Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Art Contest Riot Art Contest - Character Art

[Riot Art Contest] - Shen

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Damytria polycounter lvl 7
I cannot qualify for a winning position due to my contractual obligations with Riot

However, I would finally like to participate in a polycount contest that I am 300% passionate for (and get off my lazy ass and finally finish a comp) And not to mention I haven't really made any pieces of personal character art in 2 years.

So here it goes!

One of the most gratifying characters to play in league of legends is Shen.
Shen currently is a pretty basic bipedal character. in terms of improvement and redesign the sky is the limit.

The latest splash the team at riot has unveiled for him is phenomenal.

Shen_Splash_0.jpg

Personal goals:

• Using current league characters as a guide, I would like to push shen's proportions in a more stylized manner (Studying, Jayce, Braum and Garen)

The adjusted silhouette needs to reflect that Shen is a Hero "Good Guy", and that he is also a Fighter/Tank

• Shen hails from the Island Nation of Ionia. Riot has recently been doing a number of Visual Updates, and creating characters to better flesh out the Art Direction of Ionia.

I want to look create a fleshed out concept using the Shen Splash, along with studying the Karma Rework, Irellia, and Yasuo to try and make Shen read a bit more as Ionian/

• Time permitting, I also need to work QUITE A BIT on my sculpting skills. So we'll see if I can nail down a full character sculpt.

Replies