Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Sci-fi female suit [WIP]

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
karakan polycounter lvl 8
Hey there

I decided it's a good time to create some more ambitious hard surface piece in ZBrush. I chose a female character in sci-fi suit. Below you can check my 3D concept mesh. Basically it's a single DynaMesh for the suit and another one for the body beneath it. The next step will be making clean separate meshes for each part of the character.

I'm working in Zbrush 4R6. Don't have any concept art for the model, just a reference sheet with a lot of different sci-fi designs to help me with ideas :)

I'm working on this project n a free time, after work. Right now I'd like to finish the clean high poly version with detail, maybe make a low poly (or mid poly) version, pose it and texture in Substance Painter. I also think about 3D printing, as maybe I will have a possibility to do it. Still I'm not sure about the 3D printer type I should use on such a model and have no idea about the smaller part of the character (ear-antennae things or boots parts).

Give me some feedback folks :) What do you think? Maybe someone can tell something about 3D printing such models?
Thanks in advance and enjoy!

xyOhFqP.png

Replies

• karakan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    karakan polycounter lvl 8
    Hey there!

One year has passed since I posted this concept mesh above. I didn't have time to fully finished this project, but I managed to make more or less finished high poly sculpt. It still needs to be posed properly before moving any further, but here you can check the renders.

On the first post you can see the first iteration of the concept mesh. Below you can see that I decided to change the design of some parts after getting some feedback which pointed out some inconsistencies in the overall look. 

Whole model sculpted and rendered in Zbrush only. Post in Photoshop.

Artstation here: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/rZkkO