Home Contests & Challenges Archives

VG Remix – Megaman

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
GxD11 polycounter lvl 10
Hello everyone, I've never don a diorama before so this should be interesting. I decided on going with a Megaman set up with a few of the classic enemies and maybe a few more main characters from the series still working on ideas. I'll be posting reference pics soonish

FINAL ENTRY FOR THE CONTEST

[SKETCHFAB]c9da6fa149b245bbb87b3b0b254b29e4[/SKETCHFAB]
7618jpg
9zedjpg

Replies

• GxD11
    Offline / Send Message
    GxD11 polycounter lvl 10
    Here a quick post for the references im using.
    a0pk.jpg
    Using the version of smash for reference on the proportions
    Mm4_metalldaddy.png
    and Met is another character that ill be adding as well.
    Still working on the ideas of the final look of the diorama but ive started already working on the megaman model posting updates on that soon. Deciding wich main baddies to add without making it too complicated.
  • GxD11
    Offline / Send Message
    GxD11 polycounter lvl 10
    Finished Megaman still working on laying out the uvs so i can start texturing.
    [SKETCHFAB]4d30c52a143543599a4fb8f161b7824f[/SKETCHFAB]
  • FlashL
    Looks neat, I love megaman. It feels like he is a little unbalanced because his buster arm is shorter than his normal arm in overall length, & the back part of the model is flat. I'm really keen to see this complete though!
  • GxD11
    Offline / Send Message
    GxD11 polycounter lvl 10
    FlashL wrote: »
    Looks neat, I love megaman. It feels like he is a little unbalanced because his buster arm is shorter than his normal arm in overall length, & the back part of the model is flat. I'm really keen to see this complete though!

I love megaman too! I think seeing him brought to the new smash is what made me want to do him for this contest the most. Thanks for the advise :) I ended up resizing the mega buster to balance him out. But the back being flat im not sure if adding the extra polygon could help that much.

Had to load another model on sketchfab since it was giving me some loading issue and ended up deleting the old one but its up now with the texture i worked on this morning. Hope its up to par. ill be doing another pass on it soon but might focus on working on a different model for now.
  • GxD11
    Offline / Send Message
    GxD11 polycounter lvl 10
    Heres an energy tank i did real quick, hope it looks ok. Gonna try to do a massive update today but having some issues with uploading multiple objects and there textures.

[SKETCHFAB]f95eaae39f0a4d03a91e5bc436321d40[/SKETCHFAB]
  • GxD11
    Offline / Send Message
    GxD11 polycounter lvl 10
    Finally able to upload protoman since i made him and his shield difrent objects i was having dificulties with their materials showing up but the sketchfab exporter fix the issue.
    [SKETCHFAB]2715245a2e2a41f7b09b9b1255673758[/SKETCHFAB]
  • GxD11
    Offline / Send Message
    GxD11 polycounter lvl 10
    Here's my progress on Dr Wily's castle. Got the whole thing down to 1052 tris.

f3of.jpg
  • GxD11
    Offline / Send Message
    GxD11 polycounter lvl 10
    Finished the Met model, got it to 340 tris. Ill be working on the uvs of this and the castle on tomorrow.

lwyf.jpg
  • GxD11
    Offline / Send Message
    GxD11 polycounter lvl 10
    Heres Met really like how he turned out. Still texturing the castle, hope i make the deadline.
    [SKETCHFAB]01a834feea5c4387b9d31e50036a9612[/SKETCHFAB]
  • GxD11
    Offline / Send Message
    GxD11 polycounter lvl 10
    Finally finished the textures on Dr. Wily's Castle.

[SKETCHFAB]fcfb66342a1f49219bec299c6679c2dc[/SKETCHFAB]
  • GxD11
    Offline / Send Message
    GxD11 polycounter lvl 10
    Boss Battle! Yellow Devil finished. only missing the textures for the energy shots and charged shot, and should be ready to do a quick rig and set up the scene.

[SKETCHFAB]64e6a3fe85cb4297916a05202a95011b[/SKETCHFAB]
  • GxD11
    Offline / Send Message
    GxD11 polycounter lvl 10
    Heres my final entry to the VG Remix Hope you guys like it :)

*Having issues with the thumbnail and the background not changing even after i save it. Any idea what im doing wrong?
    [SKETCHFAB]c9da6fa149b245bbb87b3b0b254b29e4[/SKETCHFAB]
  • LuCh!
    Offline / Send Message
    LuCh! polycounter lvl 5
    nice work!
    strange issues you're having, if the thumbnail doesn't even work! =S
  • GxD11
    Offline / Send Message
    GxD11 polycounter lvl 10
    Thanks :) yeah its the first time having that specific problem.

With the other ones i only had problems with multiple materials but was able to fix that using the uploader and making a texture atlas for some objects like the castle and also megaman and protoman.
  • Dezmu
    Do you still have these models?