Home General Discussion

Heroes Thread

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Marine polycounter lvl 18
New series starts tonight :D
Hopefully it'll be better than last year, less new characters that suck balls, and more Sylar and Hiro.
And because I'm damn sure I'm right, Sylar is the third Petrelli son

Replies

• Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    I thought season 2 was still good. Very excited about tonight though. Saw this on youtube, left me thinking:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZqawZSG2SU[/ame]

Why didn't they mention Peter as a suspect? Perhaps a future Peter shoots his own brother to stop some future badness? He was about to tell the world about them, afterall. When the shooter walks away from the crowd, it does look a bit like Peter's walk (not as easy to see on the youtube vid).

Should be good!
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
  • spyrewolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    damn been waiting for this forever!!!

from the youtube vid, I'd say your onto something there, it looks like peter, it could also be future badass alternative peter , (one with the scar)

Interesting to say the least, plus doesn't nathan have that creepy burnt alter-ego maybe it was to stop him ...i dunno i could speculate all day
  • Japhir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Japhir polycounter lvl 16
    wow great! will probably take a wile to get to the Netherlands though :(.
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    Meh with a capital M.
    needs to be bloody good to get my attention back after 2nd series
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    yup same here, Im getting sick of the care bear type tv shows the last 2 years.
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Is season2 really that bad? I keep hearing its lukewarm. I just watched the whole season1 over a few days, loved it. Shall I buy 2?
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pior: I enjoyed it quite a lot. It wasn't as refreshing as season 1, and the new characters weren't always as memorable as a hiro or Sylar, but altogether it wasn't bad. I have high hopes for this one, but I also hope they don't drag it out too long (lost-style)
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    problem with season 2 was it was supposedly cut hella short due to the writer strike. So it limped along all season.
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    pior: my problem with 2 was that the first season really got my hopes up, good pace and action throughout. season 2 was tepid, no pace, seemed like several episodes would go on without anything that really made me sit up and pay attention. watched it out of habit incase something good did come along but i was bored by the end. none of the new characters hold a candle to the original cast.

And wtf was with
    bringing that cool black dude back who can walk through walls and killing him again instantly? seriously??
    oh and and peter is an even bigger sap than before
  • Mezz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mezz polycounter lvl 8
    I did enjoy season 2, but I think the writer's strike hurt it a fair bit. It sorta had to get lumped and rushed together because it had to be much fewer episodes.
    That said, still lots of enjoyment :) Can't wait for the next season, though!! It was pretty lame since Sylar had no powers last season, but now... oh man!!

I saw some trailer that made it look like Claire gets a dark side... sounds good to me :P And I hope they continue with less focus on the Niki and her son and co arc, cause really, does anyone love their arcs compared to anyone and everyone else's??

Gaaah, still, so excited!! :D
  • Reverenddevil
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Reverenddevil polycounter lvl 9
    I am excited but a bit torn. When the first season came out I was so damn excited with each new episode. It felt like television was returning to a form it was lacking in the past 10 years. Then the damn writers strike hit and everything went down hill. Here we are 9 months later and I can not help but feel that the Heroes magic has dissipated. I used to look forward to every new episode and now as I am still excited, there is not that feeling of Christmas morning I once got with the first episodes. The anticipation and speculation of the what ifs or maybe, possibly. I hope this season gives the devoted fans that punch in the face the first season did.
  • Keg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Keg polycounter lvl 18
    I would say, avoid the hour before the actual show, some sort of recap and preview deal. they spoiled a couple things I would have preferred not to have seen.
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    I really enjoy Heroes. I'm pretty excited for tonight. Hopefully yeah, less new characters that add nothing to the show, and more time spent with the ones the audience has already gotten into. More reveals, more action. More of Kristen Bell & Hayden Panetierre.

My big gripe was that Season 2 got cut WAY short, like...in half. And by now? Peter should be a total bad-ass not the whimpering pussy he always seems to be.

"Hi, Im the most powerful being on the planet, but Im gonna cry and waffle and act confused every day. Does my brother really love me? I'm mad at my dad, blah blah..."

He can regenerate any body part except, apparently, his balls which he's seemingly lost.
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    "He can regenerate any body part except, apparently, his balls which he's seemingly lost."
    qft

oh yeah, and also while im remembering things about season 2, all that shit about
    being able to inject claires blood into someone and they revive?? man way to ruin any future weight put upon a characters death. just shoot em up and hey they're alive!. awful idea. how are we supposed to take future character deaths seriously?

man im remembering just how pissed i was at the end of season 2

edit:
    ah yes! also,
    that unconvincing irish *bint gets teleported into the future, one which he stops from happening (er or was it hiro. forget). so has she ceased to exist? I HOPE SO
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    And by now? Peter should be a total bad-ass not the whimpering pussy he always seems to be

teh? Lots of people are confused growing up. Peter's in his what, early-mid 20's? That's a big time of change, of confusion. On top of that he's got these crazy powers. I don't see how he should become insta-badass and bust shit out. They're trying to portray it somewhat realistically and emotionally.

In season 2, his memory was lost 1/2 the time. So he was trying to relearn himself all over. Once he got his mem back, he was still under the impression that Adam was good. I'm sure his head was still fuzzy for a while, since the haitian wiped so deep (ie; Claire's mom), so that could also explain some shit with Peter's softness for the rest of the season.

I'm sure that in season 3, he'll ramp up his abilities. With all of the badguys that are bound to be out there now, he'll have to, to survive. Keep in mind, this all takes place in the course of like 6 months or less - it's all been a hell of a lot to absorb for a kid. His character is interesting, and certainly pivotal in series to counteract Sylar. Things will be interesting, I'm sure of it.
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    aye the future him was kind of a badass. hope to see him become that guy asap!
    oooh and why did he have a scar?? how does that work if he regenerates? they better explain that one
  • Richard Kain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Richard Kain polycounter lvl 18
    The 2nd season started off with some interesting ideas, and definitely started to shake things up. But it didn't go anywhere. Several characters that were very like-able in the first season die. While new characters are introduced that they just don't do anything with. The main villain from the second season is just a carbon copy of Claire, (power-wise) and ends up defeated by Hiro in the blink of an eye. The plot holes were rampant, and the writer's strike resulted in one of the most disappointing endings to a season in recent memory. It just really fell apart.

There is potential for this third season, but we will have to see. I am definitely liking the return of Sylar. His quest to retrieve his powers in season 2 was a great way to show off how much of a bastard he could be, but it dragged on and wasn't very entertaining.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    Holy shit, the first episode is starting of with an overload of info :D ... now starts the second episode
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    welp looked like you guys called it tonight. :D
  • kary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kary polycounter lvl 18
    Normally time travel makes my head hurt, but that actually worked well. There aren't that many ways to make things perilous for a Superman like Peter, but they seem to have set it up well.
    A Magento villain, hope they get some mileage out of that one -- so many fun effects shots they should do. How big will the 'specialness' of Claire be? Will that be a whole season thing, or part of the Christmas reveal? It's a shocking spoiler that Ali Larter is still in excellent shape:poly121:. You've got to love her new power, how did that happen?
  • Generalvivi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Generalvivi polycounter lvl 14
    Loved the 40 mins I got to watch! going to watch the rest of it when they upload it online! :D:D!
  • spyrewolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    that was a pretty good start to the third season..
    suresh is now spiderman, but comming apart at the seams. (i hope he turns out to be uluru ...read here if your lost>> they still haven't talked much about him since season 1) "tracey's freeze power? so nikki has different powers based on persona, kinda cool,

so very cool, hopefully the pace will keep up through out the season and have lots of mental battles.
  • Saidin311
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Saidin311 polycounter lvl 11
    I thought it started pretty well. As confusing as the first episode of season 2 was though. I hope they go more into the Haitian, he's a wicked character.

The problem with the franchise comes from the very beginning and plot itself, all 3 seasons have now started with visions of the future. The first season was very simple. 'Save the Cheerleader, Save the World'. Unfortunately though they haven't been able to find a simple mantra with which to continue the series.

It's hard to keep things grounded when you can travel through time and are indestructible, and sadly there are about 10 million plot holes involving the powers of Claire, Peter and Sylar.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Loved it. Great start to the new season.
  • Reverenddevil
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Reverenddevil polycounter lvl 9
    WOW! They did an awesome job with the two new episodes... I think they needed to deliver big after 9 months and in my opinion they did..

My only thought more knit picky is how Sylar got his power from Claire. The reason he was able to was because Peter screwed things up and didnt allow her to come to the hospital, where if she did she would be fine. But in actuality she would of been home no matter what. If he didnt go back in time then his brother would not have been shot and Claire would of never needed to leave the house anyway. I think it was just a slight overlook by the writers. All in all it was still awesome...
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah. Lots of little plot holes here and there, but in a show about super powers I guess I'm prepared to suspend my disbelief for a bit. It was entertaining. I'll keep watching and hoping this isn't a prelude to totally jumping the shark.

Spoilery predictions and thoughts below
    Future Peter has managed to re-grow his nuts, despite my earlier statements...now he's just not terribly smart. If only he could absorb intelligence...

I think Nikki/Jessica(the dead one, not the split persona)/Tracey are triplets or some manner of experiment on the part of Linderman & Adam Monroe/Kensei. One of Monroe's old alias's was "Sanders", and there's a certain familial resemblance. Plus they're both seemingly evil & unhinged...which is also genetic.

The idea that there are a limited set of powers to go around is kinda interesting.
    Lets see who's powers are doubled up:

Painting the future: Isaac, and the new mysterious African guy.
    Freezing: Tracey can freeze stuff ala Sylar/Mollys dead dad.
    Healing: Claire and Adam Monroe
    Flight: Nathan and Claire's old BF West.
    Super Strength: Niki and this new guy Knox (maybe she needed fear as well, and never realized it?)
    Pyro: Claire's mom and the bald villain
    Electricity: Elle and Future Ando

Sylar.....a Petrelli? Thats just a little lame a melodramatic. Unless Mama Petrelli is just full of shit...and it wouldnt be the first time, so...if she were just lying and manipulating him that will be cooler.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    First off - this thread is FULL OF SPOILERS. If you don't want to read spoilers, why the hell are you in here? GET OUT :D:D

Angela did sleep around with Kaito. Sylar could be their kid, maybe placed in foster care by Angela. Don't see how it would be lame or melodramatic, as their relationship was revealed in season 2 (you knew it would come into the story at some point! ;) ).

Good call on Niki, sounds like a promising theory.

I think the show is far from jumping the shark though. This 2hr episode was much better than all of season 2 was, imo.

The thought of everyone having powers is certainly scary. Human's crave power, so I could only imagine the outcome. Just look at what it did to innocent Ando!
  • Parnell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Parnell polycounter lvl 18
    I thought this was border line good/bad.

I mean come on the "Should've had Sprint?!" UGH

Other parts were ok some great, but at other parts I almost felt like I was watching the Star Wars prequels...where i wanted it to be awesome, but it just felt not quite the same. I noticed they were explaining a lot of things they didn't need to either. I figure that's just because of the huge break, and i hope after this ramp up they don't continue to explain the obvious.
    B
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    there was a lot of balls out awesome in there, but there was also a lot of "meh".

i suppose the "LOL SUPERVILLANZ!!!" had to happen eventually, but there comes a point where you just HAVE to think "wait... a german with magnetic powers... where have i seen that before?".
    there was also a slight hickup in Angelas dream, in that claire was decapitated and clearly a bit dead. now, when sylar was poking around in her head, she could move her mouth and stuff.

he then had to drop the bombshell. "you can never die". wow... so, she's REALLY immortal? i know Adam says "don't lose your head pete, there's no coming back from that". but at the same time, has he ever tried? not to mention, Sylars actual power, is to look at something and instantly know exactly how it works. so when sylar looks in clairs head and sees "immortal", i think i'd rather take his word, than adams guessing.

it's pretty clear that Nathan is being controlled by Matts dad, who's managed to either find a way to ressurect linderman, or is just giving nathan a recognisable figure to deal with.
  • Keg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Keg polycounter lvl 18
    Anyone else notice the white queen reference?
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    spoiler tags gir
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster wrote: »
    spoiler tags gir
    why? if you don't want spoilers, don't read the thread.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    because people post reminders about the show, and other details about upcoming heroes events... and some people don't want spoilers mixed in to that info.
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    that's understandable, but tagging discussion about broadcast episodes is pointless
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    It was a sweet opening for the new season! Can't wait to see the gang of villains face off against a group of heroes!
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    lol, we already saw that in Angelas dream. the heroes got their asses handed to them.
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Also: Did anybody else think the whole Mohinder Suresh powers bit was an Homage to David Cronenbergs The Fly? Suresh as Dr. Seth Brundle?...aka Jeff Goldblum?

Long dark haired scientist who lives in an industrial type loft doing crazy experiments tries his stuff on himself...
    Then due to a genetic change discovers super strength, agility, increased sexual aggression, wall walking.... flipping around and hanging from rafters...then later discovering the monstrous mutating side-effects?
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    Ill be Damn, Its marlo Steinfield!.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Also: Did anybody else think the whole Mohinder Suresh powers bit was an Homage to David Cronenbergs The Fly? Suresh as Dr. Seth Brundle?...aka Jeff Goldblum?

Long dark haired scientist who lives in an industrial type loft doing crazy experiments tries his stuff on himself...
    Then due to a genetic change discovers super strength, agility, increased sexual aggression, wall walking.... flipping around and hanging from rafters...then later discovering the monstrous mutating side-effects?

Haha very true. It'll be great to see him mutate as well as seeing more heroes who look like mutants.
  • Mezz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mezz polycounter lvl 8
    Interesting theory about Nikki/and all other personas, but you've forgotten about that random one that decided to show up in Season 2 and took her out partying and getting her hubby killed and all... So, quintplets? lol

It was a pretty interesting first two epis, but did anyone else think some of the characters were getting a bit out of character...? Like Suresh's insistence about the syrum to what's-her-South-American-face, and being completely unable to understand her point of you? I thought that brash closed-mindedness was a bit unlike him...
    And Peter deciding to go back and change things and then being incredibly dumb and messing everything up. Is that REALLY like him? And putting HIMSELF in the highest level secutiry prison trapped as another guy! Sure, he's from the future, but a person can only change so much...

But heck, by the end of the second episode where all the level 5 guys escaped and are about to run around and cause havoc... Ok, now I'm interested :D
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mezz wrote: »
    Interesting theory about Nikki/and all other personas, but you've forgotten about that random one that decided to show up in Season 2 and took her out partying and getting her hubby killed and all... So, quintplets? lol

Nah. That was Niki Sanders. Always was and the "Jessica" we've all come to know is just garden variety psychosis, aka multiple personality disorder.
    There WAS a real Jessica Sanders, who was the twin they established was real but supposedly dead as a child in the 1st season. Killed by her abusive alcoholic father.

Niki's power was super strength. Thats it.
    Tracey's power is to freeze stuff.
    We have no idea what Jessica's power was, if anything.

Of course...this is all based upon what I've deduced from watching the show so I could be totally wrong.
  • Super
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Super polycounter lvl 18
    What a mess. Christ.
  • e-freak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gnah - they started showing Season 2 this month in germany and I've already seen it. Season 3 will be aired most probably after airing whole Season 1 and 2 the second time :S

Anyone know how or where to see Season 3 if you're not in North America?
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    e-freak, you can see it on NBC.com.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I felt the same Scooby... as soon as he started peeling his skin, I started having flashbacks of The Fly.
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    I thought Suresh was more inline with Beast. Similar powers, experimenting on himself, transforming into something beastly, etc...
  • Keg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Keg polycounter lvl 18
    Vassago wrote: »
    e-freak, you can see it on NBC.com.

No, no you can't. Only if you're in America you can view it. In Canada and elsewhere you can not view the videos.

If I recall it's to do with copyright or broadcast issues for various countries.
  • e-freak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've gotten my hands now on the first two episodes... can anyone explain to me if i mistook the scene or why did Jesse call Nathan to watch out for himself (Peter-looking?)