Replies

• Toasty
  • danpaz3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danpaz3d polycounter lvl 7
    hmmm

Cyborgmatt tweeted this
    "Speaking of hats I wonder if we are about to get an update with the New Bloom chest, BTS chest and WePlay chest all arriving at once. Wooooo"

If there were a total of 5 treasures, then you can expect a LOT of sets getting in.
    Maybe they will, maybe they wont. We'll find out soon!

waiting.gif
  • Toasty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    5 chests + a Nexon one released in a short time period could mean lower then normal profits for artists. Surely players are going to burn out and slow down buying chests after 2 or 3 have been released?
  • Clyptic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Clyptic polycounter lvl 6
    @katzeimsack Nice work on that set! I especially love how the hair came out. Are the single strands masked or separate pieces of geometry?

@Toasty Something like that I would have to see released to believe it lol. Is the first list of sets a treasure? I don't even see sets with those names in the workshop for new bloom.
    If they truly are intending to release that many treasures, that would be much more appropriate, considering their hype and the amount of quality sets made.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    Toasty wrote: »
    5 chests + a Nexon one released in a short time period could mean lower then normal profits for artists. Surely players are going to burn out and slow down buying chests after 2 or 3 have been released?

I think that's very likely, however I don't know of any other way valve could 'catch up' otherwise, there's far too many great sets coming in at a rate that outpaces valve, so a big dump like this could be beneficial. The only thing strange to me is if they choose to do it in the middle of an 'event'
  • Toasty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    WK7Ncb.jpg

well that's just answered one question! Grats to all artists with a set included!
  • Karkeng Chan Jia Jyn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Karkeng Chan Jia Jyn polycounter lvl 2
    congrats to the artists that got accepted :D and we want more chest XD
  • quockhanhlk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    quockhanhlk polycounter lvl 11
    Congrats to everyone that got set accepted, and that's it i guess, lunar new year is ending :|
  • keinhangia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I know that feel bro...
  • danpaz3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danpaz3d polycounter lvl 7
    Grats all! My faves are the Morph and PA, well deserved.
  • katzeimsack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    katzeimsack polycounter lvl 17
    Clyptic wrote: »
    @katzeimsack Nice work on that set! I especially love how the hair came out. Are the single strands masked or separate pieces of geometry?

@Toasty Something like that I would have to see released to believe it lol. Is the first list of sets a treasure? I don't even see sets with those names in the workshop for new bloom.
    If they truly are intending to release that many treasures, that would be much more appropriate, considering their hype and the amount of quality sets made.

Thanks! I made a gif to show how I did the hair.
    The small hair lines don't use alpha, I added them to hide the low texture res in the portrait view.

hair.gif
  • Clyptic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Clyptic polycounter lvl 6
    Thanks! I made a gif to show how I did the hair.
    The small hair lines don't use alpha, I added them to hide the low texture res in the portrait view.

hair.gif

Awesome stuff, thanks for sharing.
  • ShorkGamer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ShorkGamer polycounter lvl 7
    Nothing from me again. :-( But I wonder why they accepted that Shaman Ward in a spring chest - the ward is not even spring themed.
  • TommyTehZombie
    Just posted my Phantom Assassin set, though Steam seems to be having some serious issues loading.

Take a look, and give a vote/feedback if you feel its deserving.

q5yd1q0.png
  • kite212
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kite212 polycounter lvl 15
    new blog post, with a nice little bit on it:

If you don’t see your favorite New Bloom set in either treasure, don’t fret. The community created so many exceptional designs this year that there was no way we could get them all out in time for New Bloom’s end. We’ll be releasing many more sets submitted for New Bloom with future treasures.

Its interesting too, they said "sets" not items, singles might actually be dead.....
  • ShorkGamer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Good news for all the AMAZING Sets that thus far aren't ingame!!!
    And i think that they should just throw them(singles, if they are good ofc) in to the random drop system that way the artists atleast get their art out and they could get worth much on the market hence they are only obtainable by the random drop system that way the artist could earn a small amount of money based on the market transactions. Just a little idea. :-D
  • Karkeng Chan Jia Jyn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Karkeng Chan Jia Jyn polycounter lvl 2
    well atleast there is still hope , continue finger crossing XD
  • Frump
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Frump polycounter lvl 12
    I guess I never shared this set anywhere after completing it. I finished it in early December, I think. I made it with Nexon for a pro player, but Valve rejected it. Seeing the Nexon chest reminded me to share it. Maybe not my best work but I wasn't given much flexibility in hero choice or to improve it after the fact.

JVR5NbM.jpg
    mxRlL7h.jpg
    HDus9Os.jpg
  • Vayne4800
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vayne4800 polycounter lvl 3
    This is actually very good Frump. Love it!
  • kite212
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kite212 polycounter lvl 15
    I have to agree, seems like a waste of a perfectly awesome earth shaker
  • Snowstorm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snowstorm polycounter lvl 5
    Frump wrote: »
    I guess I never shared this set anywhere after completing it. I finished it in early December, I think. I assume it was supposed to be included in the Nexon chest released today because I made it for Nexon, but Valve rejected it. Feeling gutted about that again, but it reminded me to share it anyway. Maybe not my best work but I wasn't given much flexibility in hero choice or to improve it after the fact.

Did they mention at all why it was rejected? I mean if I had to guess I might say that perhaps the items are too desaturated as compared to the original model, so the colours don't fit well imo. I think that set turns ES quite colourless. I'd like to hear Valve thinks of it though.
  • vertical
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vertical polycounter lvl 9
    That totem reminds me of the gravity gun. I really like this set.
  • agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ^ more like a copper wire wrapped motor generator XD

a6458017-228-BrushedArm.jpg
  • Frump
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Frump polycounter lvl 12
    Snowstorm wrote: »
    Did they mention at all why it was rejected? I mean if I had to guess I might say that perhaps the items are too desaturated as compared to the original model, so the colours don't fit well imo. I think that set turns ES quite colourless. I'd like to hear Valve thinks of it though.

The colors are definitely bland, I went back and worked more on the textures after and improved the colors as well as reduced the detail and noise as well. I don't have any images of it though.

I was only told that there were "too many issues to give feedback on and try to fix" which could mean anything.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I should get around to re-uploading it to the workshop.
  • Karkeng Chan Jia Jyn
  • ShorkGamer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Lol, I saw the Luna Set on Vlads Dota 2 profile and I was like waaaait I have seen this before but not ingame...it looks great, it is also nice to see a clinkz set again after all those months without new clinkz items.
  • Strimax
  • Stirner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stirner polycounter lvl 2
    One more Rubick's set concept is here! Looking for collab 4HHr91p.png
  • Reza
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Reza polycounter lvl 3
    Stirner wrote: »
    One more Rubick's set concept is here! Looking for collab 4HHr91p.png

Solid Work man. Me likey!
  • keinhangia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    My concept for Juggernaut- my fav hero. Yeah I know he got tons of hats already but I really want to have my own Juggernaut set :)

This set is open for collab

fRN3OuY.jpg

Previous version here (I love it but its have anime-ish and Bloodseeker-like feature so I fixed it, maYbe will make an alt style for the mask thou)

SbLkx6Y.jpg
  • SlaughterMelon
    Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me with an issue I'm having. At the moment I'm working on a Timbersaw set, and everything's importing fine exempt for the reactive armour. I just can't get it to work as it should. At the moment I'm parenting it to the 'shield' bone, but the import doesn't work properly as although the armour appears in roughly the right place, it doesn't animate like reactive armour should. Has anyone done this before that can let me know what to do?
  • Vovosunt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vovosunt polycounter lvl 4
    @Stirner: about your last rubick set: I like the staff and the face, but the cape seems a bit too invoker-like and overall the design lacks the rubick-green in it (the design you posted before seems a lot more rubick-y)

@keinhangia: The new design has more shape to it and the contrast is a lot better but I'm disappointed that you decided to leave the anime-ish looking style. The sword seems way too ordinary now and the mask feels a bit lacking too. Straying away from the human/beast slayer feels like a mistake too :( (I was the one who mentioned that it looked Bleach-like but that was a compliment if anything...)
  • _Dim_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello Guys,
    i am new around here and i would like to ask for feedback on a concept me and a friend made.
    It`s not finished ofcourse, but we would love to hear some suggestions from professionals :)
    22d5fa31a2.png
  • somerandomidiot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    somerandomidiot polycounter lvl 4
    I've been fiddling with a storm concept
    Any comments or critiques would be greatly appreciated

RkfUCEQ.jpg?2
  • ReMixx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @somerandomidiot

Valve would probably tell you to apply a light to dark gradient from top to bottom on both the robe and the white ribbon. They might also comment that the white ribbon is an unnecessary focal point - maybe a color gradient would help as in have it transition from a darker blue around his armpits to almost white at the top?

I think the white squiggly pattern on the robe should be replaced with larger details like folds and stuff (can be a larger pattern).
  • somerandomidiot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    somerandomidiot polycounter lvl 4
    ReMixx wrote: »
    @somerandomidiot

Valve would probably tell you to apply a light to dark gradient from top to bottom on both the robe and the white ribbon. They might also comment that the white ribbon is an unnecessary focal point - maybe a color gradient would help as in have it transition from a darker blue around his armpits to almost white at the top?

I think the white squiggly pattern on the robe should be replaced with larger details like folds and stuff (can be a larger pattern).

Thank you for the advice!
    I tried to use it to improve the design, I think it looks a lot better now. I kept the pattern because I feel like the robe would look too boring without it, but I tried to make it less awful.

CTgTUWc.jpg?1
  • ReMixx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @somerandomidiot

That looks much better! :D Maybe one of the more experienced artists can chime in with further advice. :)
  • MugenMcFugen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @somerandomidiot

That looks much better! :D Maybe one of the more experienced artists can chime in with further advice. :)

Your advice already gave him huge improvement! Only from my POV, the yellow (golden?) parts could use some of orange-to-slighty-red hue near the parts where is more shadowy so to say, other than that, it's lovely concept!
  • quockhanhlk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    quockhanhlk polycounter lvl 11
    @somerandomidiot

HAH! RIGHT ! xDD
  • KingTomislav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KingTomislav polycounter lvl 5
    I have legal/financial question. Are there any issues with Valve paying to you after your item is accepted? My concern is on the following issue: For example you don't have any registered firm, company or something like "designer studio bla bla" d.o.o. or something like that. Your status is unemployed, student or you work for some company. So, can you get paid as a citizen on say your personal visa card for example? I do understand that after you get paid you must handle taxes in your country, but that is not my concern. Im concerned can you submit your personal card number and be paid on that? I hope you understand what im saying.
  • ike_ike
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ike_ike polycounter lvl 12
    money goes straight to your bank account. i was an unemployed hobo moonlighting as a student when i got my first hat accepted and it was all ok
  • Jlem
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jlem triangle
    Here's my latest concept for Rubick
    r_IULYAW.jpg
  • ReMixx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Your advice already gave him huge improvement!

Thank you! :3

But he/she really deserves the credit for taking the simple advice and applying it so well!
  • PrivateRowan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ogVzviI.jpg

Just submitted my newest creation, Malicious Riftling, a set created for Puck.
    Check it out if you have a spare moment! :D
  • Anuxinamoon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anuxinamoon polycounter lvl 14
    a really legit puck set. well done!
  • KingTomislav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KingTomislav polycounter lvl 5
    ike_ike wrote: »
    money goes straight to your bank account. i was an unemployed hobo moonlighting as a student when i got my first hat accepted and it was all ok

cool tnx
  • agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gx1sWhC.jpg

windranger based on my last year drawing when i tried to redesign her base look.
    and the quiver i checked already, WR never draw arrow for attack animation. DR has.
  • Reyne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Reyne polycounter lvl 6
    That is a really neat looking WR, very different idea for her. I really like it!

Here is a razor set I am working on. This is just the diffuse on it at the moment. I am trying to get batter at the painting/textures side of things. Any criticism/feedback would be great.

LmZvCaD.jpg
  • agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks! reyne

actually i'm looking 3D artist (include texture, custom animation if have idea to add-on etc) for the WR set.

updated: taken
  • Coyo.Te
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Coyo.Te polycounter lvl 4
    Hey folks,
    as already written in the skype group and the hangouts, i started a little project on dota2 workshop submissions that settle a little dust yet no one knows why since they are really good items that are still not in the game. so i have my fair share of items that linger in the workshop but i want more and i need more since i possibly can't grasp them all on my own.

what items do you know are waiting in the workshop for far too long?
    send me a pm here on the forum, reach me in the skype grp, post a comment on the blog, reach me through steam or mail, tweet at me use whatever channel you like that i can be reached on. I want steamworkshop links!
    here's part 1 - > Forgotten treasures

bare in mind, I review all the links and decide on my own ;)