Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

The Monthly HANDPAINT ArtJam | April 2015

Replies

• robirobes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @spacey it works! thanks a lot!

Great pretty cool Images!

Here is my Process with working 3dCoat :)

hase2_zpshzqmmldm.jpg

its with baked ground textures
  • fluor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fluor polycounter lvl 6
    Really like your concepts, @Odow!
    @robirobes looks good that rabbit! I think the colors are a bit muddy/greyish atm, though.
    @josfield love the colors of your concept * 0* super cute.

Finally got to start working on something too - so here's my little bunny (wip) :3 wanted to do something cute and simple.
    (so it's not really a evil boss or add, but I hope it's okay nonetheless :> )

ib3unQx.png
  • Heavingham
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    First time doing a Art Jam on the Polycount website, started this piece yesterday (on and off, sort of got a busy schedule). I thought I would share what I have done so far, can't wait to see how it all turns out.

Keep up the excellent work guys.

vieb8xE.jpg?1

*If there is a link to the image, I am sorry. I am still new and just getting the hang of how everything works.*
  • Odow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Odow polycounter lvl 8
    Host your picture on imgur then use the [img*]directurl here[/img*] (without *)

:D
  • Heavingham
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks @Odow, I've got it to work now.
  • Zephron
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Month was a little crazy so I'm starting late.

This is an Easter Basket, long forgotten, I imagine lying in the corner of the city once held by the exiled Easterans.

My main inspiration was Tida from Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles.

Concept:
    NBiovLA.png

Non-Tex Models:
    WAWexnB.png

C&C would be appreciated.
  • codyaq2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    codyaq2 greentooth
    That first rabbit is cute and cool as!
  • Odow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Odow polycounter lvl 8
    Can someone tell me where the hell april went ? ;_; I didn't realize the month was already almost over. Idc i'm going to do this even is april is over haha.
  • Mallaria
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mallaria polycounter lvl 4
    Hey guys!
    i've been working on that bunny for a week now, im really new to 3D, its my first organic model. I've been doing some simple models like barrels and crates, but i want to advance faster. My boyfriend helps me a lot with it, but this model im doing by myself, with some of his voiced correction, no interfering with model :P

Im getting there, i dont know if this thread have any tri restrictions? by now its around 2k tri. Its supposed to be some kind of crazy boss bunny, if i finish him faster,i shall do his weapon which going to be some kind of bazooka, which shoots with easter eggs and blows up :D or not! i don't know yet ^^

Hope you guys like and critique is highly welcome :)
    a8u7Beq.png
    ug8crpJ.jpg

I hope to finish him soon, and start my fav part, painting textures! :D
  • Gobliness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gobliness polycounter lvl 4
    7cKHxKF.jpg

Finally got some time to finish this up. Now to start on that shield~
  • air
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    air
    Odow: Thanks for the advice on the legs, your concepts are looking great!
    robirobes: Looks good so far but I liked the brighter robe.
    fluor: The colors you picked look really nice.
    Gobliness: I love how your weapon turned out. And your UV's look good, makes me wanna go back and fit mine better.

Here's where my model is so far. It has ~900 tris and a 2k map atm. I might go figure out how to make the eyes glow and add that to it.
    8uaAQen.jpg
  • Gobliness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    air: Thank you so much! You definitely can go back and re-pack them, you would have to scale what you've already painted to fit your new UVs but it shouldn't stretch the base paint you have too badly.
  • Mallaria
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    air: textures starting to looks nice, hes going to be one vicious bunny :D
    Gobliness: Mace looks faabolous! :D
  • robirobes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    some coloring on the cape..and some small errors that i will fix.

hase3_zpsz8sxgtqe.jpg

Cool Concept and Blockout Mallaria
  • Gobliness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    3etgwzG.jpg

Still figuring out what to do with the back of the shield, but otherwise ready to start painting. Thank you Odow for the concept!

Mallaria: Thanks, appreciate it! Excited to see your rabbit develop!
  • fluor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fluor polycounter lvl 6
    Mallaria: Nice concept! Can't wait to see it painted :D I feel like in the front it looks more like a bear than a rabbit though?? Maybe it's because of the ears sloping back like that...
    Gobliness: Love that idea of a weapon! But I think the background color is not the best choice... Maybe it's just me but I find it hard to look at * ^* you could try something less saturated? Or go a bit darker.
    air: I like that he wears that ribbon-tie-thing hehe. You could easily put more focus on it by saturating the colors or give it an entirely different color (like green or red to accentuate his eyes ;D ) And give him more character that way.
  • Mime
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mime polycounter lvl 14
    Got an hour or so worth of texturing.
    Heavy WIP
    G6T7LEG.jpg
  • Gobliness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FJSCGhg.jpg

fluor: Better? o:

Mime: Looking nice so far! Colors are looking a bit over-saturated though and it would look really awesome if the birds nest in the top had an alpha towards the edges to sell it better.
  • garcellano
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    garcellano greentooth
    tumblr_nndiwzlWPN1ricnv1o1_1280.jpg

Here's the WIP model for the Bunny Nunchucks. Might do a few touches on it before UV unwrapping.
  • Zephron
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Finished UV mapping and decided to attempt a more clean, simple look.
    Made the coloring even more depressing than I initially concepted, hehe.

Only got a few more days left, I hope I can finish!
    The basket fringes and ferns are going to need another going-over I think, they clash a little.

gXE9DcU.png
  • Mallaria
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Herro!
    Ive started to work on textures finally. yay ^^
    around 2hours in doing textures, I dont know what to do to make him more easter-ish... :c
    IEn5uU0.png
    @Fluor thanks, you were right he looked like bear :D ive fixed his ears, now i think it looks definitely better ^^

@gracellano looks super :D cant wait to see it more finished ^^
  • fluor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fluor polycounter lvl 6
    @Gobliness: I think you could adjust the value - make it darker or brighter. Your bg has the same value as your object which is why it blends together - have a look here, this makes it probably more obvious :3 Just a suggestion, of course.

@Mallaria: haha he looks super crazy! great!

continued working on my little bunny (: I hope I can also add a little egg-basket or some grass/flowers in time.
    uDhrXfQ.png
  • Gobliness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    v9nic1n.jpg

Last post of this xD

fluor: Thanks again! Your rabbit is really adorable, can't wait to see it finished! c:

Mallaria: Looking so sick, maybe give him a pastel vest?
  • Zephron
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Fluor - Your bunny is looking very cute! It has a nice cartoon feel, but still has a lot of great highlights and detail.

EDIT: Haha internet cut out yesterday. Sorry for the cut-off sentence.

Alright, school is ramping up again so I'm gonna call this finished.

y1XtVkv.png
  • Mime
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mime polycounter lvl 14
    @Golbliness : Thanks for the feedback.

I dont think i'll have any more time to work on this. I dont like how the ribbon turned out. And i took a few liberties form the concept (was to lazy to make a proper alpha). So here it is.
    One screenshot is flat directly form 3dCoat the other is a 3dsMax screenshot with a coulpe of lights.

QBlziKu.jpg
    AiXOBGo.jpg
  • Mallaria
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Mime That staff looks amazing! I really like all these lovely details on wood and leafs. Very nice! :)

Heres mine progress, im so going to finish it today, or tommorrow :) Once i finish textures i will try to make him more easterish, cause pastel vest didnt fit his vicious bossy temperament :c But i put a Easter egg on back of his vest xD
    PArz5Ps.png
  • PacoCasares
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PacoCasares polycounter lvl 11
    Uh, I could do with some diffuse painting. What's on the next month flavor! I want to know! :D
  • Odow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Odow polycounter lvl 8
    @Zephron Looking nice, I just have issues with the white outline on the grass, I just don't understand it's purpose.
    @Mime So pretty ^-^
    @Mallaria He looks so awesome I love that dead easter egg haha.

Tomorrow :P No sneak peak !
  • darkmag07
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    darkmag07 polycounter lvl 12
    @Mime: Really love how you painted the leaves and flowers.

@Mallaria: The Egg 'n Crossbones is great! Now I feel like this guy needs a motorcycle with egg shaped wheels or something.
  • Zephron
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Odow

It was just kind of a stylistic choice I thought looked nice at the time. I was looking a lot at Super Mario Bros and Yoshi's Island and they tended to outline stuff a lot. I suppose when I don't outline other objects, you think it clashes?

@Mime
    Dem leaves, so good.
    I don't think your color palette matches the theme very well, but it's still very vibrant and has just the right amount of detail to each piece.

@Mallaria

Oh god, that creepy eye you added is so gross. I don't know if you were going for this but it looks like someone clawed at it, and it's scarred.
  • Odow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Odow polycounter lvl 8
    @Zephron I'll make you a paintover of of I think you could make that outline look better ~

Next month ArtJam will be available tonight ( A bit later than last time, I'm going to the restaurant to celebrate my new job ~<3)
  • Mallaria
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gad damn it! i miss it, i was supposed to post it yesterday as i finished it yesterday, but i fell asleep...
    - _-

anyway, i hope it counts :c
    nOqa6RH.jpg
    EQbYj2G.jpg
    bkCIi4A.jpg
  • Fenyce
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fenyce polycounter lvl 11
    Hey Odow, grats for your new job! :)
  • Odow
    Options