Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

KS-23

This is a model of the KS-23 Russian shotgun, just thought it looked cool and after months of coursework hell I thought it would be nice to ease myself back into game art with something not too complicated.

High poly
ks23.jpg
ks23details.jpg

Bake
ks23bake.jpg

early progress on texturing
ks23tex1.jpg

Replies

• Adriaan
    Offline / Send Message
    Adriaan polycounter lvl 8
    That's looking excellent so far, I'm looking forward to seeing how the texture will turn out.

One thing that stood out to me though is the way the small flashlight is attached. With tape stretched over the flashlight like that, only attached on a few small points it'd probably fall off very fast. Rather than trying to tape it to the handguard only I think you'd rather want to roll the tape all the way around the barrel, flashlight and handguard together multiple times. Although in that case the tape might start loosening if the barrel heats up after firing a bunch of rounds, so perhaps you might want to use another way of attaching it altogether. Possibly something like a simple mount consisting of one or two strips of metal going over the flaslight and bolted/screwed to the handguard. I like the personalization of it but it's got to be practical too. :)

Otherwise, awesome shotgun! Good luck with it.
  • Millenia
    Offline / Send Message
    Millenia polycount sponsor
    This'd be awesome in STALKER :D
  • sneakymcfox
    @Adriaan
    I am aware of that but I do just like the look of the tape :)

@millienia
    Yeah I took a lot of inspiration from that game :)

Finished the receiver and stock, but still a long way from finishing.
    ks23.jpg
  • sneakymcfox
    And I think I'm calling this done :)
    final.jpg