Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

(NSFW) Silly Female for 3D print

Replies

• Texelion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Texelion polycounter lvl 8
    Well it could be cool if I could make the texture already, because I can't... I merged the subtools, dynameshed, make it hollow, and decimated to fit under the 1Mil polygons limit. But when I make the UV with uv master and then try to bake the vertexcolor, it doesn't work...

The only solution I found is to do that on every separated subtool... if I merge and dynamesh the character, it doesn't work...

And I have to find a realiable site to get the right exporter for Max to export a WRL file... shapeways is a huge pain in the ass, seriously...
  • Texelion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey it's me again ^^.

Well, thanks to some people I managed to finish the first character, and started the second one. It's almost done, after 2 days of work ( the color is in progress, I'll finish tomorrow ) :

kitsune_01.jpg

As usual the client requested bigger boobs, which make the character look even worse imo, but well, the clien't always right, right ?

I'll start her sister tomorrow ( basically the same with different hair, eyes, tail and pose ).
  • frmdbl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    frmdbl polycounter
    Is it still going to be printed in sandstone?
    If so I think the overhang on the boobs and the tail is way too big.

http://www.shapeways.com/materials/sandstone
    Hanging structures are not printable - Any structure that has a hanging structure is likely to break. This includes the end piece in an unsupported, heavy object, as pictured. Another example of something that would break is a miniature of a person with an arm sticking straight out. The arm would break off.
  • Texelion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sandstone is THAT fragile ? Well I told my client they were too big, he still wanted them bigger, not really my problem, he will find out when he print it, after I'm getting paid...

Could it be printed in other materials ?
  • frmdbl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    frmdbl polycounter
    Admittedly I've only printed models in detail, ultra detail plastics and white strong & flexible,

but from what they say on the material's page, sandstone is like wet sand during the printing process.
  • Dimfist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dimfist polycounter lvl 8
    Those should be fine in other materials. They usually have bridges while printing which they take off when the process is done.
  • Slaught
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slaught polycounter lvl 18
    Too bad, this is great work otherwise and these could be so much nicer with a realistic bust.

I've had a few models printed in sandstone and I agree, those beachballs will probably give you trouble when 3d printed.
    Printing in plastic shouldn't be a problem but the sandstone has to be lowered into a bath of glue and sealant right after printing and it's very fragile when it comes out of the printer.
  • Doran
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've only printed in plastic but sandstone I think the above posters are correct, there would be weight issues with the bust, like those things might just fall off even if it prints out correctly.

Awesome work though. Really nice job on the form / legs especially.
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Making fan characters brings in great money and loyal customers. I'm about to start my first one very soon. (mechanical dragon monster)
  • Texelion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    They can print the first character I did ( see page 2 ) in sandstone, she has big boobs too, but smaller than this one. I told my client about the balance problem, he just doesn't listen ^^. And he absolutely wants to print in color... Anybody whom already worked for a client who doesn't know a damn about 3D and stuff will understand how hard it is.

Also the characters are printed in 18-20cm, so they should be really heavy.
  • PyrZern
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PyrZern polycounter lvl 12
    ... I can seriously see this 3d printed girl BREAK in half ! Right at her waist. Upper half will fall forward and lower half will fall back.
  • Fnitrox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fnitrox polycounter lvl 6
    Sandstone is printend in a completely different way than most melted wire printed materials... it builds layers of a white powder like materials which gets hardened by some chemicals and colored by the ink at the same time.

So it's self supporting, but it needs some serious cleanup later. It probably wont break during printing and but it'd defintly be a risk to handle it during shipping and such. Probably making it hollow in the breasts but you'd need to make some thinkering since i don't think all the body can be hollow in sandstone either : /

btw: the sculpting is nice and will definetly print well, even leaving aside the boobies size preferences xD

EDIT: 18-20 cm? that's quite big even for a figure... well it'd be your client problem i guess.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    If you seperated the tail and printed her lying on her back, you should be able to get away with it. Could always split her on the underwear seam if that makes her too long to print.
  • Abrvpt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Abrvpt polycounter lvl 4
    Looks good ! Apart for those giant nonsenses I'm a bit bothered by the mouth, according to the position of the teeth the upper lip has almost no thickness, so I'll push back the teeth inside the mouth? But if your client is fine with the model as it is, no need to change anything. =)
    But prepare yourself to make even more bigger boobs... :p
  • Coontang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Coontang polycounter lvl 5
    Texelion wrote: »
    And I have to find a realiable site to get the right exporter for Max to export a WRL file... shapeways is a huge pain in the ass, seriously...

I had a go at getting one of my models printed in sandstone. It didn't work in the end as some areas were too thin but the process I used was: polypaint with separate subtools, merge all subtools, dynamesh them together, decimate to 1 mil and then use Zbrush's 3D print export plugin. It can export a .wrl (VRML) with vertex colours, so no need to make UVs.
  • Stinkfoot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinkfoot polycounter lvl 11
    even bigger?! I'd say just remove the body and just print the two boobs cause you wont even see whats behind those gazooms! again, good job ;).
  • Texelion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That's exactly what I said, I could just sculpt the boobs, no need for a character ^^. The next ones will have boobs so big that they touch the ground. But at least I guess it could be printed without any problem.

Coontang : the problem is that the decomation makes shitty polypaint, you can't have any detail on a big character decimated to 1Mil, like the eyes for example, it looks really bad I tried. That's why they ask for a texture map. But I have a good pipeline now which allows me to do that quiclky enough, it's just painful because evrytime I need to change something in the geometry, I have to go back in Dynamesh, and it destroys the UVs...

Abrvpt : I'll change that mouth thanks.

Jackablade : not a bad idea. We'll ask Shapeways if it can be printed "as is" and if it doesn't work I'll try that.

Also, for the first model ( Vulnoa ), they said that the holes to clean the inside are not big enough, and that I should put more of them ( I did put one on the ass and one under the tails, where we can't see them ). They said that they are usually put under the feet, but the feet are not wide enough to be connected to the hollow part, it's a bit stupid... the "wall-thickness" must be at least 3mm, and the ankles are like 3.5mm...
  • spiderDude
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    spiderDude polycounter lvl 8
    The only thing bugging me is the size of that ribbon knot, its smaller than the whole band going around her. Other than that its looking nice.
  • Texelion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, it was like this on the ref, and a big ribbon would be more expensive to print ( it's amazing how some centimeters can change the price... ).

Anyway, here is the other one. Still need to work on the body a bit, but I'll need to go dynamesh to continue.

kitsune_02.jpg

The next one won't have such massive boobs. ^^
  • Decoyz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hillarious comission!
    i love their forms, but I would like to see a version of your recent 2 figures with more normal sized breasts though.
  • M4rt3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    M4rt3 polycounter lvl 5
    ahahah furry boobies!
    btw good job with the foxy lady. Is it possible to see a photo of the printed model ? (i'm just curious about the result °-° )
  • Texelion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I took my shovel to dig this thread up... because I started doing this again. But this time not only am I doing commissions for people, but I'll work with known artists to create 3D printed models of their characters.

So, here are the latest girls I did. Most of them are "bad", but honestly, as far as the client is happy, it's good for me. And they are done really quickly to reduce the cost, so I can't really put a lot of time in them.

Warning, boobs and dicks ahead !

tina_3d_print_by_texelion-d8pf88j.jpg

dixie_3d_print_by_texelion-d8pf760.jpg

icy_3d_print_by_texelion-d8pf9i9.jpg

vixen_3d_print_by_texelion-d8pws3e.jpg

3d_print___barbarian_penny_by_texelion-d8r8ocp.jpg

3d_print___elaine_applebottom_by_texelion-d8spxt9.jpg

beverly_3d_print_by_texelion-d8t3431.jpg

1978761_orig.jpg

938765_orig.jpg

My clients have silly tastes...

Here are non-printable chars for another client :

tracy_wip03.jpg

rayne_wip01.jpg

Aaaand the last one, Syx from Manaworld. The owner is intersted in creating a series of figurines for his fans, so I'll probably do more than one ^^.

syx_wip04_by_texelion-d8ua9b9.jpg

For those interested, I have some photos of the printed ones :

%5E6CCA307755396E09A32C128809CC8031E756828A02D4A3F3EE%5Epimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg

%5E59F20040518C278EC675488CD2A1BDC6CE97B1695C769521A0%5Epimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg

hyper_kitsune_trixie_3d_printed_figure_by_blitza-d830bnc.jpg
  • Cheeky_Pickle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cheeky_Pickle polycounter lvl 9
    Holy crap haha! Those nips!

Looks great though, really cool in 3D :)
  • lotet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    the crazy thing is these are actually turning out pretty good xD
    also, you have definitely gotten better at doing these since the first one.
  • Floreum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Floreum polycounter lvl 9
    Great work dude, love your work. But one thing that caught my eye was your Icy character. The snout feels a little out of place for such a stylized piece. I think what you could do is smooth out the nose bridge, pull in the snout and blend the cheek bones with the side of the snout. That way it wont be as blunt looking.

I've done a couple of anthro critters too. So maybe this will help as well.
    f074e424b6.jpgea20933a2f.jpg
  • Texelion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah those anthros manga faces are a nightmare, no nose, no nostrils, no lips, no eyelids, no nothing...
  • Skamberin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skamberin polycounter lvl 13
    Jeez man... The quality is top notch here just, man, your clients have their tastes, that's for sure :P

Your upcoming work is looking good anyway, cool that the 3D prints came out not falling apart too :P

There is a lot of money to be made on furries/anime fans, someone I know makes about $500 per commission with her stuff, goddamned goldmine if you can stomach it :P
  • Texelion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah furries spend a lot on their fetish, won't complain, it's nice for the artists, at least they value their job.

Here is my current commission, a fat minotaur girl. Not printable this one.

excellia_wip02_by_texelion-d8vbxqk.jpg

Anatomy is probably messed up, I only have a single ref for the pose and I don't have the time to do an anatomy study honestly...
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

3d_print___barbarian_penny_by_texelion-d8r8ocp.jpg

3d_print___elaine_applebottom_by_texelion-d8spxt9.jpg

syx_wip04_by_texelion-d8ua9b9.jpg

%5E59F20040518C278EC675488CD2A1BDC6CE97B1695C769521A0%5Epimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg

These in particular are badass!

Keep up the great work man! I cant' wait to see more.
  • Alemja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alemja hero character
    As silly as there characters are, I'm pleasantly surprised how they worked as 3D prints, you've managed to handle the proportions very well. I don't even know how I would go about with making some of those breasts!
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So... does Trixie Futa have two penises... with nipples on them?

Maybe I don't want an answer to that.
  • Texelion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    No, the dicks have foreskin, not nipples ^^.

Anyway, here are two personal projects for future prints. I'm planning on starting a Patreon and I need content for it.

A realistic hentai tentacle girl :

2714972_orig.jpg

This one is an old character, but I thought she could be nice as a print. I re-did the face with a new basemesh, and someone back in the day said that the gun I did was too sharp, compared to the round and soft design of the girl. So I did a new gun too with smooth shapes.

lana_love_wip01_by_texelion-d8vg15o.jpg

And here is a prototype for a litle scene, using well known characters to attract new clients ( because honestly most people only care about fan arts... ). Maybe I'll print them for myself some day.

jessica_x_holli_wip02_by_texelion-d8tm78f.jpg

Just for fun, here is an evolution of my sculpting skills on Jessica ^^ :

jessica_evolution_by_texelion-d8sv71n.jpg
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Would you potentially put these up on Shapeways for people to print on demand? I've been toying with the idea of doing something similar and am kind of interested to see what sort of turnover is possible. I guess the Jessica Rabbit one might be an issue given its someone elses IP.
  • Texelion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I won't put any fan art for sale, no, that's illegal. And my own creations, Shapeways only accept safe for work stuff in public stores. That's why I'm looking for people to share their characters with me, like Syx or Penny, so we can sell them without having to worry about copyrights.

If I create a Patreon I might put fan arts as rewards for patrons, but I asked a lawyer, it's illegal too ( meaning that, like, 90% of Patreon is illegal content ). The IP owners either tolerate it, or don't know about it.
  • Spiffy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spiffy polycounter lvl 12
    Floreum wrote: »

I've done a couple of anthro critters too. So maybe this will help as well.
    f074e424b6.jpg

Ken Ashcorp?... I attempted some fan art a few years back but I never finished it. Lost the file though, only have a few early screenshots left.

Top notch work Tex, I love the colours and everything looks so clean.
  • tahakitan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tahakitan polycounter lvl 9
    the breast seem a bit small. you might wanna make them even bigger!
  • spiderDude
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I won't put any fan art for sale, no, that's illegal. And my own creations, Shapeways only accept safe for work stuff in public stores. That's why I'm looking for people to share their characters with me, like Syx or Penny, so we can sell them without having to worry about copyrights.

If I create a Patreon I might put fan arts as rewards for patrons, but I asked a lawyer, it's illegal too ( meaning that, like, 90% of Patreon is illegal content ). The IP owners either tolerate it, or don't know about it.

Texelion, these are all looking great!!

Yea, I've been toying around with the idea of Patreon as well. I've been doing freelance Miniature sculpts and want to do my own thing. I just haven't figured out what rewards to offer and then the whole Fan Art issue...although Sakimichan seems to be doing just fine, lol.
  • Texelion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Damn Dude, I'm gonna have some serious competition if you do a patreon like this ^^. We seem to have like the exact same tastes ( wanted to do Lady Death and Tarot of the Black Rose too some day ), we could even do some kind of team to create a patreon. Didn't I add you on Skype some time ago ? We never talked, I think we should, I got plans for patreon already. And it would be nice sharing some knowledge too.

Also, I have nothing against Sakimichan in particular or other artists, but I wish someone would take action against all those people making money thanks to IPs they don't own. Not only is it illegal ( and I don't understand why Patreon does nothing against that... oh wait... they take a big fat share of the profits... ), but it's totally unfair for artists who want to create something of their own, because people just prefer fan arts.

It's something that's really bugging me lately, did a lot of research. Some people say that doing one-of-a-kind fan art commission is legal... well it's not, I asked a lawyer. And some say Patreon is OK because the money are donations and they don't pay for a product. Well that's wrong too, it's illegal either way. In fact ANY fan art is illegal, because you can't use someone's IP without their consent. "Free" fanarts are widely tolerated, but making money out of it is a bit more complicated...
  • spiderDude
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yea, I haven't been too good with Skype, lol, but recently I'm on more often. Patreon and shapeways is filled with fan art stuff. It's definitely an area to tread cautiously and things can get hairy really quickly if the IP owner notices.

Anyways, keep it up! Your sculpts are coming along great and I'll definitely contact you on skype.
  • TAN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TAN polycounter lvl 12
    TET4SXk.gif

Bless this whole thread ! :D

I found a comrade :D

Great work mate ! Bloody great work ! :D

And I have tougt my models were too "well endorsed" :D
  • Francois_K
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Francois_K interpolator
    I'm so weirded out but the sculpts are great nonetheless.

Do you export them like that or do you separate the arms and props to be printed seperately?
  • Texelion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It depends on the character type and the size. Syx for example is printed as a whole, but she's only 12cm tall. A bigger print would need to be hollow and requires an escape hole to empty the powder inside, so I would need to cut it, print parts separately.

All the furries are done like that, they are generally 20cm tall, Vixen is even 30cm. The tail and base are separated, emptied, printed separately and then plugged back together with specific pins and holes. There is a hole in the back of the character to plug the tail, a hole in the tail, holes in the base to plug the feet...

Here, I took some screens to show you :

pins01.jpg

pins02.jpg

But each character is dfferent, big tails need to be hollow too, so they have a hole, and there can be a pin to plug them on the base to make the character more stable. The insert brush permits to create pins with custom shapes and use them to substract a hole of that exact shape so they fit perfectly once printed.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Have you had any problems with breakage? The coloured print material you were using isn't exactly tough. I'd be concerned about the blue lady there snapping off at the ankles with all that weight at the front, even if it is hollowed.
  • Texelion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I don't know if those got printed, but the clients never complained so I guess it worked. Maybe sandtsone is not that fragile once it's dry and coated.

Anyway if it breaks after printing it's not my problem ^^. I don't mind modifying the model if Shapeways says it's not printable ( charging extra if it's because of an obvious flaw the client didn't want to get rid off ), but if it breaks because of the design it's not my fault. I warn them several times about the risks and they keep asking for bigger boobs.
  • Deadmon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Deadmon polycounter lvl 2
    I dont understand the clients desire to not see torso, but your work is well done! Can be hard to nail down anime style especially with such... exaggerated features.
  • Dan!
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dan! polycounter lvl 6
    great job! Nice construction breakdown as well.
  • Hazardous
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hazardous polycounter lvl 12
    I absolutely need to own these, where the fuck do i buy them!??!!?
  • Lazar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lazar polycounter lvl 3
    Oh my goodness, I love these!! <3<3
  • Texelion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Deadmon wrote: »
    I dont understand the clients desire to not see torso, but your work is well done! Can be hard to nail down anime style especially with such... exaggerated features.

It's a fetish, people without it can't understand I guess. What could be attractive in a furry with enormous boobs and two inflated dicks ? Dunno. But as far as it's not illegal I do it professionnally without judging ^^.

HAZ : Lol really ? YOU want to buy something I did ? It's an honor ^^.

Shapeways estimated the success rate of printing Syx at 80% ( didn't think it would be possible, stuff is really thin ) so they're gonna print it and Scratch will sell it on a store. I'm gonna put Penny and Lana on a store too. Others are either commissions or fanarts, not for sale.

All the others : thanks for the support guys ^^. Lazar, watching you on DA now, nice stuff.
  • Deadmon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Deadmon polycounter lvl 2
    Haha no I didnt mean to imply I was judging, obviously whatever the client wants is what the artist should provide as best as possible. Simply Ive never understood that particular niche :P

The work really is well made, and the breakdown in printing info has been informative :D