Home General Discussion

Heroes Thread

Replies

• almighty_gir
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    because Jesse/Peter, knows that the dude who looks like him, with a scar, tried to kill Nathan. so he probably believes he's a bad guy.
  • Michael Knubben
    surfthechannel.com

edit: err, that was for e-freak.
  • rooster
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    its shown over here like a week behind, but sod it I went and torrented it. very impressed so far.. more action in 2 eps than season 2 altogether!
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    e-freak, what gir said.
    Future Peter stuck current day Peter's soul/consciousness into Jesse's body. Why? Because current Peter caught future Peter in the bathroom (like Parkman caught him in the supply room). Future Peter did it as a way to protect himself.
  • Michael Knubben
    Roo: a week?!

They only started showing season two in April or something.
  • notman
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    What? No Heroes updates? ;)

I'm surprised no one is talking about last night's episode. I thought it was pretty good, although it didn't seem to advance the storyline very much. We got to see Sylar being a badass again. I thought it was funny seeing that new speedster run without speed.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Offline / Send Message
    I thought it was funny seeing Sylar with slicked back hair and a suit, tossing that Joe-Friday accent snake tongue around. lol.

Good episode though, interesting stuff. I guess Peter couldn't use his own abilities while trapped in Jesse's body? Strange.

I wonder how big a role the Parkman thing is going to play - they seem to be building that up quite a bit.

The "fear" man, who gets his strength from fear, doesn't impress me at all. Jessica seemed much more scary than him. Afterall, you have to be scared to death in order to give him the power needed to kill you. Doesn't seem very exciting. Torch dude is cool, though.

I sure as hell hope they have more villain action coming up, considering the L5's are now kaput.
  • Marine
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    plenty of sylar and hiro, i'm happy.
  • Keg
    Offline / Send Message
    Keg polycounter lvl 18
    Vassago wrote: »
    I sure as hell hope they have more villain action coming up, considering the L5's are now kaput.

They mentioned there was about a dozen that had escaped. that group was only 4 of them.
  • Reverenddevil
    Offline / Send Message
    Reverenddevil polycounter lvl 9
    No one made a comment about Nikki and Jessica possibly being a cloning experiment created by that doctor she went and saw. Also, it is apparent that Claire is going to be bitten by the darkside bug because of her easily influential teen angst. Kinda reminiscent of Anakin/Darth Vader. Still good, they are continuing to do it right...
  • b1ll
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    nikkie jessica or whatever, useless character, she should of been DELETED in season 1 ep 1
    Same with her stupid kid. and Surresh or whatever is stupid name is.

thoses L5 douche were Shit. OH SO SCARY, last 1 episode, wtf! I did like to see MARLO STENFIELD tho, I hear BUBBLE will be in heroes this season 2!

Sylar fake good guy ahah i like that.

OVerall interesting, yet still poopy
  • notman
    Offline / Send Message
    I agree that Nikki should have been gone a long time ago.... and I think they realized it too, so they've tried to reintroduce her with better/useful powers (basically).

And yeah, the L5 were pussies... but I get the impression that they were trial run. A short term way to see what viewers will think of the characters/powers. Just like this new 'viewer created' character that is suppose to eventually appear.
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    I can't recall them now but hiro saw 5 baddies in his future when ando killed him..

edit: it was Angela's dream and it was nikki (jessica), parkman's dad, the ninja guy that was buried, and the one guy that escaped the bank building.

villains.jpg
  • Jesse Moody
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    Will be really interested in the next weeks to come. I think they are just trying to build things up for a big mid season show down and to help build up the plot. Reminds me more of season 1.

Overall I am quite happy with this season thus far. Bring on more.
  • hawken
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    did claires boyfriend die in the last season?

I can't remember where all the other character went.

looking forward to seeing what happened to suresh.

Although it's turning into 4400...
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Offline / Send Message
    Nikki IS dead. This strauss chick is another clone (one of at least three that we know of), probably made by Linderman (as seen by Nikki/DL in Linderman's stash room medical papers). She could easily become power drunk with her super freeze ability and go evil, as seen here.

The others are all common sense. Adam is hell bent on playing god, Parkman's father obviously enjoys toying with people, and the black man (gets his super strength from fear? lame), are all baddies. I'm hoping some of the remaining level 5's are super badasses. I want to see all out fights between Sylar, Peter and some crazy others.

It will be cool to sere where they take it when Suresh gives out that formula for everyone to have powers. What happens when the whole word knows about them??
  • hawken
    Offline / Send Message
    it would be a disaster for the series, it's practically what made 4400 un-workable.

I think thats the last we'll be seeing of the suresh formula as he used it on himself.

in 4400 they had the same thing although some people would die if they took the formula, I believe it was a 50/50 chance. Heroes does a good job of avoiding the mess that 4400 tv series became. Once you give the whole world powers, how exactly do you portray that on TV?
  • Saidin311
    Offline / Send Message
    Saidin311 polycounter lvl 11
    Loved the little slip in of the line from Claire's Mother; Save yourself first, then Save the World.

Great tie in to season 1. Disappointed Magneto is already dead. And for such a hype up of the power of Jesse's voice I'm also disappointed he's dead too. Does that mean Sylar has the voice now though?

Not a fan of the parkman story. Isaac was one of my favourite characters from season 1, he was flawed and good and had a cool ability. But they somehow managed to kill him off and still turn lesser and less interesting characters into his original role of driving the plot.

The Haitan still remains my favourite character but unfortunately there's just going to be too many plot holes with him. The dual ability of mind-erasing AND nullifying powers. He has to stay at the company now to keep Hiro in one spot. With the African guy painting the future too. And if the headphones transfer the ability (or if he can transfer that ability) that makes something like 5 or 6 characters who can all predict the future. The Mother who dreams it, Sylar and Peter who paint, the African and Hiro/Peter who can time travel.

The speedster is an interesting plot line. Looks like she might end up being good, and the play between her and Hiro makes for good tv.
  • J Randall
    Offline / Send Message
    J Randall polycounter lvl 15
    Modern day peter can't use his abilities cause it would appear his soul / consciousness is in that other guys body and as Mohinder pointed out the powers come from adrenals so he's in someone else's body so he has someone else's adrenals to work with ... so ... he's going to have to relearn even what power he has.
  • Mezz
    Offline / Send Message
    Mezz polycounter lvl 8
    hawken wrote: »
    did claires boyfriend die in the last season?

lmao That's what I keep wondering... and from first season too. Claire seems to have this nasty habit of getting close to guys and then convienently forgotting them for the next season if they can't be written in interestingly. Kinda wish the first one was around, I liked him, but I'm glad second season fling being gone... he was getting on my nerves. :P

Speaking of a different love each season, poor Hiro, he's not gonna fall in live with Speedster TOO, is he? The poor guy can't take another heartbreak! Unless he can finally manage to not have a tragic star-crossed love?

And Parkman with the future-painting ability? I dunno about this... acquiring abilities? They had better give a good explanation to this :P

And Niki's char was so close to finally being dead... so close!! But now she's back again as another, slightly more interesting woman.
    p.s. Has copycat dissappeared from this season as well? :P
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    I was sick yesterday, so I finally got the chance to watch all 3 of the new episodes while sipping on tea, all rugged up on the couch.

The speedster chick reminded me way too much of a blonde version of the character from Mirror's Edge. Then seeing her run without her powers was funny as because she has a really bizarre run :P
    Season 3 is off to a pretty good start, far better than Season 2.

-caseyjones
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Offline / Send Message
    Dekard wrote: »
    villains.jpg

I just noticed the strategically placed peaCOCK!!
  • hawken
    Offline / Send Message
    speedster is actually a product placement for mirrors edge
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Offline / Send Message
    Great episode!

vlcsnap-138095.jpg

I think the surprise appearence next week is Papa Petrelli, brought to life by Adam's life-giving blood perhaps? Only reason I could see Adam being needed (some kind of healing is needed, I'll bet).
  • Saidin311
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah great episode, but man there's SOOOO many holes with the Peter ability right now.

Biggest hole so far that I can find is that Peter SHOULD have the ability to remove thoughts AND block other people's abilities. (He was in the presence of the Haitian) I'm curious as to how he gets his scar, I really thought it was gonna happen this episode, because maybe the Haitian can disable his healing ability. But who knows now.

He could also have been in proximity to many other people in the future (now that they all have powers there). So who knows what powers they might have had.

They could just end it now though, Peter just has to go to Suresh, kill him to find out how to manipulate the proper formula (from his brain). Bring Suresh back to life with his blood and they both fix the problem.

(Cool sidenote as I was looking up the spelling of Suresh. Suresh means the ruler of Gods in Hindu. Which was definitely chosen on purpose.)
  • Mark Dygert
    I want to know, if Peter is going to have whatever it was MoHinder has...

Oh yea pardon the slimey hands and the rashy patches, just a lil something I picked up in a trip to the future...
  • levin
    Offline / Send Message
    levin polycounter lvl 16
    Saidin311 wrote: »
    Y

Biggest hole so far that I can find is that Peter SHOULD have the ability to remove thoughts AND block other people's abilities. (He was in the presence of the Haitian)

Peter can't copy the Haitian's ability because it blocks his copying ability. So no dice.

The big holes imo is the time traveling to save the world. Messing a past event would spawn a different future in a different timeline, not the future in the particular timeline you are in. It would be one of your infinite parallel self's future; it's futile to change the past you're just saving/screwing 1 possible future among an infinite possible safe/screwed futures, none of which affects yours.
  • Marine
    Offline / Send Message
    peter should offer his ability to sylar, only fair really
  • Saidin311
    Offline / Send Message
    levin wrote: »
    Peter can't copy the Haitian's ability because it blocks his copying ability. So no dice.

I can't quote the episode but I know the Haitian has the ability to turn that aspect of his power on and off. So it could be that he could be in contact with Peter while not turning the ability on. Since it happens instantaneously it's still possible that it happened.

But yeah, time travel is always a hole, but because the entire series (season 1, 2 and 3) is based on time travel I overlook that one. If the show didn't have time travel there would be no show because the characters are too boring or powerful to have a story that doesn't involve the knowing of the future.
  • Keg
    Offline / Send Message
    Keg polycounter lvl 18
    Peter learns the power when the person uses their power. so if the Haitian had his power off nothing would be learned
  • Wells
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    My biggest complaint is that sylar and peter don't use their stockpile of powers. there's really no excuse for anyone to touch them in a fight if the Haitian isn't around.

And I groan every time the 'God' story line comes up. Damnit, why'd they have to go and do that.
  • Ephesians 2:8-9
    Someone please explain this to me. How did future Pete die? I thought he had Claires gift?
  • Wells
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    the idea is that the Haitian negated his healing factor so Claire shot him down, then put a bullet in his head. He'll only heal if the bullet is removed from his skull, which it doesn't seem anyone is inclined to do.
  • ericleekessler
    so no wolverine insane type healing then? where they heal and it just eventually pushes the bullet back out :P
  • notman
    Offline / Send Message
    so no wolverine insane type healing then? where they heal and it just eventually pushes the bullet back out :P

That's how Sylar healed up after HRG shot him, so that's one of those oddities that I think you're suppose to ignore ;)
  • Ephesians 2:8-9
    Sectaurs wrote: »
    the idea is that the Haitian negated his healing factor so Claire shot him down, then put a bullet in his head. He'll only heal if the bullet is removed from his skull, which it doesn't seem anyone is inclined to do.

Umm, yes, BUT, what about Syler and the Nuke Blast? How come we did not see him in the morchuary alive and well with Peter? He's got Clairs Ability too right?
  • Marine
    Offline / Send Message
    future sylar is most likely alive, peter survived going boom after all
  • seanv
    I have a fever, and the only perscription is more samurai. I got have more samurai.
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Offline / Send Message
    so.. why was sylar wearing horned rim glasses and living in claires house? Peter may not get what Mohinder has as Mohinder wasn't the same type of powers. It's not the correct 'formula' perhaps. Or possibly is the correct formula but just in a early stage of development. Noticed the rattling sound of a bad guy when ever he was on screen.. so
  • JasonLavoie
    Offline / Send Message
    JasonLavoie polycounter lvl 18
    Well... i did it everyone, it took a solid month of non-stop Heroes, but I have finally caught up. I heard so much about this series, and my friends got season 1 etc. so I was like... now is the time :P

Really good show, so far I'm liking season 2 the best, but MMAANNN, Sylar blew the furk up, so that was kinda cool :P
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Offline / Send Message
    Sylar has Peter and Claires healing ability as well, so we'll see.
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    In regards to a bullet to the head not popping out. The brain is what triggers these abilities as mentioned by Mohinder in an earlier episode this series, so if the brain is damaged or impaired, then so is their ability.
    If you recall in season 1 when Claire is pushed by her boyfriend and she gets the tree branch lodged into her brain, then when the coroner pulls it out she was then able to heal.
    So bullets popping back out from Sylar's chest seems feasible because the bullets aren't impairing his brain in anyway.
    Though I still would like to know what caused Peter's scar and why it won't heal.

The thing with Heroes, is that I've learned to just accept the holes in the plot and in the design. Its what makes Heroes Heroes, right?

-caseyjones
  • Saidin311
    Offline / Send Message
    Sectaurs wrote: »

Does that mean Claire can die that way? If she's so suicidal about her ability just get the Haitian to end that one.

Peter should be able to morph, and also 'put' people inside other people. Since he future Peter used both those abilities within proximity.

Yeah I've learned to accept the holes too. But I mean the characters abilities are getting so ridiculous now, namely Peter, Sylar and Hiro. That it's pulling me out of the illusion. Also because I just want to see one of them own everyone with their power.

Also interesting to note that Hiro can't actually stop time fully. Which I think was just an excuse to develop the nemesis relationship, but overall was pretty stupid.
  • rooster
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    totally agree with peter not using all his powers.. he has the ability for no-one to even see him, why isnt he using it all the time
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Offline / Send Message
    I thought claire could die by suffocation, wasn't that what her mom showed her?
  • rooster
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    she was uncomfortable, but define 'die'. I got the impression if she suffocated, but then was released, she'd be fine
  • aesir
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    claire stays dead in a situation that is currently killing her until the situation ends. Like in the first season where she had a piece of wood stuck in her head until it got pulled out. She stayed dead till the wood was out of her brain.
  • hawken
    Offline / Send Message
    heroes has gone to the shit

too many plot holes now.

shame really.
  • almighty_gir
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    future peter grew balls, current peter is still growing them. will be interesting to see if "the hunger" gives him a testostorone boost.

sylar blowing up a city = awesome.

hiro is getting annoying again.

i was under the impression that Peter gains his abilities by being in proximity to others. he doesn't need to see them being used. he never saw his brother flying before he flew himself. the same with being invisible.

he and sylar need to have a big ruck, my money would go on sylar because he's more ruthless and seems to be more... in control of his powers. like he knows exactly how to use them all to their fullest. but ultimately, peter is the good guy, so he'll win.

also, isn't there some law about the same matter being in the same place? that was a van damme film wasn't it? shouldn't peter have imploded when he touched himself?
  • Wells
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    also, isn't there some law about the same matter being in the same place? that was a van damme film wasn't it? shouldn't peter have imploded when he touched himself?

Gosh I hope not, that would invalidate all my fanfic