Home General Discussion

I'M CRAZY! - share your experiences

yodude87
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
yodude87 polycounter lvl 5
well, i dont know if theres ever been a thread like this here in polycount.

but in everybody's life, some earlier, some later, comes a moment when you stop, look at yourself, and realize there's something wrong... and you think "AM I CRAZY? WHY THE FUCK AM I DOING THIS?"

but you take that task to the end anyway xD

so im creating this thread, for people to share their own "why the fuck" moments, and for us to have a good laughter, after all laughing is the best medicine... even for us crazy dudes xD

the inspiration for this came right a couple minutes ago, when i realized i was shaving... at midnight... with an old, manual razor that had been used often times... with cold water... and singing along pink floyd (it was playng in my cd player). all of this cos i thought, "well, tomorrow i have to wake up early, dont have the time to shave in the morning, so its better for me to wake up shaven and leave". then i looked in the mirror and realized how comical the whole scene was. but took it to the end anyway xD

well, its your turn :) start sharing, crazy polycounters :)

Replies

• ceebee
    Offline / Send Message
    ceebee polycounter lvl 14
    This one time I got into the shower and I realized that it was 4AM and I was fully clothed. I'M SO CRAAAAAAAYZYZEEEE
  • Stromberg90
    Offline / Send Message
    Stromberg90 polycounter lvl 11
    Hm... good one, I think I can top that....
    Running around naked at a hotel in Riga/Latvia cause I manage to lock myself out of the room while showering, needless to say I was hungry so I went down to the gas station and they did not take it to nice, they did not give me the chocolate I asked for :/

Next please :)
  • respawnrt
    Offline / Send Message
    respawnrt polycounter lvl 8
    Not sleeping for 2 days less or more to finish stuff for University while drinking 2L of Cola per night.Repeat this for 2-3 times a year for 3 years.Yeah. i didn't finished it.(ind. design lol)
  • Lazerus Reborn
    Offline / Send Message
    Lazerus Reborn polycounter lvl 8
    Wearing a cowboy outfit, sainsburys, several wooden spoons, stalking random people.

Did it for the lolz
  • Selaznog
    Offline / Send Message
    Selaznog polycounter lvl 8
    A few days ago I was at an intersection, waiting for the walk signal. It came and went and I didn't even notice. I probably looked like an idiot just standing there :P

Also, I was listening to Dark Side of the Moon. Something about Pink Floyd makes us crazy I guess haha
  • yodude87
    Offline / Send Message
    last year's halloween. me and a couple friends were gonna steal a pumpkin from a local's garden (tradition over here where i live).

so, there was this soccer field between the streets and the garden, and it was surrounded by a huge wall with a gate on the other side, which we reckoned closed.

so we climbed the wall (a friend of mine got hurt doing it), and got in the soccer field. there were cameras, so we just wrapped ourselves with our shirts (i used my helmet, as i had taken it with me - we were on scooters).

we ran thru the soccer field at 2 AM, to get to the garden of this guy, discover that that year he hadnt planted any pumpkin, get back running like crazies cos a lamp had turned on at the dudes house, and discover that the soccer field's gate was open all the time... it was a nice climbing anyway ^^

edit: one of my favorite bands is PF xD
  • Stinger88
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinger88 polycounter
    Year 1991. I was drinking with friends. A Wednesday night I think. We finished drinking early in the evening about 8 or 9 oclock. While I was walking home mildly drunk I saw a bus coming. I had a bit of cash left so I decided to jump on it and go into town (Newcastle). Sat in an empty Metal pub called Fat Sam's (no longer there) by myself and watched a band practice while I drank a few bottles of Brown Ale and reading a newspaper that someone had left on. I was 15 at the time. Things were different back then...
  • glynnsmith
    Offline / Send Message
    glynnsmith polycounter lvl 17
    At about 4am, on our way back from a night out, me and a couple of friends stole some plastic patio furniture from a house on the main road through my town.

Each time a car'd pass us, we'd set the furniture up on the side of the road, and act natural.
  • poopinmymouth
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    I left the office park at normal time to grab beers with a friend in Dusseldorf. I assumed it would only be a short while so I did not take my phone, keys, wallet, or bike with me. I came back at 7, and the whole building was locked. I had two choices; Risk riding the train from Dusseldorf back to Koeln where my apartment was without a ticket, or just wait till the next day when the office building unlocked again. I chose the latter, thinking walking around the city wouldn't be so bad.

So I spent from 7PM that night till 8AM the next morning just kind of walking around, with only 4 euro to get food, in only shorts, a t-shirt and a light rain jacket. I got so tired, I just wanted to sleep somewhere, so I found a half completed apartment complex and just slept on one of the porch areas leaned up against the cold concrete wall. It was the worst, most miserable night of my life and I swore I would do everything in my power to never ever be homeless again even for a single night.

Craziest though was probably racing a lamborgini from the West Hollywood area of Sunset Boulevard to the 405 on my motorcycle doing around 75-100mph the whole way. Anyone who knows that route knows it's a twister even at normal speeds. :-)
  • SnaFuBAR
    jesus, poop, that's one hell of a ride through there. A friend and I did motorcycle tricks on pacific coast highway. he would pull a wheelie and i'd lean back on the sissy bar with my palms, legs up. we were going about 60. other than that, probably doing 135mph in my jeep on the 5. that was a real wtf moment.

also, respawnrt, i know exactly how that is. i was up for 4 1/2 days straight for one of my ID semesters! 3rd day you start getting audio and visual hallucinations. luckily i heard the beach while my classmates were seeing apparitions come out of the walls :p
  • Gannon
    Offline / Send Message
    Gannon interpolator
    Anyone ever shit in a golf hole?

I have.....
  • Rhinokey
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    when the expansion for diablo 2 came out me and 2 friends, took a whole week off work and put all our computers together at one of their houses, and stayed away with no sleep (besides a few hours here and there when we passed out) playing diablo, our main source of sustenance was a box of dr pepper syrup i got from the fast food place i worked at, we mixxed the dr pep syrup half and half with mt dew to make us a nuclear wake up drink. we vomited a few times.

oh and growing that nutso beard in my profile pic.

racing my friend down the steinheitche highway in fl in our cars.. in reverse. i ended up in the ditch.

buying a mazda rx-8 spur of the momment, when i worked at mythic on the way back from lunch i saw one and liked it, went out after work that same day and bought one.

getting married / divorced

becoming a licensed and trained pro wrestler.
  • MrHobo
    Offline / Send Message
    MrHobo polycounter lvl 13
    This is kinda long but I think it's pretty good, bear with me:

1 years ago or so I was trying to wrap up some work for a possible internship deadline, so I decide the only way to do it was not to sleep... FOR 3 DAYS!

So it's night time about 60 something hours into this no sleep thing or so. Ive been downing a LOT of energy drinks and I've locked myself in the room where our computer lab is, ducked security for about an hour and around 1am I get back to work in my pitch black computer lab lit only by the glow of my monitor.

Then I start hearing it... A few of the computers turn themselves on, in my current state I don't realize that they were just coming out of sleep mode for automatic updates, so naturally I think "OH SHIT GHOSTS". So I try to stay calm and decide, "You know what? You're bladders gotta lotta urine in it, maybe now would be a good time to take care of that"

I get up, exit out the room into the dark hallway and make my way to the bathroom to take care of my bladder issue. I get there, do the deed, and I start rethinking the whole ghost thing as Im walking back to the lab... Then I hear someone whisper my name in the hallway (I think, I was 60 something hours without sleep here).

So naturally I FREAK OUT and run as fast as my legs will carry me back to the lab close the door behind me, get back in my chair and try to not see the "shadow people" that my sleep deprived brain keeps telling me are outside.

I decide I need to keep my mind and eyes and ears occupied. So I do the logical thing turn on the computer next to me, fire up netflix to find something to watch while I work and pick...

Hot Tub Time Machine.
    Sad thing? I still missed the deadline I was shooting for...
  • Torch
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    Looking into the mirror and laughing just for the sake of laughing - very random, try it :D
  • binopittan
    Don't know if this count but..
    Back in the day when i'm still unemployed. I made a decision to take a total break from the internet for a month. I thought it would be healthier for my soul :p
    Ends up with few job offer in my inbox by the time i check it up, which i missed..
    not a good idea everyone!!
  • PaulP
    Offline / Send Message
    PaulP polycounter lvl 9
    glynnsmith wrote: »
    At about 4am, on our way back from a night out, me and a couple of friends stole some plastic patio furniture from a house on the main road through my town.

Each time a car'd pass us, we'd set the furniture up on the side of the road, and act natural.

Me and my mate have done this before! We set it down every so often so we could have somewhere to sit and smoke!

As for crazy, I used to have a bad habbit of scaling high buildings when I was hammer-drunk. I once climbed up to the top of the National Gallery in Edinburgh, beautiful view!
  • Japhir
    Offline / Send Message
    Japhir polycounter lvl 16
    The craziest thing I ever did was walking to Rome from the Netherlands I guess ;). It's been quite a while ago since I first concluded that I am in fact, a very CRAAAZEEEY person.
  • McGreed
    Offline / Send Message
    McGreed polycounter lvl 15
    Once my friend and his girlfriend and I was in a shop. She was driving the cart though the main aisle and my friend and I left her, just to suddenly join her from each side an aisle going across her path, singing loudly a spoof version of a Rolling Stones song, and when we got to the next crossing, we just split up again, leaving his girlfriend mortified walking on, with people staring.

My friend and I had a good laugh, mainly because it just happen so spontanic, and well timed.
  • uncle
    When having serious fever I tried putting my pyjamas upside down, despite the fact there were no entrance for head in the pants.
  • Gestalt
    Offline / Send Message
    Gestalt polycounter lvl 11
    I was pretty lonely and feeling pretty bored and pathetic, so I asked a friend if he'd be ok with me making another gmail account as a more interesting person, possibly from a different world with different time zones and everything, inquiring about how things are over here and vice versa. I asked if he'd like to do the same; it'd be like we were expanding the number of interesting friends we had without the social risk of actually making new friends.

My friend thought I was a bit crazy.
  • Irreal
    Offline / Send Message
    Irreal polycounter lvl 10
    Once saw a hot girl in a bar and had no idea what to do or say to get her attention so I removed my watch and threw it at her. It hit her in the face. Apologized a week later (seeing as I ran out of the pub at the time) and got my watch back.
  • Torch
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    Irreal wrote: »
    Once saw a hot girl in a bar and had no idea what to do or say to get her attention so I removed my watch and threw it at her. It hit her in the face. Apologized a week later (seeing as I ran out of the pub at the time) and got my watch back.

Any luck with the chick? Reminds me of a mate at a party who tried the worst chat up line known to man: "Nice shoes...wanna f*ck?"
  • Luke_Starkie
    Offline / Send Message
    Luke_Starkie polycounter lvl 8
    I once took a shit in an empty protein shake tub then put it in a microwave at some random lasses party. Serious smell occurred...
  • matthewjvia
    Offline / Send Message
    matthewjvia polycounter lvl 13
    Last year, we had a blizzard coming, so some friends and I decided that we didn't want to get snowed out of the computer labs at school so we could finish projects. One of my friends brought a tent, which we set up in the conference room. We stole furniture from all over the building, stocked the kitchen, and camped inside. They basically just watched me play Mario 3 over and over and no one got anything useful done.

Also, my last two roommates were legitimately insane. One of them would go into the bathroom, scream and curse at himself in the mirror, and then sit back on the couch like nothing happened. The other had a girlfriend who claimed to be a witch and he said that they were putting up barriers around the apartment to keep the army of demons out. He also disappeared for a week and came back saying that he helped a CIA operative escape and a million dollar check would be coming in the mail for him.
  • Torch
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    Also, my last two roommates were legitimately insane. One of them would go into the bathroom, scream and curse at himself in the mirror, and then sit back on the couch like nothing happened.

lmfao
  • yodude87
    Offline / Send Message
    Also, my last two roommates were legitimately insane. One of them would go into the bathroom, scream and curse at himself in the mirror, and then sit back on the couch like nothing happened. The other had a girlfriend who claimed to be a witch and he said that they were putting up barriers around the apartment to keep the army of demons out. He also disappeared for a week and came back saying that he helped a CIA operative escape and a million dollar check would be coming in the mail for him.

nice friends you got there xD
  • moof
    Offline / Send Message
    moof polycounter lvl 7
    And now... you're all fired.

DOH

Saturday I angrily told my friend's grandma to just 'stick it in your mouth'.

A piece of sushi of course.
  • Snader
    Offline / Send Message
    Snader polycounter lvl 15
    I skipped sleep sometimes. This doesn't surprise anyone in the slightest.

The longest was about 115-120 hours (almost 5 days) because I had a LOT of work to do before several very short-following deadlines. I actually commuted to school each day and that was my half hour of rest (no sleep because of changing trains) and followed classes as well. Remarkably I still kept up better than some of the others. Anyway, I never finished the last thing, even after breaking the deadline, and even after presentations should already have been over. So I decided to give up and sleep.

I couldn't.

...why the fuck can't I sleep?

...have I forgotten how to?

...oh shit I'm gonna die of sleep deprivation now aren't I?

Those were the 5 most scary minutes of my life.

edit: I now have a slightly better handle on things like deadlines and sleeping, so that's good.
  • GarageBay9
    Offline / Send Message
    GarageBay9 polycounter lvl 13
    ...short version:

Someone I was collaborating closely with got a threatening call from the Iranian secret police (VEVAK) for Doing The Right Thing.

It was a local number. They weren't in Iran.
  • Josh_Singh
    Offline / Send Message
    Josh_Singh polycounter lvl 18
    Me and My wife were spending the night at Bobo's house back in 2010, and to my wife I was all like "wanna have another kid?" 9 months later BOOYEAH! CRAZZZZEEEE!!!
  • Snader
    Offline / Send Message
    Snader polycounter lvl 15
    YOU SLEPT WITH BOBO!?
  • Josh_Singh
    Offline / Send Message
    Josh_Singh polycounter lvl 18
    Reading Comprehension High Five!
  • Aga22
    Offline / Send Message
    Aga22 polycounter lvl 11
    those stories about sleep deprivation reminded me of one of my own, not so crazy but funny none the less. i was more than 2 days without sleep, at a club. Finally im starting to get sleepy so i climb on my bicycle and head home ( i was around 16) and on the way home i see a drainage grille...i think to myself, if i align the front wheel , it will drop in the grille and im gonna crash. so i did it. and crashed, beautifully. Some passing girls said omg are you allright? i said yeah while laying down, i did it on purpose...
  • Alberto Rdrgz
    Offline / Send Message
    Alberto Rdrgz polycounter lvl 9
    Josh_Singh wrote: »
    Me and My wife were spending the night at Bobo's house back in 2010, and to my wife I was all like "wanna have another kid?" 9 months later BOOYEAH! CRAZZZZEEEE!!!

:poly117:a friend of mine had sex on my couch, that's low bro LOW!!! lol
  • yodude87
    Offline / Send Message
    Aga22 wrote: »
    those stories about sleep deprivation reminded me of one of my own, not so crazy but funny none the less. i was more than 2 days without sleep, at a club. Finally im starting to get sleepy so i climb on my bicycle and head home ( i was around 16) and on the way home i see a drainage grille...i think to myself, if i align the front wheel , it will drop in the grille and im gonna crash. so i did it. and crashed, beautifully. Some passing girls said omg are you allright? i said yeah while laying down, i did it on purpose...

o.o
  • sneakymcfox
    Sleep deprivation's is the source of most of my stories, had been 4 days since I slept and leaned on the oven and started daydreaming, after a few second I noticed that I could feel my arm I was leaning on burning because the oven was on. I kept trying to move myself away but could only move in my daydream and was stuck there for a few minutes, had to go to hospital for the burns :/
  • Torch
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    Not exactly anything crazy-crazy, but did a google search for 'Tribal Fur Belt' and got an image of a hairy ass :/
  • Andreas
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    Snader wrote: »
    YOU SLEPT WITH BOBO!?

Reading Comprehension High Five!

Too funny. Would be even funnier if this is the first Bobo has heard of this.