Home General Discussion

BOOOORDERLANNDSS!!

Replies

• Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Isaiah Sherman polycounter lvl 14
    The 4-pack purchase is a freakin' steal. This game is $50 retail and only $34 per person for the four pack. It made me very happy :)
  • oalexis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm very excited for this game as well :D
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    I like the game it seems like a good idea, I need to find 3 people to play it with really and I only really have a few friends locally that play pc games and they might not get this.

I really hope they get the leveling/ balancing of combat right, I dont want to shoot the same dude 20 times. personally I think rpg/leveling games should have difficulty that comes in waves.

For example you'r level 5 you fight bad guys and its a bit difficult but then you complete a quest and get some cool stuff and level up to 6 and things get a lot easier(REWARD! woohoo) then things start to get more difficult again as you progress towards leveling up to level 7. Too many games miss that reward part! :(
  • Yozora
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yozora polycounter lvl 11
    I never buy brand new releases on steam because their prices are way above places like play.com/gameplay.co.uk. And those online shops give you the box and stuff (which I like to collect :()

The steam 4-pack deal only makes the price equal to the online shop price so its not really a bargain at all.

Steam is still very good for buying indie games and older games though.

Anyway to stay on topic, borderlands doesnt really interest me. The art style is cool, coop is fun, but PvE typically gets boring quite fast for me.
  • tanka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tanka polycounter lvl 12
    The steam 4-pack is an absolute steal here in Australia. The game will probably retail for about $90AU, but thanks to steam's bundle and the high aussie dollar, it'd end up costing less than $150AU for 4 copies of the game.. Divide that by 4 people and you end up paying about $35-40 each.

I'm probably going to be getting it on 360 though, as I already made plans to play with my little bro.
  • dejawolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dejawolf polycounter lvl 18
    Ged wrote: »
    I like the game it seems like a good idea, I need to find 3 people to play it with really and I only really have a few friends locally that play pc games and they might not get this.

I really hope they get the leveling/ balancing of combat right, I dont want to shoot the same dude 20 times. personally I think rpg/leveling games should have difficulty that comes in waves.

For example you'r level 5 you fight bad guys and its a bit difficult but then you complete a quest and get some cool stuff and level up to 6 and things get a lot easier(REWARD! woohoo) then things start to get more difficult again as you progress towards leveling up to level 7. Too many games miss that reward part! :(

mount and blade.
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mount and Blade was a painful game to watch people play.
  • crazyfingers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfingers polycounter lvl 10
    Haiasi wrote: »
    Mount and Blade was a painful game to watch people play.

That some kind of rape simulator?
  • Havok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Havok polycounter lvl 14
    That some kind of rape simulator?

Ahem...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RapeLay

Borderlands does look pretty cool, I wanna get Modern Warfare 2 first, though. Money is really the only reason for that. Anyone willing to spare one of their four Borderland copies? :D
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mount and Blade was an indie mod on Source (I believe) where you have a horse and go fight people on a battlefield.

And that RapeLay game is disturbing :S
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    dejawolf wrote: »
    mount and blade.

I have heard of that game, is it really that good?
  • Wahlgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wahlgren polycounter lvl 17
    Brutally awesome in fact
  • claydough
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    claydough polycounter lvl 10
    :thumbup: Jes Finished it...
    It was Epic. I got Rust and sand on my brain. It's a beautifully littered landscape!

Happiness is coming out of a phasewalk and having it's corrosive blast melt everyone around u. :poly114: