Home Quixel Megascans

Quixel SUITE | Suggestions

Replies

• Shanteez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shanteez polycounter lvl 5
    It exist already. It was shown in the latest tutorial. I think you hold ctrl or something like that ... Somebody CHIME in
  • teddybergsman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Osakerkeo: This exists, as Shanteez points out. Hold Alt when interacting with any slider, text box or button, and 3DO will be completely bypassed.

- Teddy
  • rls76
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The ability to save a new version instead of saving over the original would be great.

Also the ability to have a rotate texture slider for the pattens
  • Avis Para.doc's
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Avis Para.doc's polycounter lvl 9
    1st suggestion. Don't really know how a new feature of seam termination will work in final release but i think it will be great to have an alternative to insert value of edge padding in project sart or adjust it on the fly in current mask in Dynamask, something like "tightness" slider.

2nd suggestion. It would be cool to mix some more materials (maybe one more slot) in dynamask. 2 slots for texture sometimes not enough. For that solution i created some materials with different textures in albedo/spec/gloss/hight/opacity slots and apply two or three of them in second texture slot of dynamask. Problem with that is some times i need to recreate some of my "pattern" materials with other textures (which i can't create in 1.6 and 1.7 hope you saw it in my thread).

3rd suggestion. Button to delete a material from mat library. Delete a preview and mat file is not such big deal but find a correct pattern to delete from huge folder is little more competitive. And I think i lose some more files to delete with material

Thanks for hardworking, guys!
  • Bek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bek interpolator
    Could there be some toggle to have 3DO function only as a colour id picker (like when holding c)? So if I'm using tb2 or any other viewer — not necessarily in cross app mode — 3do doesn't even bother loading the textures? Might speed things up slightly.
  • Luke003
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Luke003 polycounter lvl 8
    I did a search and didn't see anyone else mention it, but I think it would be useful if there was an input map slot for the UV wireframe, and a toggle that turns it on and off.
  • Lt_Commander
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lt_Commander polycounter lvl 10
    As a suggestion: An alternate way to find the UV islands without edge padding issues might be to force a UVmap input from the user. I know in max, the standard UV output gives you a white wireframe with green for the edges, it might be possible to make the seam correction a little smarter by getting cues from the UVs combined with the reserve color of black on the IDmap

Not sure how you're doing it now, but it'd play a little like:
    if black, define as null area until hit IDcolor, continue into IDcolor until UV green is hit, then define second hit as IDcolor edge.
  • final_fight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    final_fight polycounter lvl 9
    Suggestion (guess, I'm not the first): Brightness values for each curvature mask stages. Right now it looks like that we are only able to control how Sharp/Fine/Soft/etc propagates/contracts.
  • Ramrok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Suggestions:

1. Save Profile Options (such as Output Maps, Texel Density, etc.) - tedious to start a new project and having to deselect the maps I dont want and change the Texel Density every time
    2. Improved Object Pivot/Rotation capabilities of the model in 3DO - it should recognize where the object is and its general size and pivot in the center of it as you rotate it and look around, instead of pivot somewhere off in space and awkwardly rotate and drag around.
    3. Shortcut 'F' should also work off of this improvised pivot to find its center and show that in... it's ok as it is now, but it could be better.
    4. Allow ESC functionality for when loading a project or creating base in case you, for example, forgot to check off some Output Maps or correct the Texel Density or something like that... ESC should cancel the entire operation and revert back, instead of stopping midway.
    5. A possible implementation of Gradient Maps to be created based on 3DO and where the light is located. ie: if you position the light at the top of the model, where the light shines would be considered the high and the dark shadow area would be the low area... a quick way for you to be able to adjust and create the Gradient Output Map. OR a separate lighting feature in 3DO for Gradient Map that when moved, would update the textures based on its new position.
    6. A new Mask feature that contours the edges of the selected Color ID and not based on the Normal/Curvature. (If this is already implemented, I did not see it)

EDIT: 7. Also 3DO settings should save between projects so that you dont have to turn off AO and Glow and reduce Spec on every new project if you know you won't be using them for preview.
  • Slave_zero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slave_zero polycounter lvl 8
    I don't know, I'm not happy how the update process of the suit works:

Why is the anoying downloader always on top? I want to continue working on all my monitors while the new version downloads. Please fix this. It is annoying.

Second, when an update fails for what ever reason, There seems to be no option to have the updater check for an already downloaded update file. Instead it is always starting a fresh download.

Now to some suggestions:

1. I am with oskarkeo: I knew there was a function to disable visual updates. But wasn't able to find it. Maybe it would be a nice idea to to have a check box to disable updates in case you have to quickly do various tweaks, instead of having to hold alt all the time.

2. I would love to see 3DO to have the option for automatic mesh-updates and the option to quickly load different meshes into the viewer. Maybe I'm missing something here, but forcing a mesh reload was only possible by recreating the whole project. switching mehses would be dreat when you work on testures that are shared by various assets.
  • LittleCatMan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Any chance that future versions of Quixel SUITE won't require the re-activation of each product after each update? Wouldn't be so bad if it didn't require you to also de-activate the products before re-activation. Turns what should probably just be a quick update into a whole to-do which is kind of a drag.
  • XemnasKH
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I have a suggestion for you guys Teddy. Maybe with the new updates when you add new smart materials or materials that you could maybe indicate which ones are new. Because when I see that there have been new materials added that its hard for me to know which ones are new.
  • MmAaXx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MmAaXx polycounter lvl 10
    +1 for the possibility to rotate the patterns.
  • Kosai106
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kosai106 polycounter lvl 13
    MmAaXx wrote: »
    +1 for the possibility to rotate the patterns.

Yes please.

Also, perhaps add a checkbox to AO generation in nDo that makes it output a black/white AO instead of a coloured one? I mean, it's not a lot of work to add a B/W adjustment layer myself, it's just tedious when nDo should be able to do that for me. :)
  • Elod.H
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Elod.H polycounter lvl 11
    Hello,

If I would be able to paint my masks (edit them) in 3DO onto my mesh, I don't think I will ever use anything else besides Quixel Suite :) . Basically, painting masks in 3D (O) .
  • Shanteez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shanteez polycounter lvl 5
    You can paint directly on your mesh in Photoshop 3D
  • Elod.H
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Elod.H polycounter lvl 11
    Shanteez: yes, indeed you can. I was thinking about an implementation of this feature into the QUIXEL workflow so it would result in a much smoother and controllable pipeline.
  • chris6666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It would be great to be able to change the environment cubemaps like in Toolbag 2. Currently it's really hard to find a good match when using envs in other engines.

Other suggestion : when env maps are disabled, there are lights in the scene but we have no control on them. It would be nice to be able (at least) to change the number of them. It's easier to match a lighting model with one light before switching to the full environment lighting.

Thanks for the great Quixel tools !
  • boumay
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    boumay polycounter lvl 6
    I don't what going on but every time I launch quixel suite, it brings the update window with the last 1.8 update to download, eventhough I downloaded it and installed it successfully 2 or 3 times already.
    Any suggestion?
  • Gordon Robb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gordon Robb polycounter lvl 2
    Me too. I now do not have a working programme.
  • Luki
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Luki polycounter lvl 3
    Have you considered, or maybe it was already suggested, to use layers from psd as IDs? It would be very useful with organic stuff when you need smooth transitions between materials, like for example palm and back of hand. Maybe it would be possible to even use layers names as ID too?
    Current method doesn't work very well with blurred ID maps unfortunately.
  • jnz
  • narticus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    narticus polycounter lvl 7
    Adding a license transfer system, similar to Marmoset Toolbag, would be great. I switch between my laptop and desktop quite often, and I'd love to be able to use Quixel Suite on both without the hassle of deactivating it on one, then reactivating it on the other, via the website.

Toolbag's version is quite simplistic. Whenever I startup Toolbag on my un-licensed machine, Marmoset sends me an email with a link to transfer the license to said machine. Very quick and easy. Something like this would be great!

Oh also, texture rotation.
  • OutOfMyMind
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OutOfMyMind polycounter lvl 5
    Since 1.9 is incoming, I wonder if we will have to pay for an upgrade to 2.0?
  • Gordon Robb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I hope not. I still think, while a lot of new things are appearing, there are still a fair amount of things need fixed.
  • Axiom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Like FBX import.

+30 to FBX import.
  • shadowscrawl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    XemnasKH wrote: »
    I have a suggestion for you guys Teddy. Maybe with the new updates when you add new smart materials or materials that you could maybe indicate which ones are new. Because when I see that there have been new materials added that its hard for me to know which ones are new.
    narticus wrote: »
    Adding a license transfer system, similar to Marmoset Toolbag, would be great. I switch between my laptop and desktop quite often, and I'd love to be able to use Quixel Suite on both without the hassle of deactivating it on one, then reactivating it on the other, via the website.

Toolbag's version is quite simplistic. Whenever I startup Toolbag on my un-licensed machine, Marmoset sends me an email with a link to transfer the license to said machine. Very quick and easy. Something like this would be great!

Oh also, texture rotation.

All of that^ And Also for myself I would like to see the return of a void material from the old Ddo. Sometimes I just want a deep black flat nothing through all maps (an example of this would be in a broken window)
  • Pedro Amorim
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Do you guys think that you could possibly release dynamask as a free standalone PS app for people that want to use in psd files that are created without ddo?
  • zacvrono
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zacvrono polycounter lvl 4
    I would like the ability to synch multiple dDo prjects with 3Do. Example: have two objets being previewed that each use thier own dDo textures, such as having a gun and an glove viewed at the same time each with thier own 1024 albedo, normal, and gloss.
  • MrNinjutsu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MrNinjutsu greentooth
    It'd be great if you could select mask from the new drop down menus next to the materials.

2014-12-04_09-14-39.png
  • oskarkeo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oskarkeo polycounter lvl 10
    Osakerkeo: This exists, as Shanteez points out. Hold Alt when interacting with any slider, text box or button, and 3DO will be completely bypassed.

- Teddy

Thanks for your reply Teddy.
    I was actually talking about the way photoshop updates.
    i'd prefer to be able to to pause the updates between photoshop and DDO. I don't have a problem with how 3DO updates.

oskar
  • OutOfMyMind
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OutOfMyMind polycounter lvl 5
    It would be sometimes useful to me to have an option in 3Do to change between perspective and orthographic view.
  • CKohl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CKohl polycounter lvl 10
    ^ That would probably also be useful for the upcoming ability to 3D paint in 3DO.
  • sziada
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sziada polycounter lvl 11
    make it so we don't have to triangulate the mesh to import into 3Do, its annoying.
  • SaboR1996
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SaboR1996 polycounter lvl 8
    sziada wrote: »
    make it so we don't have to triangulate the mesh to import into 3Do, its annoying.

Thats easier said then done, and whats annoying about selecting all verts and clicking connect? :D
  • Bek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bek interpolator
    Do you guys think that you could possibly release dynamask as a free standalone PS app for people that want to use in psd files that are created without ddo?
    That's a good idea. But do you mean with or without megascan content? Because the texture inputs load directly from megascans, so you could simplify them to request an external texture if you wanted a totally standalone tool. You'd also have to redo or remove the presets that use megascan textures if that's the case.
  • Steppenwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steppenwolf polycounter lvl 15
    I would love being able to customize the texture output names, especialy prefixes and suffixes and also use underscores in the names so i don't have to rename the files after every export in order to follow our internal naming conventions.
    sziada wrote: »

You have to triangulate the mesh anyway before baking. If anything serves as a reminder.
  • Bmurray
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    would be nice to be able to duplicate a group folder.

would also really like a way to rotate a material so that wood grain, bricks or any patterns could match UV's

If either of these are possible I haven't been able to figure it out.
  • lordsme
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lordsme polycounter lvl 8
    3DO UI options presets.

Everytime 3DO restarts (and happens quite ofter because of crashes) I need to reset the following fields, over and over, to match my render engine shaders setup:
    - Specular
    - Fresnel Reflections
    - Conserve Specular Energy
    - Conserve Diffuse Energy
    - HDR background

That would be great to have presets for these settings saved somewhere, and saved along with a DDO project!
  • bwithers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bwithers polycounter lvl 5
    lordsme wrote: »
    3DO UI options presets.

Everytime 3DO restarts (and happens quite ofter because of crashes) I need to reset the following fields, over and over, to match my render engine shaders setup:
    - Specular
    - Fresnel Reflections
    - Conserve Specular Energy
    - Conserve Diffuse Energy
    - HDR background

That would be great to have presets for these settings saved somewhere, and saved along with a DDO project!

I'll second that with a request for custom shaders - not everyone is using PBR or basic blinn/phong.
  • Adions
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Adions polycounter lvl 3
    Can DDO export shaders for Unity Skyshop? I exported with the "Skyshop & Toolbag 1" profile. The textures are there, but no shaders.
  • Axiom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just a friendly bump, the Unity 5 metalness preset doesn't seem to be outputting what Unity is looking for in the metallic map: Metallic (R) and Smoothness (A).
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Guys thank you so much for taking the time to post suggestions, it really really helps!!
  • BasicallyNormal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BasicallyNormal polycounter lvl 7
    The ability to use a color gradient instead of a single color for the reflectance value of materials would be awesome, to get a finer control over the color of different values.
  • borsch00
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    guys,i try to download NDO legacy from site,but archive is wrong,check it please.
    And i have one question,can i use ndo and ddo legacy for creating texture to my indie game?
  • Dave3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dave3d polycounter lvl 8

+1 to this, dynamask would be awesome to have to work along side a traditional photoshop workflow.
  • Hidama
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hidama polycounter lvl 4
    Dave3d wrote: »
    +1 to this, dynamask would be awesome to have to work along side a traditional photoshop workflow.

Yeah I agree too. Dynamask is the best part of dDo for me and having it as standalone would make it a permanent part of my texturing.
  • Gordon Robb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Can someone point me in the direction of some tutorial on what dynamask is and how to use it?
  • Shanteez
  • Gordon Robb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok, I'm a prat. I thought Dynamask was something different :) I thought it was the ability to paint custom masks. Sorry for my dumbness
This discussion has been closed.