Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oniram polycounter lvl 16
  • Marcus Dublin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marcus Dublin polycounter lvl 17
    Lots of updates! :)

These guys were made for a game in development called Ironbound. They're part of the infantry solider class. The guy with the red trim is a variant.

InfantryResistanceMD.jpg
    InfantryRailGunnerMD.jpg

Here are a couple of characters that I made for the upcoming game Nexiuz.

KavussariHeavyABP01.jpg
    KavussariLightABP01.jpg

Special Agents 46 & 2 are two personal pieces that I'm hammering out in
    my spare time. The next update will feature fully textured & rigged models.

SpecialAgent46.jpg
    SpecialAgent46_2.jpg
    SpecialAgent2.jpg
    SpecialAgent2_2.jpg
  • konstruct
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    konstruct polycounter lvl 18
    OH SNAP its the kav!
  • Mcejn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mcejn polycounter lvl 12
    Very nice characters.

Awesome sculpts!
  • Jeremy-S
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy-S polycounter lvl 11
    Excellent work as always, Marcus. Great sculpts, and of course, great texture work. I'm still a big fan of yours, and I'm really glad to see you posting some more.
  • Low
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Low
    Awesome work. Keep up with the impressive work.

So if I cut your head off I'll get your power...that's how it works no?
  • MM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MM polycounter lvl 17
    nice work on the sculpts Marcus! one small suggestion, you could add a bit of asymmetry and chaos to the packs and gears so that they are not so neatly placed. for example, one knee pad could be lower than the other and slightly different angle.
    anyways, looking forward to the textures.
  • Marcus Dublin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks as always for the comments guys! You keep me motivated :).

konstruct: OH SNAP its the kav!

:poly121: I'm glad someone recognized them. Hopefully more people will once the game is out.

Mcejn: Very nice characters.

Awesome sculpts!

Thanks!

Jeremy-S: Excellent work as always, Marcus. Great sculpts, and of course, great texture work. I'm still a big fan of yours, and I'm really glad to see you posting some more.

Thanks man. I'm trying to keep up appearances :poly136: By the way I need to see what you've been up to these days.

Low: Awesome work. Keep up with the impressive work.

So if I cut your head off I'll get your power...that's how it works no?

The world would be a much scarier place if the myth of Highlander were true. Then again... um never mind :shifty:.

MM: nice work on the sculpts Marcus! one small suggestion, you could add a bit of asymmetry and chaos to the packs and gears so that they are not so neatly placed. for example, one knee pad could be lower than the other and slightly different angle.
    anyways, looking forward to the textures.

Good call Mashru! I'll make sure to add those tweaks before hitting the low poly stage.
  • Marcus Dublin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Guys,

It's been a while since I posted something new. Here's one of the latest characters that I've been working on, "The Ninja". This like some of my other pieces will be getting a texture pass sometime in the new year. It's one of my New Years resolutions :).

Thanks in advance for any comments.

Ninja_Sculpt.jpg
  • BoBo_the_seal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BoBo_the_seal polycounter lvl 18
    Nice work Marcus! I really dig the Agents a lot.
  • konstruct
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    konstruct polycounter lvl 18
    NICE!

I recognize the kav because i`m working on that game. From time to time I have to poke at your files too :P. The Photoshop files are especially nice. ABP FTW
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    Ironbound :) Nice man. I've done most of the work on the enviro side for that game. :)
  • BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    great work! I really dig the wrinkles you sculpted on that last one.
  • Pedro Amorim
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Love them all!
  • megalmn2000
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    megalmn2000 polycounter lvl 13
  • Bychop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bychop polycounter lvl 7
    Gorgeous work! I love them!
  • Marcus Dublin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BoBo_the_seal: Thanks man, they were a blast to work on. Now I just need to find the time to finish them :\. Looking forward to seeing your latest works by the way.

konstruct: I'm glad to see a super talented fellow such as yourself working on it :poly121:. Thanks for the texture shout out.

Jesse Moody: Hopefully that project will continue to mature. Looking forward to seeing your work in game.

BradMyers82: Thanks, glad you like! By the way you've got some nice work on your site. The dogs sculpts are ace!

Pedro Amorim: Much appreciated!

megalmn2000: Thanks.

Bychop: Thanks.
  • Marcus Dublin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Guys,

Long time no post!

The images below are of a character that recently I made for a master class / lecture that I gave at SCAD (Savannah College of Art and Design). Great institution by the way! The Outlander character was the focus of two very lengthy presentations that covered my entire character art pipeline. Both the students and faculty were given access to my working files during the presentation and they all found them quite educational. Therefore, I decided to make the model and texture (SDK) files available for download to the wider 3d art community. The resolution of the textures were reduced from the original source files (4k & 2k), however they should still be serviceable for learning, modding, and viewing purposes. That said, feel free to use the provided materials to create your own variant skins and mesh attachments. Have fun!

Main Download Link: https://hotfile.com/dl/153244150/a82a5cf/Outlander_Files_v1.1.rar.html

Mirror Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?ucwlcqki54dfa7a

Outlander_Oneshot.jpg
    Outlander_Render.jpg
    Outlander_Highpoly_s.jpg
    Outlander_Concept.jpg
  • njc6425
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Love the creature with the wings, looks so cool :) loving the sculpts
  • Marcus Dublin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    njc6425 wrote: »
    Love the creature with the wings, looks so cool :) loving the sculpts

Thanks!
  • Fred2303
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fred2303 polycounter lvl 7
    aww man! all does goes straight to my inspiration folder!!
    kick ass stuff!!
  • JFletcher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JFletcher polycounter lvl 13
    Amazing work man, very inspiring stuff, thank you for sharing. :)
  • Samfisher84
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Samfisher84 polycounter lvl 9
  • Stromberg90
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stromberg90 polycounter lvl 11
    Great work, thanks for sharing textures and such :)
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    sexy shit, thanks for coming to scad man. a lot of good stuff was shared.
  • Marcus Dublin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ChrisPerr: sexy shit, thanks for coming to scad man. a lot of good stuff was shared.

My pleasure. You guys were a great bunch:)!

Thanks for the comments and feedback guys, I really appreciate it!

I started this insect creature sculpt few days ago and finally wrapped it up. I've got a few more creature ideas knocking around my head and I'll be posting updates as they're completed.

Insect_Creature_WP_01.jpg
  • raging_river
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    raging_river polycounter lvl 11
    Loving your attention to detail :)
  • El Scorcho
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cool stuff Marcus, how is it that get so much detail in your sculpts? Do you just subdivide to 10m or more or do you have several subtools?
  • Marcus Dublin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    raging_river Loving your attention to detail

Thanks

El Scorcho wrote: »
    Cool stuff Marcus, how is it that get so much detail in your sculpts? Do you just subdivide to 10m or more or do you have several subtools?

I don't believe that I'm doing anything out of the ordinary, I just subdivide to the appropriate level before adding my detail pass. Sometimes my meshes can soar past the 50 million poly mark (including all mesh elements / subtools). Granted, this can get pretty ridiculous in Mudbox though as I have files that easily clock over 5 gigs. Thankfully however I have two work stations that each have 24 gigs of ram :), this affords me the luxury to be a little cavalier with the subd levels.
  • Lephenix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lephenix polycounter lvl 6
    That's truly amazing, i hope i'll reach your level one day.
  • El Scorcho
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    50 mil polys, 5 gig files 24 gigs of RAM! Sweet gebus that's livin LARGE! I so don't miss working with those montrous file sizes in Mudbox though. My Zbrush files are usually only a couple hundred mbs.
  • erroldynamic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    erroldynamic polycounter lvl 18
    Nice looking critter there! Always great to see new work from you.
  • garriola83
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    garriola83 greentooth
    ive followed you since i was in college, i will follow you still
  • Marcus Dublin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Some of my latest creature works. I made the Saber tooth cat last month but I forgot to post so here it is. He was sculpted in Mudbox. The Stingray sea creature was done over a pretty slow weekend. It was sculpted in Zbrush from a single sphere.

garriola83: ive followed you since i was in college, i will follow you still

Thanks for showing an interest in my work, it's much appreciated!

Rion411: Nice looking critter there! Always great to see new work from you.

Thanks, I hope you dig the new ones as well.

That's truly amazing, i hope i'll reach your level one day.

:poly139: You've just made me blush a bit. Hehe.

SaberToothCat.jpg
    StingrayCreatureRender.jpg
  • Bee-Bee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I remember the sabertooth from your site but I'm still not tired of looking at it. :) His anatomy holds up well and the face is quite nice. If you were a robot I'd mention how cool it would be to see him painted and baked down but I'm sure you'll be too busy for that. I definitely haven't seen that stingray type creature before. That's a pretty cool design and allows for a more interesting silhouette. For some reason I always get really creeped out by the mouths on those things. :)
  • Saig
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've got to love the saber-toothed cat - he's got such a great snarly face. :) I especially appreciate the way his lower lip hangs down and folds... That's a level of realism I rarely see on big feline-type monsters.

Also, thanks again for visiting SCAD back in the spring and giving me a portfolio review! I was blown away by your work when you did the workshop and have been following your art since. Truly excellent stuff!!
  • Marcus Dublin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bee-Bee: I remember the sabertooth from your site but I'm still not tired of looking at it. His anatomy holds up well and the face is quite nice. If you were a robot I'd mention how cool it would be to see him painted and baked down but I'm sure you'll be too busy for that. I definitely haven't seen that stingray type creature before. That's a pretty cool design and allows for a more interesting silhouette. For some reason I always get really creeped out by the mouths on those things.

I actually got around to making a lower res mesh and I plan on texturing the sabertooth over the upcoming holiday break. I'll be sure to post an update when he's done:)!

Saig: I've got to love the saber-toothed cat - he's got such a great snarly face. I especially appreciate the way his lower lip hangs down and folds... That's a level of realism I rarely see on big feline-type monsters.

Also, thanks again for visiting SCAD back in the spring and giving me a portfolio review! I was blown away by your work when you did the workshop and have been following your art since. Truly excellent stuff!!

Thanks all around! Hopefully I can get out to SCAD again in the near future to host another class. You guys were great.

Here are two characters that I made for Counter Strike: Global Offensive. If you're interested in seeing some of the other terrorist characters featured in the game then head over to Art Bully Productions The other team members who contributed to the game did a fantastic job!

PhoenixConnectionRender.jpg
    PhoenixConnectionRenderSculpt.jpg
    SeparatistRender.jpg
    SeparatistRenderSculpt.jpg
  • BarnabyJones
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hey Marcus nice to see you posting your characters from cs:go are nice great high polys and your anatomy is flawless. I had the pleasure of attending your master class at scad and we still have the recording up I reference that pdf you made like a bible if any of you haven't checked it out you should some super great tips and tricks in there not to mention a solid workflow. Also you should totally come back to SCAD I can't speak for the department but I know I would appreciate seeing your work in person again.
  • Marcus Dublin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BarnabyJones: hey Marcus nice to see you posting your characters from cs:go are nice great high polys and your anatomy is flawless. I had the pleasure of attending your master class at scad and we still have the recording up I reference that pdf you made like a bible if any of you haven't checked it out you should some super great tips and tricks in there not to mention a solid workflow. Also you should totally come back to SCAD I can't speak for the department but I know I would appreciate seeing your work in person again.

Thanks all around! As for SCAD, I'll see what the New Year brings. My schedule is a bit murky atm, but I'll try and work something out if possible.

I had a little time to myself over the holiday to work on this guy.

HellBeast.jpg
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    You worked on CS:GO XO Awesome!
  • Marcus Dublin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey folks,

Here's a character that I made for my follow up visit to SCAD (Savannah College of Art and Design). The Grulon character was the focus my workshop / lecture; which primarily focused on concept design, digital sculpting, and texture / material creation. As for the subject matter; I wanted to create a character that could potentially work in the Mass Effect universe. I went with an alien race that was somewhat amphibious in nature. The alien race is supposed to be one with their surroundings; therefore, they use the materials in their habitat to fashion their armor and weaponry.

On a side note, I plan on releasing a video time-lapse of the sculpting process. I hope to have it up on youtube soon.

Grulon_SnapShot_01.jpg
    Grulon_Character_UnArmored_Render_01.jpg
    Grulon_Character_Armored_Render_01.jpg
    Grulon_Sculpt_UnArmored_Render_01.jpg
    Grulon_Sculpt_Armored_Render_01.jpg
    Grulon3d_OutfitConcepts_01.jpg
    Grulon_Wires_01.jpg
    GrulonBody_TextureSheets.jpg
    GrulonArmor_TextureSheets.jpg
  • rollin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rollin polycounter
    hey really nice stuff.. cool designs and execution!
  • MM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MM polycounter lvl 17
    nice work Marcus, although i think the materials need more love. use some skin shader either in cry or udk or even marmoset.
    also, the gloss maps are just flat colors and in order to really see some nice variety in material i suggest painting variations in the gloss map and add some of the AO into it.
    nice texture work anyways.
  • Marcus Dublin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rollin: hey really nice stuff.. cool designs and execution!

Thanks!

MM: nice work Marcus, although i think the materials need more love. use some skin shader either in cry or udk or even marmoset.
    also, the gloss maps are just flat colors and in order to really see some nice variety in material i suggest painting variations in the gloss map and add some of the AO into it.
    nice texture work anyways.

Thanks for the feedback and the gloss map tip. I normally paint some subtle variations into my gloss maps (evident in the character texture sheet), but it never occurred to me to overlay AO maps. I'll have to give that a go on my follow up pieces. As for the skin shader, there is one applied to the character's body. The texture wasn't posted before, so you missed it. Although I used the Cryengine 3 in my lecture, I chose to render the images out in 3ds max using Vray instead, which in my opinion gives far better results than Cryengine3.
  • Marcus Dublin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Latest creature work.

This piece initially started out as just a quick weekend sculpt, and I liked it so much I decided to turn it into a fully textured low poly model. By the way, this was the first model that I fully textured in Mari. The render was done in Vray.

Landprey_Render_01.jpg
    LandpreySculptRender.jpg
    Landprey_Wires_01.jpg
    Landprey_TextureMaps.jpg
  • BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    I really dig the color in that diffuse! The low poly and high poly are top notch also, great work as always~!
  • Marcus Dublin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I really dig the color in that diffuse! The low poly and high poly are top notch also, great work as always~!

Thanks for commenting Brad!

Below are some of my latest works.

I worked up a few human head studies in Zbrush. I was inspired by the fantastic character art from the Last of us, and so I wanted to do something along the same lines. These models will be getting their hair treatment during the low poly phase; stay tuned.

In addition to the head sculpts is my latest creature. I'm planning on giving it a full texture treatment. For now I wanted to show off the sculpt.

WhiteMaleHead_Sculpt_01.jpg
    BlackMaleHead_Sculpt_01.jpg
    AsianMaleHead_Sculpt_01.jpg
    WhiteFemaleHead_Sculpt_01.jpg
    BlackFemaleHead_Sculpt_01.jpg
    AsianFemaleHead_Sculpt_01.jpg
    Impregnator_Sculpt_Render_01.jpg
  • CJE
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CJE polycounter lvl 13
    Very nice head sculpts Marcus. I also really like the creature design, looking forward to seeing it with textures.
  • Marcus Dublin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CJE wrote: »
    Very nice head sculpts Marcus. I also really like the creature design, looking forward to seeing it with textures.

Thanks, I'm glad you like!