Home Unreal Engine

How do you freeze transormations in Unreal 4?

takquarus
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
takquarus polycounter lvl 5
I am trying to complete a turntable matinee in Unreal 4. I have exported all objects to maya to make an animation and re imported them back in. Every thing works fine, but for some reason, whenever i play the animation, the piano i have clips half way through the pedestal mesh. When i am not in matinee, everything is fine. I assume it has to do with object transforms needing to be frozen in the UE4 editor, but I can't find any option to do so. Any help?

Replies

• alfalfasprossen
    there is no transformation freezing as in maya. how does the "clips half way through the pedestal" look like? is it animated? if so, are your imported animations correct? if not, is it only z-fighting, is your scale too small?
  • nfrrtycmplx
    Offline / Send Message
    nfrrtycmplx polycounter lvl 18
    If static mesh:
    it's likely that you accidentally set the first key of the object to be translated down on the z axis.

if skeletal mesh:
    If it's a skeletal mesh, make sure the root is placed at the bottom/center of the object.
  • nfrrtycmplx
    Offline / Send Message
    nfrrtycmplx polycounter lvl 18
    also, if you're doing a turn table animation on static objects, you would be better served creating a blueprint from all the selected objects: parenting those components to the object you want them to rotate on/around then add rotation to the thing every tick (or interpolate to a new rotation every frame).