Home Technical Talk

Max 2009 Isolation Script Error

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
Racer445 polycounter lvl 12
Not sure why but when I installed Max 2009 on this new Windows 7 install my Isolate Selection tool was been broken, which as you can imagine is a real pain. The error says: Unknown property: "IsInstance" in undefined.

The "Exit Isolation" box pops up still but nothing is actually isolated.

I already have max set up the exact way I want it and I don't feel like reinstalling the program and all my tools again. If anyone could assist me in fixing this problem I would be grateful.

Replies

• renderhjs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    renderhjs sublime tool
    I had the same, its about your node (object in max). Just create a new poly object, get into the edit panel and attach your working object to the poly. This should create a clean node in max with the IsInstance property so that it works again on alt+q or isolate.
  • Racer445
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I just tried that and it doesn't seem to work. I followed your instructions exactly and I still cannot isolate anything.
  • PixelMasher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelMasher veteran polycounter
    I havea similar problem, it isolates but when you hit exit isolation it pops that up and you can either unhide all or alt q your selection again and then reclick it. also, a max script window pops up with a bunch of script.

I find this happens the most when I open a max file that was saved in isolation mode. its a pain but atleast I can isolate, unlike racer. something this simple shouldn't be broken as fuck.
  • renderhjs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    renderhjs sublime tool
    try isolating on a fresh scene, so hit reset create a new object and try isolating. That way we could at least pin it down to either a application or file problem.
  • Racer445
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've tried it on both old and fresh scenes, with the same outcome.