Home Unity Store

Hard Surface Texturing tool for Unity

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post on the forum, so if it's in the wrong place please let me know and I can move it.

For the past 6 weeks or so, I have been plugging away at my latest Editor Extension for the Asset Store. I am making a hard surface texturing tool for use directly in Unity. Necessity being the mother of invention, I was frustrated that there were not that many texturing packages available for Mac and that did not REQUIRE photoshop. So I took it upon myself to create a new way of texture compositing directly in Unity. I'm still probably about another month away from publishing the initial release, but I thought that there may be some interest here for it.

It works like a node based editor where you drag and drop effect around on the screen and build a chain of effect in the order that you want them applied to a given color map. If you have worked with dDo this tool will seem quite familiar to you.

Currently I support outputs of:
Diffuse, Specular, Normal and Transparency and am working on HRD and IBL processing as well.

I am completely open to feedback of any kind on the tool.
Please note that many of the images and brushes I'm using are samples gathered from the internet and will not be used in the commercial release.

Here are some screenshots of the tool.
GUI_1.jpg

GUI_Mini.jpg

Render1.jpg

Render2.jpg

Replies