Home Dota 2

REQUEST!

Hi, I'm a fan & consumer of many current Dota 2 in game content. I came here hoping someone or several of you with the talent & willingness to make a concept that was long forgetting, & bring it to life.

You see someone from these very forums had a collaboration with another creator, but unfortunately something occurred & the project was never completed. I'm not to sure about the legal restrictions, but if it's safe to create something from a concept of someone else & even if needing to change a few things to keep it legal, I'd like one of you to finish this if any of you can.

druidturnarroundfinal.jpg
werebearturnarroundfina.jpg

I'm not hoping for anyone to make an exact replica of the concept, but I hope someone can make an alternative if needed, & bring it to the Dota 2 community... Is this possible, or will anyone help bring this to life?

P.S. The original creators are nearly impossible for me to contact, but I've tried.

Replies

• Zipfinator
    Offline / Send Message
    Zipfinator polycounter lvl 9
    There's no grey area here really. No one but the creators of the concept have the rights to create it and upload it to the workshop. If you can't contact them, then it's unfortunate but there's nothing else to be done.
  • ShorkGamer
    Offline / Send Message
    ShorkGamer polycounter lvl 7
    That concept looks awesome! :-)
  • Venichie
    Zipfinator wrote: »
    There's no grey area here really. No one but the creators of the concept have the rights to create it and upload it to the workshop. If you can't contact them, then it's unfortunate but there's nothing else to be done.

It's possible to make some alterations to keep it legal though I believe correct? If so, I'd still hope for someone here to make their own version of this set.
  • pior
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Hi there Venichie, welcome to the forums.
    It's possible to make some alterations to keep it legal though I believe correct?

Doing something because it is possible and legal is one thing ; keeping one's artistic integrity is another ... It's always a shame when a very cool design like this one doesn't come to completion, but that's the way things are ...

Working from someone's design without prior agreement is not a popular practice here, as well as in most art communities. I hope this makes sense ! And who knows, maybe the artists working on this set will go back to it at some point :)
  • Nekhro
    Offline / Send Message
    Nekhro polycounter lvl 5
    I'm pretty sure you won't find anyone willing to do/edit someone else's concept without original creator agreement.
    Its just a matter of work ethics ;D