Home Technical Talk

Ztrol - a new plugin for ZBrush

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
prototyp3 polycounter lvl 17
Hey everyone.

I'm developing a plugin for ZBrush, called Ztrol. (I'm going to be needing testers for April, details at the bottom of this post.) The plugin is focused on speeding up your workflow. It provides two main features, quick brush selection and brush organization.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AVHdzH6MeU"]90 second demo video from February[/ame]

Selection
The menu appears under your cursor while you hold down the menu key. The highlighted brush is selected and the menu closes when you release the key. I prefer stud mode though. It's a gestural selection method that doesn't wait for pretty menus to appear. You just press, gesture, and release to select a new brush. It's fast and removes a layer of distraction from the creative process.
Organization
All those brushes crowding your start up folders can finally be organized into menus and sub menus - nested as deep as you'd like. You add and delete menus and brushes right there on the canvas, no need to open an editor or spreadsheet. The brushes don't need hot keys assigned to be available either, all of them are accessible.

(Another useful thing is being able to assign a key to fire when alt + the menu key is pressed. It's very convenient on tablets without many hardware/express keys available - I love assigning KeuPon's badass zAdjustor plugin to it.)

Testing
I'll be needing a handful of artists for the first wave. In return for your participation and feedback, you will receive a full complimentary license of Ztrol. Sorry in advance to the Apple crowd, it's Windows only. For consideration please post, PM, or email me the following information:
Name
Job Title
Company
Portfolio URL
Email Address
Tablet and System info + OS version
Any suggestions, questions, or feedback is always welcomed.
Thanks!

Replies