Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] dunbar

Hi,

been around here for a while and never posted much work. I've recently updated my portfolio, so there it is:

http://jacekjerzymaj.wix.com/mustacheworks

I'm a bit lazy person so i didn't put much time into fine tweaking stuff so seams pop up here and there both in the site and work. Feel free to c&c - always good to get some feedback.

cheerio :)

Replies

• mazz423
    Offline / Send Message
    mazz423 polycounter lvl 9
    You've got some really nice work in there, what I'd like to see more of are construction shots, currently there are none as far as I can tell and they're really important, so texture flats and wireframes are needed I think.

And what would I like to see less of? Wix. I really don't like wix, the main reasons being that firstly I can't save any of your images, and ontop of that, the res that I view your images is entirely determined by my screen. My two work monitors aren't particularly high res and therefore, now, neither are your images.

It would be a lot of work starting again, but I would suggest moving your portfolio to a more straight forward service like carbonmade for example. At least with that I can see you images at full res.
  • c22dunbar
    Yea i know wix can be a pain in the ass. i had to assemble the site quickly and didnt have time to dig deeper into hostings. I've been considering to move to cghub and problably will do so in a near future. regarding the construction shots it's a good idea.

If You want to save images from wix rightclick on the picture and go 'inspect element'(in chrome. FF, Opera or other browsers should have a similar tool). Then on the right side You'll find the background-image field. There You have a path to the full res image. Not the prettiest way but it works.
  • Kyuzo
    Offline / Send Message
    Kyuzo polycounter lvl 12
    nobody will do this to save images

this: http://www.torfrick.com/ is how it should be, no real coding or somewhat else, clean pages with images, nothing more, easy to use, easy to get what you need
  • dreamer00
    really good work dunbar...
  • Jet_Pilot
    Offline / Send Message
    Jet_Pilot polycounter lvl 10
    nice work, but i hate the flash SOOOO much. Id rather have the ability to click on an image and see it full res instead of it scaling to my window screen.
  • BenHenry
    Offline / Send Message
    BenHenry polycounter lvl 11
    Agreed with Jet_Pilot, get rid of the flash if you can.
  • spectre1130
    Offline / Send Message
    spectre1130 polycounter lvl 6
    You have some really good work there and I like how you keep all you backdrops the same for your final presentation renders. It keeps things very neat and tidy. I agree though with the above poster's in that you need some wire overlays, and texture sheets to accompany the beauty shots.
  • c22dunbar
    thanks for the good words, i'll find some time to move my stuff from wix to something more suitable plus will get the wires/textures posted.