Home General Discussion

GH2 - XB360

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
I pre-ordered directly from Red Octane so I got my copy via UPS today. It is probably not worth it if you bought the PS2 version unless you are a HUGE GH2 fan and/or want all of the XBL features like the leaderboard and the ability to download future content. Slightly better graphics than the PS2 version (although I remember the guitars that we submitted looking MUCH better in the engine viewer than they do in game) and some additional songs.

The controller itself feels a bit more sturdy than the PS2 controllers although it also feels a bit more sensitive; I managed to set it off by accident most of the time when "Star Power" was enabled.

Not quite sure what I was expecting but I am a bit disappointed. I guess that I had hoped that they would include some of the songs from the original GH on the 360 version.

Replies

• Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Err, GH2 is ??? A full name might help :P
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    It's Goat Herder 2 man!
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Err, GH2 is ??? A full name might help :P

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll just let you read my <u>entire</u> post, do the math and then figure it out tongue.gif

[hint]guitars ... songs ... controller[/hint]

(as if we don't use acronyms for games all the time around here, FFS...)
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    Guitar Hero 2, I'm guessing.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    [ QUOTE ]

[hint]guitars ... songs ... controller[/hint]

[/ QUOTE ]

There you go! Not so hard, eh? smile.gif
  • Rwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    Eh I'm tempeded on getting GH2 for PS2. but I have frets on fire. although I wonder if the Guitar will work on my PS2 to USB adapter...
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    GH2 for the PS2 is hours of fun. Every livingroom and office should have it. I'm addicted to it.
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    Just picked it up during lunch. I've played the first one but skipped the second since this was coming out. Circuit City had a deal where you get a 1600 Xbox points card for free when you buy the game. Ends up being $20 worth of points. That'll help with the downloadable content next week.
  • Nogan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    My only wish for GH2 for the PS2 is that it had more songs. Still, I'm satisfied enough with it that I won't need it for the Xbox 360.
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    I don't think I'll be getting the 360 version. Sure it has a few more songs and downloadable content. But one of the coders here hacked a few custom songs into GH2 (for the PS2) with his own notes and difficulty settings which was pretty neat. After looking it up on the internets, there are heaps of these available to download and its not actually that hard to do, just takes a bit of time.
    Pretty sweet game though, its guaranteed to played every lunchtime here in the office.

-caseyjones
  • Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asherr polycounter lvl 18
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AecoWSWrZS0

commercial with Gorillaz animation style.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    So is there any work on the whole wireless controller debacle?
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    We got 2 sets in today at work. I'm really disappointed that the guitars aren't wireless. Also there is a weird port on the bottom of the guitar that looks like a RJ11 or RJ14, and the manual doesn't say what it is. I heard they have plans for an effects pedal, so that may be it. The guitars for the 360 version do feel more solid to me than the PS2 versions.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    Damn I can't wait till I get paid so I can pick this up. I never got it for ps2 since mine crapped out on me a while back.

i'm upset with the guitars not being wireless but i'm sure that was a marketing decision to sell more later on and i'm sure it will work. oh well i'll buy wireless ones when they come out.
  • Keg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Keg polycounter lvl 18
    There was an article on joystiq about the extra port with shots showing what it was listed as. which is a pedal port. As for wireless if I recall correctly it has to do with Microsoft's proprietary wireless protocol.

Can't wait to have some spare cash and preferably school to be finished to pick this game up.
  • KaosNKorruption
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KaosNKorruption polycounter lvl 18
    Microsoft is very anti-3rd party when it comes to wireless and their precious XBox 360...

I faintly remember the Microsoft Rep at Toys R Us mentioning that Microsoft wasn't going to allow any 3rd party wireless accessories...
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i found spare guitars today at a walmart on my drive cross country. Too bad I can't find the damn game. haha. Oh well not much use for it on the open road. As for the open port on the guitars... Not sure but I heard they are for another game in the series. Guess we will see
  • Rwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    Played the demo Guitars at FutureShop. Dosen't feel as tactile strumming compared to the PS2 Guitar, Plus the whammy bars aren't working... I think I'll stick to the PS2 Version :P
  • SuperOstrich
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SuperOstrich polycounter lvl 17
    I've moved onto the 360 version. The guitar took a little getting used to, since it's a little different size-wise. Now I don't feel like playing the PS2 version anymore. My whammy bar works fine on both guitars, btw.
  • vahl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vahl polycounter lvl 18
    I read somewhere that the downloadable content will include songs from the first guitar hero, since I don't have it, I may pick GH2, even if I have to pay to play the cool songs :'(

there's also apparently guitar Hero 80' coming on PS2, hope they will put some of the songs on xboxlive for x360 users to download (of course they will take this opportunity to steal a little bit more $$$ :'(
  • Keg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Keg polycounter lvl 18
    vahl: there's 9 tracks from guitar hero available on xbox live. problem is they come in 3 song packs (so there's 3 packs available right now) but each pack costs 500 points.

what would be nice is to see something similar to the shivering isles expansion (9200 points I think) and be able to get all the tracks from guitar hero 1. i'd be content paying upwards to $40 cdn for all the tracks from guitar hero 1. right now they estimate about $100 for all the guitar hero 1 tracks at the current cost.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    yeah I picked it up.. although I already had gh and gh2 for ps2 with a wireless controller..

the first week I was like #26 worldwide =D, haven't really played in a while and there's a lot more people with the game now, so I've dropped significantly.. I think I'm like 700 now (of 300k people)of all songs. It's crazy how much buying the DL songs will get you up on the overall rankings but they cost so much freaking money.

It's also annoying that the first like 30(or was it 90?) people have glitched scores 100x higher than you're supposed to be able to get.

oh well. I want some new songs. Dream Theater, opeth, or dredg. something
  • Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asherr polycounter lvl 18
    i'm still at Frankenstein on Hard in GH1. frown.giffrown.giffrown.gif
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ahh got GH2 as an early Birthday gift from my wife the other day. Smashed through easy and medium but I suck and need to practice on Hard a lot more.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    the 360 guitar is too sensitive to the way I strum it (I play with a guitar pick) and it keeps registering missed notes frown.gif I played it for a day and put it down
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    after getting used to the controller after 2-3 days i must say it's much better than the old controllers sans the big spike in my arm.