Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Introduction and Work Showcase

Hello Polycount! I'm a new member. I hope I'm introducing myself in the right place. I'm lookin forward to getting some critique, meeting some awesome artists, and making that next step to breaking into my chosen career here :) This discussion will mainly be me showcasing my work. Is this like a thread where I can update with new work often?

Hope I get used to this place! Lots of intimidatingly talented folks.I feel like a little fish in a big big pond here!

Nice to meet anyone, name's Trevor! Work will come shortly! For now, I'll post a few of my works to put up so this post isnt empty!

DCEnviB.jpg?1397729820

DCPehala.jpg?1398007479

4f08ea98db38cbeb31ba65d59d4975814f57433b.jpg?1414496813

Replies

• TrevorVerges
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A few environment sketches. I'm enrolled in Chris Oatley's Magic Box program right now. It's cheap and it's a damn lot of information. :) Did this while listening to one of his podcasts. People seem to really like my environments but I honestly like doing characters more! It's a tricky situation.

tumblr_nb7063PKM51rzhnhro2_1280.jpg
  • Cluly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, I love your environments more too, hehe. I can't really crit the characters as I'm hopeless with anatomy. Try placing your characters into those type of environments, I think it would add a lot of punch.
  • eCupcakes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eCupcakes polycounter lvl 4
    that enviro :D post more character pieces you've done too! it will help us help you figure out how to get better at it
  • TrevorVerges
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey! Thanks for the comments yall. My more professional looking character concepts are of simpler characters like Dee above, and the ones that look more like production art are the more realistic characters. I wanna change that soon, because I recognize how skilled you have to be to become a Lead Concept Artist where you'd actually be doing finished, polished concept work. I'll post Dee's partner character below, as well as some more character concept.

tumblr_nb34c0Ghzu1rzhnhro1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nb34c0Ghzu1rzhnhro2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nb34c0Ghzu1rzhnhro3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nb34c0Ghzu1rzhnhro4_1280.jpg
    tumblr_n7usa8DH191rzhnhro1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_n0b8gnkBFs1rzhnhro2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_n0b8gnkBFs1rzhnhro1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_n3c9pgnkVA1rzhnhro1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_n2mml5mIaN1rzhnhro2_1280.jpg