• konstruct
    Offline / Send Message
    konstruct polycounter lvl 18
    yep, I have a new desktop too
  • jouste
    Offline / Send Message
    jouste polycounter lvl 14
    @man-o-mule:
    sweeeet. thanks alot man! glad i could help out your bg!

@konstruct:
    man i'm on some kind of roll! thanks alot.

so i did up another one cause they only take about 40 minutes. and i want to keep both my threads updated with new stuff. so here's another unlockable character, the peasant! wielding his trusty fishing rod and using the item snagging cardinal as his pet.

thanks again behemoth! /salute

CC_peasant.jpg
  • InProgress
    Offline / Send Message
    InProgress polycounter lvl 14
    Wrath of the peasants :D You got some great stuff in here. I like your style.
  • jouste
    Offline / Send Message
    @inprogress:
    thanks for the style appreciation!

not much new but decided to post the other two bits of CC fan art i did up. here's the fencer character with the froglette pet, and the brute character, wielding a meat tenderizer and using hawkster as his animal orb!

CC_fencer.jpg

CC_brute.jpg
  • JesterBox
    Offline / Send Message
    JesterBox polycounter lvl 18
    Why are all your awesome drawings and stories not some kind of thing I can cram into my Xbox and play?
  • jouste
    Offline / Send Message
    @ jesterbox:
    thanks for the compliment man, and i'm not sure why we don't have idea-cram technology yet. i think there will be an influx of greater ideas in games when big guys realize we don't need anymore space marines and special forces and could use some wackiness once in a while.

so sectuars did me up some sweet fan art of my starsquatch that was really awesome. thanks so much sectuars! in response i did up his awesome desert derp! hopefully i have done your awesome creature justice sectuars. i look forward too some more character trades in the future.

so here's some desert derp fan art. inspired by sectuars.

SEC_derp.jpg
  • jouste
    Offline / Send Message
    can't seem to stop doing castle crasher fan art. so here's another set i did up. and don't worry... i'm seeking help as i type.

so here's the stove face guy, with a bomb and snoot the elephant, and the fire demon with the install-ball from alien hominid

CC_stoveface_sm.jpg
    CC_demon_sm.jpg
  • Wells
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    ha. the derp is awesome!
    <3
  • EricElwell
    Offline / Send Message
    EricElwell insane polycounter
    eggzelent eggzelent!

again... inspiring.. love the imps a page or two back!
  • Japhir
    Offline / Send Message
    Japhir polycounter lvl 16
    yay! you make art, you make happy :D
  • wizo
    Offline / Send Message
    wizo polycounter lvl 17
    the original derp and remake derp remake are very cool,well done!
  • Slum
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    Hey dude, Dan Paladin posted your stuff on The Behemoths devblog. Nice! :)

http://devblog.thebehemoth.com/
  • jouste
    Offline / Send Message
    @sectaurs:
    excellent! good to know i did the derp justice! thanks for the fan art of the starsquatch!

@ericelwell:
    awesome! i'm glad the imps keep getting props, they got so much attention i used them for my UC challenge avatar.

@japhir:
    yes! good too hear from you japh!

@wizo:
    thanks for the compliment wizo, we should do up a character swap sometimes soon! any favorites?

@slum:
    hey man thanks for noticing! yeah i was beyond stoked when i saw that. thanks for dropping by with the info!

so it has been a bit more of some cc fanart between my uc challenge stuff. gotta get back at the the old drawing board and wrap up the model sheets and first rough pass of the three final images.

so without further ado heres some of the stuff i fanarted up in the behemoth forums. more castle crasher character homages!

the bear!

CC_bear_sm.jpg

the necromancer!
    CC_necro_sm.jpg

ninja!
    CC_ninjer_sm.jpg

skeleton!
    CC_skel_sm.jpg

iceskimo!
    CC_iceskimo_sm.jpg

snakey!
    CC_snakey_sm.jpg

the industrialist!
    CC_industrialist.jpg

the killer bee-keeper!
    CC_beekeep_sm.jpg
  • Rens
    Damn... your art is fckn pimp!

Every piece, over and over again has so much character!
  • Slingshot
    Offline / Send Message
    Slingshot polycounter lvl 17
    Man it's been a while since I've been on here. The skeleton guy is worth modeling and the bee throwing dude is sweet. Missed the sketchbook Jouste! Keep the drawings coming!
  • konstruct
    Offline / Send Message
    ur an animal man. dont know you find the time-
  • Slingshot
    Offline / Send Message
    He has a magical intuos pen that slows time and space so he can drawl, that's just how Jouste rolls.
    The people demand more eye candyz...
  • jouste
    Offline / Send Message
    @rens:
    thanks dude! i do strain for the character when i do up those guys.

@slingshot:
    always good to hear from you slinger. good to hear that these guys are well received.

@konstruct:
    thanks for the comments man, and you must know how to find time, i've been checking out your sketchbook and its looking great. keep up the good work.

so it has been a bit but here's some stuff! first off its a mounted warrior guy (much like my pigasus rider from way back) on top of a catfish mounting lizard. the lizard has landed on a fairy nest and killed a bunch of them. the fairy matriarch is scolding the clumsy beast for his klutzyness. and again the rider is wielding an ugly-stick.

catfisher.jpg

and heres some more crasher fan art!
    the royal guard and his giraffe sidekick:
    CC_royalg.jpg

and the dreaded thief with meowburt ready to snag your bags of gold and credit cards!
    CC_thief.jpg
  • Michael Knubben
    Wow, you've got some pretty dynamic, imaginative work in here. Wonderful stuff!

Just to make you jealous: Dan once joined a OpenCanvas session between a friend and me. At that point, we just stopped doodling and let him go crazy. It was fantastic to see how quickly he bangs out these superb creatures, absolutely fantastic.
  • Josh_Singh
    Offline / Send Message
    Josh_Singh polycounter lvl 18
    this thread is absolutely kick ass! I love your characters!
    Holy Crap, on a side note, me and mightypea have the exact same post count! Make a wish!
  • Michael Knubben
    You ruined it now! Oh, wait...
  • Japhir
    Offline / Send Message
    awesome mounted character, love the expression on the animal's face. the giraffe and kitty are very cute :D.
    you should make something like a video tutorial, or just a little video of you doing your shit. would be inspiring to see how you start/add details/come up with stuff etc.
    always looking forward to updates!
  • Slingshot
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Jouste, I have to say that character riding the lizard is one of my top 5 favorites out of all your sketches so far.

The giraffe one freaked me out at first tho, I thought the guy had cut a giraffe's head until I saw the stumpy feet, looks good tho.
  • b1ll
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    YES STYLE. WE SHOULD WORK TOGETHER!

I DIG!
  • spacemonkey
    Offline / Send Message
    spacemonkey polycounter lvl 18
  • sub_roland
    Offline / Send Message
    sub_roland polycounter lvl 12
    damn you jouste. I had to make a separate folder in my inspiration folder for all your crap. seriously though, awesome stuff. Love it all
  • jouste
    Offline / Send Message
    @mightypea: that's an awesome story about you and dan p. totally jealous! thanks for checking out my stuff.

@josh_singh: thanks for the boost! and man is that ever crazy about the post count...

@japhir: yeah i've been looking into doing that kinda of stuff. my favorite thing to do is draw in front of people and incorporate thier ideas realtime so i think a video tutorial or "jam session" would be alot of fun to do. thanks for the comments.

@slingshot: top five? good to hear man. and yeah the animals are a little strange in appearance for anybody who hasn't played the game. they are these little orb-like animals that float around beside you and grant bonuses.

@b1ll: of course we should work together! lets get something going man, i love your characters. any ideas?

@spacemonkey: thanks for the boost!

@sub-roland: thanks for the comments, i always have aspired to have my own folder. the idea that i'm helping you get inspired is realy super awesome.

so here is a scaaary hellephant and his doom-rider. the helephant has twisted off the head of some poor bastard and is totally gonna shove it into its maw with its sinister dual trunks. this is a quick one i did over lunch.

hellephant.jpg

and why the hell not post more castle crasher fan art?

here's the conehead character with spiny the lizard and the lightsaber weapon. here he's using his arrow magic.

CC_conehead.jpg

and here's a fun one i did of the princess character. she never really fights or anythign so i made her wielding the morning star. the animal orb is the ever-helpful "mr.buddy" who helps you dig faster in the game

CC_princess01.jpg

and how about the evil cultist character? (assumed to be coming up in the next downloadable content) wielding the crit-club and flinging his dark magic. he's also got the troll as his pet.

CC_cultist.jpg
  • Jaco
    Offline / Send Message
    Jaco polycounter lvl 17
    Just awesome. Mr.Buddy made my day
  • jouste
    Offline / Send Message
    @jaco: glad to hear mr. buddy made your day! always good to hear from you dude.

so here's one of the bosses in castle crashers. the cyclops boss with his bad ass knife. for those of you who haven't seen the boss yet or who *gasp* don't own the cool game yet here's a shot of him.
    http://castlecrashers.steam-punk.net/uploads/Enemies/cyclopsa.JPG

i took quite a few liberties on this guy as well but overall he was a blast to draw. the cyclops is easily one of my favorite bosses in the game. it took me back to when rocksteady came out and kicked the crap out of me in TMNT arcade.

CC_cyclops.jpg
  • konstruct
    Offline / Send Message
    AWESOME dude, this is quite the under taking. now you have to do all the bosses!!
  • Hellmouth
    Offline / Send Message
    Hellmouth polycounter lvl 11
    You've probably gotten tired of reading this, but this thread has such original and fun ideas I just could not not post. :) I especially liked your alien species a few pages back, they're hell awesome. Keep it up. :thumbup:
  • jouste
    Offline / Send Message
    @konstruct:
    that's not a problem. i think i'm up to something like 20 pieces of fan art so far. a few bosses shouldn't be too big of a deal. thanks for the boost man.

@hellmouth:
    always great to hear from someone with good taste! ;P. yeah i think the perpetuals are a pretty neat idea as well. thanks alot for the feedback. whenever i see that an older idea gets some resonance i tend to revisit the idea and make it alot better. thanks!

so here's goober the mucusy mount and his rider the red-knight.

goober secretes a gross mucusy substance whenever he's nervous which makes him super great at running away from chasing foes. the mucus is really sticky and really gross, in the image we can see that goober has mucus-ed all over a snake and a cactus. the snake is totally grossed out and not impressed at all.

the redknight (forever hating the blue knight) is weilding a totally badass tomahawk with green feathers. this tomahawk is so sharp it cuts the amount of usual text in my posts by 50%!!!

mounted_02.jpg
  • Japhir
    Offline / Send Message
    jouste wrote: ยป
    this tomahawk is so sharp it cuts the amount of usual text in my posts by 50%!!!

haha

very very cool mount! love the gooey stuff and the weird head. the snail-like armor on the back is amazing. stories make it even cooler. looking forward to (even) more!
  • wizo
    Offline / Send Message
    wizo polycounter lvl 17
    Hey Jouste I just finished castle crashers on easy, and seeing some of the stuff you pimp out made me wish they hired you for a sequel. Seriously the amount of coolness here is overwhelming... that last guy is super pimp!
  • lgetstickedl
    wow i have been looking at your castle crashers art for like 3 weeks and i decided to make an account today just to say i love your work , its amazing and i hope that you draw the 4 main knights (especially the green knight)
  • Slingshot
    Offline / Send Message
    Nice pic's Jouste, How about hooking your sketchbook viewers up with some holiday wallpaper eye candy to slap on our desktops, if you have time :) Halloween vs. Thanksgiving theme? Either way keep the digital ink flowing!
  • Wells
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    lookie what I found over at the Behemoth Store.

ninja_T_Z_500.jpg

AWESOME
  • Marak
    Love your work man. Especially Tentaclese from a couple of pages back. The light around the torch is great. Also love your backgrounds, they really give life to the pics and help the characters to stand out.

Keep it up! :)
  • jouste
    Offline / Send Message
    @japhir:
    thanks for the boost man! glad to hear your looking forward to more cause i'm down for making more.

@wizo:
    thanks for the comments man! yes i am a huge fan of those guys at behemoth, a chance to work on a sequel in any respect would be the biggest honor ever. and let's do up that character swap, i'm digging your goat rider guy that's a shrew man or something. so lets get it on.

@IgetstickedI:
    welcome to the forums man, hope you enjoy your stay! and i'll tell you what i told the other dudes at the behemoth forum, the original knights come last :)

@slingshot:
    i guess it'll have to be a thanksgiving one, i'm a little late for the old halloween background. i'll see what i can do. thanks for dropping by man, always good to hear from you.

@sectaurs:
    yes!! thanks for noticing the shirt dude! yeah they asked for a picture from me and it was super cool to oblige! here's the link for a better look at the pic that made er on the shirt!
    http://www.thebehemoth.com/store/
    just click apparel and men's and take a gander!
    man sectaurs are you ever on the ball.

@marak:
    yes! a fan of tentaclese! its kind of funny, my friend made up that name and i wrote a song about him called "behold the wrath of tentaclese", it was awful and my friend will never forgive me for it...

so here's pinchy the demonic robot. he used to be a simple broken robot, until dr. demon got a hold of him and repaired him using demon parts! the fool! what was he thinking!!!

now pinchy patrols the wastelands on his floating rock mobile, trying to find some semblance of direction. too demonic to to hang out with robots, too robotic to hang out with demons. i swear if this story was any more compelling i'd have a brain aneurysm.

pinchy.jpg
  • jouste
    Offline / Send Message
    hey all! so i loved wizo's "foxydude" goat rider guy on his sketchthread:

V
    pictured here
    V
    http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l175/wizo5454/FoxyDude.jpg

so i did one quickly over lunch, hopefully it does the original justice. it was one of my favorites of his works and hopefully we can get more sketch trading done in the future.

so here goes, my own quick version of the foxy dude, a little more aggressive than the original.

wizo01.jpg
  • InProgress
    Offline / Send Message
    InProgress polycounter lvl 14
    MOAR! MOAR, I SAY! Awesome work. You never disappoint.
  • jouste
    Offline / Send Message
    @inprogress: thanks dude! i shall continue to make more!

so here's fingers the hexecutioner! a mean demonic monstrous warrior who wields the dreaded "axe of lousy reincarnationing". yes being slayed by this awful axe will get you reincarnated as something really crummy. take for example those two poor mouse bastards being trampled on, they used to be totally bad assed dudes and now they are trapped in the forms of vermin.

this is because fingers is such a jerk he feels the need to kill you a few times over.

fingers is also sporting the ever-stylish necklace of soft-rock artist skulls and runed face plate of bad-assery. he's also called fingers cause he accessorizes with fingers from his victims.

hexecutioner.jpg
  • Japhir
    Offline / Send Message
    the rune face adds tons of bad-assery. love the expression of the poor mouse ;).

keep it up man! still looking forward to a video capture if you have time ;).
  • Wells
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    +1 on vid capture.

i want to watch you
  • wizo
    Offline / Send Message
    wizo polycounter lvl 17
    haha Jouste! Im very pleased with the revamp, the goat's expression is priceless!! its insane that you made that on lunchtime..... do you have like 3 hours to eat ?!? talented bastard... :)

Loving your stuff as always.
    Il be doing a remake of hexecutionner, its written badass all over him.
  • jouste
    Offline / Send Message
    @japhir: thanks! i'm organizing something so hopefully i'll have to show soon.

@sectaurs: duly noted my friend glad there's some more interest :}

@wizo: haha nope i wrapped that image up in the standard lunch time minus the sandwich to mouth cramming. (45mins). and i saw your remake of the hexecutioner and i'll boost your thread after i finish posting this one.

i'll say it here and i'll say it again over there. fan-freaking-tastic work you magnificant bastard.

so not alot of time over lunch so i tried a flatter color approach.

here's the rocketdeer: a member of a highly organised race of engineering space-deer. due to thier lack of appendages they have built "helmets of handling" to build thier rockets, pick thier noses, and drink excessivley.

they also have an alarming amount of eyeballs for a standard space deer; this is mostly due to his relations with the atomic hookers of k'lagnok 5.

these habits along with the excessive drinking scored a sponsorship from polycount...

rocketdeer.jpg
  • Slingshot
    Offline / Send Message
    Apace-deer: excessive drinking + Rocket strapped to back = Well constructed idea, I approve.
  • adam
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    I've often had the chance to watch jouste draw. Hypnotic, to say the least. He's not lying about that 45 minutes of magic bullshit either.

Fucking guy. #1.
  • xysdf
    Offline / Send Message
    xysdf polycounter lvl 11
    I'm always amazed about your stuff jouste! personally i never really went to that comic style, some tries for shure but i found it really hard to get something nice on a paper. I love the dynamic/flow you get and for shure the stories of your guys - keep up the nice work, ya rock tha style!
  • jouste
    Offline / Send Message
    slingshot: excellent, glad to hear you're approving dude. although it's kind of a cop-out on my part; that equation is a very safe bet.

adamBrome: great to hear from you brome. looks like you've been drinking and posting again what with all these compliments, i appreciate them as always.

xysdf: thanks for the boost! and about the comic style. i read piles and piles of them growing up and to this day so it kind of implanted itself into me. most of my favorite artists are in the funny books anyways so go with what you know i guess.

so its been far too long but here's tug the green-hide monster! tug is a green-backed thicker beast. perfect for riding, flattening, and mounting harpoon canons onto.

the rider is another red-faction knight who specializes in "pulling", the ancient art of hitting a target with a harpoon and "pulling" large chunks of meat off them as well as slowing them down.

tug is also outfitted with a winch on his rump-side for rapid recovery of a harpooned enemy or mount-bits. mounting things to a thicker beast is a snap; the rider simply jams the sharp mounting prongs deep into the animal and the heavy flesh quickly heals over the wound solid, creating a very sturdy emplacement.

there is also a black bat beetle hovering slightly in front of tug, hypnotised by his vibrant tongue and beady eyes. the main problem with mounted combat is that usually the more powerful mounts (like our durable tug here) tend to have inate habitual problems, like eating riders or becoming easily distracted when a hovering morsel is present.

tug.jpg