter lvl 3
    Hi, awesome update. The GGX and fixed local reflections make a clear difference. Did a new render with my PrisonBlock-scene with the new update. Here is a small gif to show the difference. Quality is bad ofc but gets the point through. I changed nothing in the scene besides updating to 2.05. Thanks for your hard work! http://makeagif.com/i/IacEkr
  • Elod.H
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Elod.H polycounter lvl 11
    Heello,

Might be somewhat stupid question, but can anyone tell me how I could hide the icon of a Light for example? I am lighting a surface with lights placed really close to it, but the icons are blocking the area. I need to create an image capture in order to see the results.

Thanks!

Solved: View -> Show Guides (CTRL + U) . Thanks :)
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    2.05 feature video time!
    [vv]101442486[/vv]
  • NeonMonkey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NeonMonkey polycounter lvl 6
    Hey guys,

I'm fairly new to Marmoset Toolbag 2 but I've put a couple of props together and got them looking great with no real issues, however I hit a roadblock with this one...

I have a simple slab of carved rock. Made the low res mesh in 3ds max and the high res on Zbrush. No problems when baking, normal map looks clean, however when implementing into TB2 I get these nasty artifacts, flipped normals, a diagonal division of normals, strange stuff. (see image)

I've done the usual trial and error process to find the culprit, everything except for starting a new low res mesh from scratch.

Things I've already done which yielded no results...

- Verified single smoothing group on the low res mesh, all verts welded, reset x forms, etc.
    - Chamfered my low res mesh more to be more bake-friendly (even though my normal map look fine).
    - Used xNormal to bake normals (both as .tga and .tiff) to make sure this wasn't a max baking issue or a bit-depth precision issue.

Of note...

There are no overlapping UV shells for this mesh.

When applying the default TB2 material to this mesh, it looks as smooth as it should, meaning I don't think the issue is with the low res mesh.

When applying a different normal map I also don't see the ugly artifacts so that leads me to believe that the normal map is at fault.

When brought into Unreal 4 before and after a light bake the mesh looks correct.

Oddly enough I did see improvement when cleaning up my second UV channel to have no overlaps. (I wasn't aware that TB2 even cared about second UV channels). but the issue is still present.

Next I'll probably try to create a new low res mesh and avoid the triangles at the corners, keeping everything as quads and such, but it's odd because I've had numerous other meshes where I didn't do that and my results were exactly as intended. Thanks again guys, any help would be amazing!

MarmoNormalBug_zps1feb0994.jpg
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A few things to check
    1. Make sure you have "export normals" on in your export options if using OBJ
    2. Make sure you're using a file format that supports multiple uv channels, otherwise you might be exporting the wrong uv channel (this would be fairly obvious though)
    3. Set the tangent space to the app you baked in, in the mesh object properties. Seems like the latest FBX exporter has some serious issues with exporting busted tangent data (which we load by default if found in the file).
  • NeonMonkey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NeonMonkey polycounter lvl 6
    A few things to check
    1. Make sure you have "export normals" on in your export options if using OBJ
    2. Make sure you're using a file format that supports multiple uv channels, otherwise you might be exporting the wrong uv channel (this would be fairly obvious though)
    3. Set the tangent space to the app you baked in, in the mesh object properties. Seems like the latest FBX exporter has some serious issues with exporting busted tangent data (which we load by default if found in the file).

A thousand thank-yous sir! You led me in the right direction toward finding a solution.

In some of my models I get a warning when exporting my FBXs about turned edges, typically I ignore these because I see nothing out of the ordinary in my end results but in this case it lead me to investigate. After flipping edges, re-triangulating and all that good stuff I got it to not give me that error anymore...however I was still seeing the ugly stuff on my mesh in TB2 :poly118:

So I ended up exporting the mesh as an OBJ and voila!! Thanks for steering me in that direction! :)
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    throw an edit mesh modifier onto your object before exporting as an fbx. as long as you don't collapse the stack, it's a non destructive way of making sure it's exported with the proper triangulation.
  • barnesy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    barnesy polycounter lvl 9
    chair_error.jpg

For some reason all of the assets on the chairs texture sheet appear brighter and washed out despite the chair having a darker texture to the couch. I have tried setting up new materials, I even went as far as copying across all of the layers from the chair psd to the couch psd but it still came out bright and washed out :\

The assets on each texture sheet were exported in groups so I was wondering if has something to do with 3ds max being 3ds max and not doing things correctly?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated as it is driving me mad lol Thanks in advance!
  • Joopson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    Barnesy, within marmoset, look at the texture's settings and turn on sRGB.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson wrote: »
    Barnesy, within marmoset, look at the texture's settings and turn on sRGB.

Yeah that is a good suggestion, sometimes if you accidentally load your diffuse/albedo into the normal or gloss slot it will get tagged as linear space (sRGB off).

Also make sure your mesh wasn't accidentally duplicated(either in TB2 or your 3d app), otherwise it will render more brightly than other objects in your scene.
  • barnesy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    barnesy polycounter lvl 9
    Thank you very much guys! I had to go into the options and tick sRGB like you suggested :)
  • charlyxxx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    charlyxxx interpolator
    Cool! But I'm tested now with my monster =)

render_marmoset.jpg

And how I can to remove this problem with DOF? Do you know?

db614-clip-251kb.jpg?nocache=1

Default material with DOF

02a51-clip-247kb.jpg?nocache=1

Glass and Blood with Dof is good:

4828c-clip-293kb.jpg?nocache=1

Best regards, Andrew.
  • Swizzle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Swizzle polycounter lvl 15
    You're getting that because you have additive transparency turned on for that part. Additive doesn't play well with depth of field.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Swizzle wrote: »
    You're getting that because you have additive transparency turned on for that part. Additive doesn't play well with depth of field.

Yes, unfortunately this is true. This is a technical limitation, its difficult to render additive materials into the depth buffer which the DOF effect relies on. For the blood here you could try making the inner mesh a solid material, but you'll still see DOF errors on the drool and things like that.
  • CrazyButcher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CrazyButcher polycounter lvl 18
    maybe you could add a material flag that says blended materials should write to depth for final depth-fx. So you render them without depth-write for the color, but then again with depth-write on for the depth-buffer (if flag is set?). "treat as solid", or so.
  • charlyxxx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    charlyxxx interpolator
    maybe you could add a material flag that says blended materials should write to depth for final depth-fx. So you render them without depth-write for the color, but then again with depth-write on for the depth-buffer (if flag is set?). "treat as solid", or so.

Thank you!

Just do not understand how to do it? I'm not programmer =))
  • charlyxxx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    charlyxxx interpolator
    Yes, unfortunately this is true. This is a technical limitation, its difficult to render additive materials into the depth buffer which the DOF effect relies on. For the blood here you could try making the inner mesh a solid material, but you'll still see DOF errors on the drool and things like that.

Thank you. Will be corrected in future versions?