TweaK polycounter lvl 6
First post - Latest update.

06_HatIngameTest.jpg

Replies

• TweaK
    Offline / Send Message
    TweaK polycounter lvl 6
    Hi there !

The most difficult part of the contest is certainly to choose a hero...:poly142:

So here's my first concept of Death Prophet who has just become a witch. A deadly witch.
    There's another idea too, wich is a spider witch who can fly. Yeah !

01_MainConcept.jpg

Here we go with the witch concept

01_WitchConcept.jpg

And the one for the spider idea

01_SpiderConcept.jpg

And also some earlier tests.

01_SpiderTests.jpg

01_WitchTests.jpg

I didn't joined the contest earlier, I hope I can manage to finish it anyway :)

So, C&C are very very welcome ! I'm not really sure wich one I must choose, and why. I must admit I prefer the witch, but both can be improved.

And since this is also my first post on the Polycount forum, thanks to this great community !
  • ACap
    Offline / Send Message
    ACap polycounter lvl 9
    Great concepts! Looks realy vivid. I like your hat idea, but do not forget about viewing angle - She can be completely lost under the wide hat and though I more like wide - i would use narrow version a1.
  • metaD
    A1 and A for the hat, but I repeat myself bro :P
  • zenmode
    Man, Death Prophet is getting a ton of good submissions. This looks excellent.
  • TweaK
    Offline / Send Message
    TweaK polycounter lvl 6
    Hi again !

I didn't had much time lately, but I'm back...

So first, thanks for your feedback ! It's really awesomely helpful.

I modified the previous concept, I kept the top from the witch, and made another attempt at making some kind of Spider Witch. I added thinner legs that end in wires.
    Also, I tried a quick preview from above to see if the hat wasn't disturbing too much. :poly105:
    To help players recognize she is Death Prophet, I added some holes in it, I think it fits the "death" theme enough !

02_SpiderWitch.jpg

I'm gonna start 3D model very soon, 'cuz there's not so much time left :poly122:

Comments and Criticism always very welcome, and thanks again for your great support !
  • TweaK
    Offline / Send Message
    TweaK polycounter lvl 6
    Here's an update of the concept. Probably last one :)

So the original idea evolved to a mantis ghost, and a 'deadly mantis' character. The name may change later anyway.

03_DeadlyMantis.jpg

Now, go for 3D and let's hope I can takle this in time, cuz it's going to be hard... :poly122:
  • TweaK
    Offline / Send Message
    TweaK polycounter lvl 6
    Hi there,

I started 3D modeling, tested import process and finally got everything working but the special effect using a scrolling texture...

(see attached tumbnail)

I don't know if it's possible to achieve this, does anyone know how ?

The original texture name don't have any "_color" suffix, so I suppose it needs some particular manipulation to make it work ingame, but I naively supposed that replacing the texture would keep the effect... :poly134:

Any help or advice is welcome !
  • TweaK
    Offline / Send Message
    TweaK polycounter lvl 6
    Hi again !

04_HatSculpt.jpg

I finally started sculpting, the hat is almost finished but I still need to add some "deadly" details, since I wanted some holes...

I tried to bake the normal map on a placeholder mesh, just to see how much details I will be able to get. Although there's some glitches, I'm quite happy with the result ^^

04_HatSculptTest.jpg

Next update soon...
  • TweaK
    Offline / Send Message
    TweaK polycounter lvl 6
    Little update,

05_HatSculpt.jpg

I modified the hat a little. Low poly, baking and texture tomorrow :)
    And ingame test, of course !
  • TweaK
    Offline / Send Message
    TweaK polycounter lvl 6
    As promised, here's an ingame preview of the hat !! :)

06_HatIngameTest.jpg

Textures are not definitive and I still have to make the LODs.

Next update very soon ! :)
  • TweaK
    Offline / Send Message
    TweaK polycounter lvl 6
    Hi again,

here's a small update :

08_WholeSculptUpdate2.jpg

Now it's time for low poly and baking and... so on :)
  • TweaK
    Offline / Send Message
    TweaK polycounter lvl 6
    Hi everyone,

Sadly I didn't had enough time to finish :(

Well, I guess for a first time I wasn't so far. Only a few more hours would have been enough, but too late ^^

Anyway, I will finish the set and hope you'll like it :)

Thanks for the contest !
  • Naso
    I really liked this set, submit it anyway, let see what happens!
  • Kaho
  • Kaho
  • Kaho
    Yeah submit this set anyway, I'm really looking forward in seeing this set come into completion.

It's sad that you didn't make it, but the good part is that you have all the time you need in enhancing your work, maybe refine the hat or add a hair or something, the choice is yours. :)
  • TweaK
    Offline / Send Message
    TweaK polycounter lvl 6
    Hi again !

Even if the deadline is passed, I updated the model. And since there's no more deadline, I remade the UVs of the hat, and finished textures.

09_TexturePreview.jpg

I tried to match the original color scheme, and I just realized that Valve updated the original one, now there's a reddish color :(

I also tried to skin and export, everything works fine, but I still have to finish the skinning.

So I will not submit this before the "judgment day". Too bad :poly132: :'(