Home Royalties or Post-Launch Compensation Work

Looking for a Magician

Gemlins

The Game
Your phone is a window to their world.

CEanzdPUIAEcylX.jpg

It's a real-time Online Action-RPG with some MOBA mechanics which you can play on Android/iOS devices. I like to think of it as a mash-up between Pokemon, League of Legends and Super Smash Bros.

You collect and battle little creatures with gems attached to their back. There are fun little mini games to keep you occupied when you don't feel like fighting. They gain experience, learn skills, and breed to make new variations. You can battle with your friends, compete in real time online or against AI bots asynchronously. You can deck out your Gemlins with cosmetic upgrades. The game is Free to Play but the monetization is more similar to games like TF2 and LoL than games like CoC or Candy Crush.

Me:
Tech Director in the Games Industry who decided to step out and make something special. I've been making games since I was in grade school and doing it professionally now for more than a decade. I got my start in the AAA console space, moved into High End PC titles, and now I'm in Mobile*.
CEx7DDZUsAEcQdQ.png

You:
Exceptional-Generalist. Master of all trades. Excellent communication, work ethic, and the highest quality bar. Ideally you’ll have run everything from Concept Art to VFX. I'm looking for someone with a strong sense of creative agency who has no problem discussing ideas constructively.
CC8EwYqUMAAeKLk.png

The Good News:
The game is so far along that it’s already launched! https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.majurgames.gemlins

I’m using Android as a test market while I add new features, fix bugs, and work on getting the back-end ready for a global release. In terms of early retention and engagement, the early metrics are fantastic! Gemlins is performing near or better than games like CoC or P&D. The sample size is still too small to start celebrating, but I’ve specifically avoided press because I don’t feel the game is ready to be reviewed yet.

And that's why I need your help...

CEmObBkUIAAz04d.jpg

The Bad News:
I’ve cobbled together various assets from Unity Store, but lacking consistent direction - the final result feels bland and uninspired. The visuals need the love and attention of a dedicated creative mind. I can describe my vision at length, but I'd really rather make it conversation so that it could become our vision.
CFdmLWaUgAATk8j.jpg

Compensation:
I’ve already invested quite a bit of my own money to bring this to life, and I’m committed for the long haul. Ideally, we could work out a revenue share plan which gives you a small up front comp with a much larger backend potential. I’d much rather incentivise long term commitment than short-term turn around, but I’m fine with paying by the asset or hour if that’s what you prefer. If you’re a total bad-ass mo-faux, I’ll even consider a partnership.
CE8KOV9UkAAyEbu.png

Next Step:
If you're interested, contact me with a short description about yourself and a link to your portfolio. I’ll try to get back to you as soon as possible.
CFlSd13UsAEUdpQ.png

TLDR:
Opportunity of a lifetime just fell in your lap. Lets make something of it.