ivan-tantsiura-tunnels.jpg?1434300179

High polys:

8XVHvII.jpg
jw5itDo.jpg
Yw2qBCg.jpg

finished props so far:

joseph-helline-termfinal.jpg?1435718704

joseph-helline-wlakway.jpg?1435935375

will post more progress as it happens :)

feedback greatly welcomed.

Replies

• DanielR17
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DanielR17 polycounter lvl 7
    Hi Joseph,
    I love the concept! Your assets are solid. Right now I'm not sure wether they need more dirt and scratches or not. You got to see them in context. Keep going!
  • BARDLER
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BARDLER polycounter lvl 12
    That is a great concept, an the props look solid, but do you have a blockout with a rough lighting setup in it yet? The concept has a bit of a warped perspective to get that composition working, and the lighting is really atmospheric.
    I would suggest getting that layout and lighting working for you early on, because the props/texture details are just extras on top of that.
  • Deforges
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Deforges polycounter lvl 11
    Thanks for the feedback guys!

@DanielR17 - I'm trying to keep these props dusty but not scratched up. At least if scratches will look better in the final environment that will be easy to add.

@BARDLER - I did do a basic block out of the level, tried to use the perspective match tool in max but had some troubles so it is eye'd for the most part. Although I do think it will be more simple to match once I create those arches and floor. I'll definitely put a hold on prop creation and get the outer textures / walls & lighting done first. Thanks!
  • Deforges
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Deforges polycounter lvl 11
    I've created some tiling textures at work - all 512x512

ceiling wall and arch materials
    Dx3xgeP.jpg
    S2hBdkQ.jpg
    04Cm39p.jpg
  • pixelpatron
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pixelpatron polycounter
    Looking good so far, the lighting is either gonna make or break this piece. Good luck.