Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Yogibear

Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Hey guys!  I hope to become active on the forums and to see myself improve as I submit artwork. Please feel free to post and criticisms or critiques! And thank you for checking out my Sketchbook!

Replies

• Yogibear
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys I have to admit I'm excited to be making my first post. I see a ton of great work on this forum all the time and I'm glad to start becoming a part.

This is my first real progress on a character sketch. I'm going for an android type character here. I want the portions of the body separated almost and to give it a very mechanical appearance. This is very early just trying to create the major forms. I have a few questions I need some advice on.

Whats the best way to get a very square stroke like cutting with a cube? There has to be a better way than dragging a repeating stamp.

What should i do with the neck area? I want to give the android a smaller neck with maybe wires around it to make it seem thicker. If i took out the whole section around the neck would it look too weird?

Any other comments or criticisms are greatly appreciated.

I really want to work and become good at this whole process and I think this forum is a good place for me to do it. I look forward to growing with ya'll.
    Anyway here is my progress.
  • Yogibear
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys. I'm taking a game design course at my university next semester and i'm pumped. but anyways.

Update on the android: I used the pinch brush too mutch and went about hard-surface modeling in mudbox all wrong. After watching some videos and giving it a try i'm doing the smarter way on my second try. The normals of the first attempt became to cluttered and the model would never lay down flat in certain areas.

Thanks guys and ill hopefully be posting some progress again soon.
    -Yogi
  • Yogibear
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So i started another character sculpt. I decided to go with a Lich/Frost king type character. Ive made some rough progress but I need some advice on what to do with the arms and hands. Please let me know what you think I would love to hear from you. Critiques and comments are always welcome.

-Yogi
  • Yogibear
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys i'm starting an internship with a studio in my local university and am excited to see what it brings. I am trying to make a habit of posting here daily but well see how it goes.
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You should see if you can embed the images directly in your posts. Right now, we have to download manually them one-by-one before we can see them. Look for the "Attach Image/File" button in the editing toolbar.