Home Quixel Megascans

Megascans open beta launch delayed

Replies

• loggie24
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    loggie24 polycounter lvl 3
    ^I think you are underestimating the issues regarding these delays. I can't disagree that things do get overboard, this is the internet, land of the warriors. Teddy has himself spoken out on how he indeed thinks this is bad practice, but it just happens again and again. And as far as i know, no one here are saying names, so no one is "treating representatives" badly, this goes for the company as a whole along with the people leading it. It's as always understandable that things go wrong, but if you have a track record with Quixel, you know this isn't the first time.

It's simply overall dealing with the frustrations of having to wait over and over again on something we have been looking forward to for such a long time. This is like open gifts as christmas when i was a kid.
  • David1983
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Synesthesia I'm just curious, where excatly did you see the customer service? Mail to quixel, you wont get an answer, Check the Webiste about informations, nohing there. Check the facebook page and try to leave a comment, not possible. Updates for they're product, not since 5 months. At the end try to sell your license, not really posible only with a lawyer which have to force them to sell your license without your mail account.

The only support here is Eric, he has the most thankless job in the quixel copany i guess.
    And don't forget at least all i wrote is not against him, it is just about the money greedily owners of this company!
  • Rikk The Gaijin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rikk The Gaijin polycounter lvl 6
    I don't believe a single word about what happened. It sounds like they were keeping this lame excuse as final resource in case they couldn't match the deadline. And even if it's real, if you are running a business, you don't let your personal affairs to interfere with it, that's not how it works. They just lie. They are a bunch of liars and I will NEVER trust them again. I start even doubting if Megascans has ever existed, or it was just an elaborate joke. Why can't they just publish the materials they have? Even if they are 200 instead of 1000, who cares, just release something, for christ sake!:poly118:
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    I was hoping that the disrespectful posts would cease, but apparently I was wrong to get my hopes up again.
  • fatrobotsneedlove
    @Sunaesthesia Did you just threaten peoples employment for posting negative feedback? Yes, the comments here should be much more respectful, but what you just threatened is an absolute new low. Internet comments should NEVER affect someones employment or job prospects. You're talking about someones livelihood and means to support their family. Unbelievable.

What Rikk said is right, though. Personal affairs shouldn't affect a well run business. That may not be fair, but it's capitalism. Quixel has really pushed their credibility about as far as it can go.

I'm looking forward to megascans, it still looks amazing. I plan on subscribing the first day it's out. But if another company with a better track record comes out with something similar, I will probably go with them. There have just been too many bugs and too many broken promises for me. I think that's fair.

On a personal level, to everyone at Quixel, I really am sorry for whatever happened in your personal life recently. I'm going through something that I imagine is similar with one of my family members. I know how hard it is to get work done when you're losing someone you love.

But as your customer, you need to get your shit together. Five years from now I WANT to be using Ddo version 10. I WANT to still be subscribed to megascans. I think a lot of the frustration on here is from people that really do want you to succeed. Don't screw it up.
  • CKohl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CKohl polycounter lvl 10
    I sincerely hope the people complaining with vitriolic rhetoric aren't associating themselves with a company. Yes, software should be functional. Even more so if you pay for it. However, that doesn't justify outright nastiness toward software developers.

Companies providing software have an obligation to provide customer service (which Quixel obviously does) to support their tools if they're interested in maintaining a customer base. Customers have an obligation to be civil in their correspondence. There's really no justification for treating representatives of the company badly. You can disagree with the way a company handles problems without making yourself look unprofessional - and as a result, the company you work for.

If you're not employed but are posting vitriol, you might want to reconsider doing so. I've heard Polycount being described as a very casual job interview. Respect goes a long way here.

QFT. I'm disappointed in the lack of releases as well but that would never be an excuse for flying off the handle when something bad has clearly happened.

For shame.
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox veteran polycounter
    I don't believe a single word about what happened. It sounds like they were keeping this lame excuse as final resource in case they couldn't match the deadline. And even if it's real, if you are running a business, you don't let your personal affairs to interfere with it, that's not how it works. They just lie. They are a bunch of liars and I will NEVER trust them again. I start even doubting if Megascans has ever existed, or it was just an elaborate joke. Why can't they just publish the materials they have? Even if they are 200 instead of 1000, who cares, just release something, for christ sake!:poly118:

what a load of bullshit, you do realise how small quixel is, especially compared to the substance team?
    Issues can come up and in a big team you can compensate, in a small team, one key role falling away, can make the whole rest of the team suffer.
    I've been in that position and no matter how much you tell yourself to be professional, things that hurt you on a personal level WILL hurt you on a professional one, and the smaller your team is, the more it will hit the team.

Please come back acting professional once a very close relative, friend or partner dies, good luck with that.
  • odigames
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odigames null
    Neox wrote: »
    what a load of bullshit, you do realise how small quixel is, especially compared to the substance team?
    Issues can come up and in a big team you can compensate, in a small team, one key role falling away, can make the whole rest of the team suffer.
    I've been in that position and no matter how much you tell yourself to be professional, things that hurt you on a personal level WILL hurt you on a professional one, and the smaller your team is, the more it will hit the team.

Please come back acting professional once a very close relative, friend or partner dies, good luck with that.

totally agree with that!
    for all those crybabies buy a pacifier and suck it...
  • Chimp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chimp interpolator
    Lol, such entitlement.
  • oskarkeo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oskarkeo polycounter lvl 10
    sad that so many feel so betrayed to be sharing such vitriol, especially artists of such huge talent.

I can understand disappointment, but moving beyond that, what would actually pacify you guys that are so furious?

• a refund?
    • another ETA, bearing in mind the last one was reposnsible, tragic circumstances notwithstanding, for the breakdown in trust which so many griefers here have legitimate disappoinment over.
    • an epic postmortum over why the delay happened?
    • some 1 on one support to ensure you can get up and running with 1.8 to get past the bugginess reported?

Bereavement or not, no good can come from sniping against a company with such fury, it is at the end of the day a scheduling fuck up. happens all the time throughout the world, to all of us, buses, project signoff, babies hanging around in a womb. can we please be proportionate.

This is the industry that spawned TF2 for the love of Garp! sometimes things get delayed, griefing about it will not change that fact. Can we move towards constructive criticism, which this website excels in rather than bickering between those who feel fucked over and those who feel those users areoverreacting.

There will be plenty of time to slate the inevidable suite1.9/megascans when it is released, and we can get back to the much more pleasant x software is better than y software flame wars.
  • David1983
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Maybe this sounds cold and hard but the personal problems of quixel are not my problems!
    Some people may sympathize with quixel cause they have maybe a personal attachment to some of the owners or stuff. I clearly have no conections to the quixel crew.

And about the quixel crew is so small comparing to other companys, actually this is bulls*** for me! There is no excuse starting with a new project "megascans" when the old one is so buggy! They put all the effort in megascans leaving they're base Quixel Suite customers behind.

The site says over 30.000 clients world wide, taking the middle package for 99 USD "Inide". We are talking about almost 3 million dollars. And they can't hire more people ? They can't release regular updates to make the quixel suite work ? I think some people don't realize that quixel is a profit oriented comapny like many others not a cute sweet puppy which needs sympathy!

Stop treating them like they are your family, they took money from us all for a unfinished product, this is the hornest truth ! I just can't hear it anymore. oh yeah but they have some personal problems they have this and that blablabla.
  • Framedworld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Framedworld polycounter lvl 6
    sorry you guys bought buggy software, welcome to game development. Seriously, those that are praising Algorithmic? Great, pop over to their forum then and make the switch. Crying and complaining about it over and over again is simply not going to change anything.
    If you want this cold and treated like a business, accept that things don't always go the way you want and move on.

They hired a whole team just for dDo, give them time to get up and running. Things take time, months even. Let them reorganize, especially when things seem to really not be going their way.

I didn't sell my car to buy this, I currently use dDo every day. Is it buggy? yea, but it didn't cost me thousands of dollars like Mari would. I'm sorry everyone is upset but keep this in perspective.

and be civil.
  • David1983
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If they would offer a refund politic i wouldn't be here. Yes crying and complaing over and over again cause we get over and over again played by quixel.

Give them time ? we are talking here about almost 6 months of time, sorry.
    I also didn't sell my car, it's not a big lose for me, this is just about justice. In the business world there is nothing like ouh sorry i have a bad time. If you can't deliver, you are simply out. In the most worst case you even have to pay penalty fees.
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Who offers a refund policy on software, ever? You have unrealistic expectations. QS isn't broken or unusable for most people. For some reason, you happen to fall into a situation where you can't use the software. Perpetually posting disrespectful replies to Quixel is not endearing anyone to your cause. Please take it to Consumerist.com. These are support forums, not "Indignant Quixel rage forums".
  • David1983
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Quixel is a company within the EU, at least in the EU you have the same rights for purchased software like for a televison or something else. The same goes for selling your license, they can write what ever they want in they're eula. You can't prohibit no one from selling a used software license. When selling something to someone you have obligations, it's not like ah ok but for some users it just works fine, so it's your bad luck.

It's not like in early access games, where you basically know and agree to buy a unfinished software. And Quixel offers right now, excatly this kind of software model, except they don't call it early access!
  • Framedworld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Framedworld polycounter lvl 6
    no they call it beta
  • David1983
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hmm maybe i missed something ??? Framedwolrd treat my like a new customer which is coming the first time to quixels homepage and show me exactly where i can see or read that i'm buying beta software ??? Or let's check the quixel launcher, the Version 1.8 didn't say Beta. hmm so i guess i have to be supernatural or something to feel before buying that this software is beta, so basically i'm totaly wrong and everything is my fault. Of course this meant to be ironic.
  • Fansub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fansub sublime tool
    David,with all due respect,i would really recommend you to shut up.Please.

You have been whining for days,weeks or even months.Move on.Use another software,or do anything else with your life but don't disrespect a company like this,especially when said company seems to be having hard times with personal stuff.

We all know Quixel is a small team,and all their crew have always been known as awesome people always trying to help when they can.Teddy is a fucking genius and he will release the beasts when they are ready.

Just take a seat and wait for Megascans/QS 1.9 or use Substance Painter/Designer/Mari/Photoshop/3DCoat/Zbrush or anything else you want.

I would agree that they shouldn't do anymore hyping unless it's for the realease of something, because it isn't the first time we get to see a report,but that's of course not a reason to act like a kid on Polycount.
  • loggie24
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    loggie24 polycounter lvl 3
    I don't like seing people getting blamed for acting like some idiotic kid when they simply voice their concerns and frustrations about this. Get this, it's fully justified. Quixel has released a product that is for many still broken, i for instance get crashes every 5 minutes. They have released countless of dates and promises they haven't kept, this is another one. If we need a better reason not the get frustrated i don't know what to say.
  • awbjex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm pretty familiar with Rikk (and some other dudes here from the Octane forums). He is prone to getting a little hot under the collar, for sure, but I think I can commiserate with his pain -- he works at a game studio and shit needs to work -- I do not, but shit really, really needs to work nonetheless. So I simply moved on to Substance months ago, and have all but abandoned QS and really haven't looked back. I fucking love Substance Painter. Having to work within PS and essentially being a shitload of PS actions (and prolly pushing PS too far in this regard) has always been QS's Achilles heel. And imho, QS is doomed unless Teddy & Co can break out to standalone, as I have stated before.

I really, really don't envy Teddy -- who has to answer to those studios that he visited (and presumably persuaded some to put QS in pipelines - pipelines that have deadlines of the highest order), let alone indie customers... Ouch.

I do truly wish him the best -- that he can turn this shit around and it all works out it in the end. I will be monitoring the situation and if QS makes it back in my arsenal, that would be great. And I will certainly be anxious to try megas, though I have some reservations about how taxing they will be on system and ultimately GPU renders -- even a beast like mine... Right now, all I know is that Painter effing rocks and it is stable as a mofo.
  • David1983
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Fansub What you think who you are ? You tell me shut up ? for what reason ? I even don't care cause i give a sh** about it. I'm not bagging here for something. This is my right as a unhappy and leaved customer. If you don't see it this way then simply don't read what i write.
    And ones again don't tell me ever what i have to do!!!!

I was waiting almost 4 months until i have even posted one complain and ones again here, if they are proffesional enough to take my money they should be proffesional enough to deliver a software.Fansub maybe you are used to, to have no own opinion and or to be played your whole life, i'm not! got it?! Play the pseudo sherif in you twon ok ? and leave me with my opinion, thats the last thing i have to say about your stupid coment to me.
  • ghaztehschmexeh
    It's funny that the most vocally entitled people in here have never posted any of their own art, have never contributed to the community themselves...

I seriously do begin to think that they are expecting quixel to make their art for them.
  • David1983
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ouh yeah the next one... thank you for your valuable coment to this topic. I'm doing art or let's say i started to work with engines and all the tools just like one year ago, any problems with that? I have never post any complainings here or even offended people on the forum. I'm a very relaxed person but seeing a company making millions of dollars and don't care about they're customers makes me angry, for a reason!

I still don't understand how some people here can be so tolerant after this long time. I'm sure that some users with positiv coments here, even didn't have bought the quixel suite. And than they start wondering, heck why is this guy so angry. I'm not the guy who you can steal from and than i just say... Thank you Sir if you want take more.
  • HowlYeYe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    No one is saying you can't feel the way you feel.

But the way you're going about expressing it - is it really the most productive way you can possibly think of going about doing it? I mean, really. With all the ways you could have said what you did, I'm sure there are a few that are more respectful and far less indignant than you've shown us that you are capable of.
  • Steppenwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steppenwolf polycounter lvl 15
    Something bad happend obviously and you have nothing better to do then to whine David?
    Be a bit more respectful. Even when your complaints are justified this isn't the place and time to behave like a spoiled little brat on a video game forum.
  • David1983
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yes you are maybe right, i'm a very straight to the point person. And some of text i wrote is of course very hard, thats not the way i talk or write in a constructive conversation. But to be hornest, the most users which don't like what i wrote are simply users realted in some kind of a way to quixel and users which even didn't pay 1USD for the software cause they have used just the test version.

This conversation wouldn't be go even so far if some users wouldn't attack me, jesus i'm not the one seeling unfinished products.

And HowlYeYe just read what i wrote, there is no abstract content, this are simply real facts-
    This is real, this is hornest, this is simply the truth wehen i'm wriritng that a company has made over 3 MILLION USD and they can't even guaranty regular updates and a working software.

@Steppemwolf This is what i mean, and what i writing all over and over again, yes it sounds hard but i really don't care as a CUSTOMER, as a customer i like to get what i have payed for. Every person will have bad times in they're lives. But i wrote alreday enough to the topic, something really bad happend.

I never wrote that the quixel suite or megascans are rubbish, i wrote the exact oposite of it, both products are amazing just they way they are sold and how the company politic is, is a bad joke.

But some people think they have to protect a company which has done so far like nothing to satisfy they're customers. And this is just amazing to see, i simply can't understand it.

@Stepwolf, this is exactly what i mean, whyt do you have to do with quixels problems? Nothing to be horest. As a person i'm sorry to every one that has to handle bad news or times. But as a CUSTOMER i don't care! I payed for a product 6 months ago which still doesnt work and gets no support. But i wrote already enough about this bad time theme...
  • Steppenwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steppenwolf polycounter lvl 15
    Maybe you will understand when you've been in development for a little longer then just one year and have to deal with customers yourself. Making software is a rocky road and rarely works as smooth as intended. The other thing is Teddy worked on this alone until not long ago and always was extremely fair with his pricing policy (if he's a millionaire then only in Swedish Crowns i suspect). Most people on here understand the implications.

If you're that unhappy then by all means you should move on to another software. A lot of people here seem to be happy with Substance. But then understand that you have to pay a lot more and over and over when they release a new version every couple months. Every buisness model has its pros and cons.

As for Megascans delay, i'm a bit disappointed myself but i'm 100% sure that it will be worth the wait having seen some of it in the closed beta.
  • David1983
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Megascans is not the problem here. it is maybe yeah disappointing or funny to see how from month to months nothing happens but this is it, no heart fealings about megascans.

I already moved to Substance but i have also PAYED for the quixel suite, you still don't understand my point. I even don't have the possibility to sell my license wihout a lawyer, cause quixel thinks they stay above the EU law.

And for business i do very well know what this means, this here is just a hobby but a very large one. I also have a company "nothing in the game industry" i'm caring about my company for over 6 Years now, like it is my child, every customer is important! The way quixel is giving support "one guy in a forum" is rediculus for a sales volume of 3 Million USD. But i'm not here to teach someone about customer care or to deffend myself against other users. I have no problems with no one here, i don't care, i'm simply writing what i think and what is the truth. But it seams that we have here some quixel lovers, so ok i can live with that. But what they are writing is simply not objective. Read through this topic, the whole topic how many users are angry and yeah some even didn't say a word but some do like i.
  • Devil_Inside
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, man. Just calm down a little and take a step back.
    No one is robbing you here. Every software is different, and if you worked on a piece of software in your life, you should know that sometimes things go wrong, sometimes plans change and things get delayed. It happens to the largest studios in the world, with hundreds of employees and high-profile management. I don't think that Quixel guys are sitting in their multi-million mansion laughing at you raging and sputtering in your every post. They said multiple times that they are trying hard to deliver and are sorry for every delay. Just take a step back and do something else while they do their job.
    Being a drama queen on this forum will hardly make them work faster, it just annoys everyone else. Just calm down and go do something useful.
  • David1983
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @ Devil_Inside No comment, just read through my posts, i have no desire to repeat again what i alreay wrote.
  • noncarbon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So Quixel mods, you remember your last official forums, don't you? Are you really going to let this one descend into customers attacking other customers like the last one? (for daring to express frustration and give feedback) That's about how the end days of the last one looked.

This thread probably should've been locked from the beginning.
  • oskarkeo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oskarkeo polycounter lvl 10
    folks, can everyone retorting to David, with insulting terms such as drama queen, kid, and any other examples of this please cut it out. it is not helping.

Regardless of whether you agree with him or not, it's not moving the conversation on, and sadly, it just looks like a room of people shouting at the guy trapped in the corner. And it is only natural one would fight back with both fists if they felt under attack in this way.

David, I personally don't feel the software is broken and I think with a bit of fiddling about (which agreed, shouldn't be nescessary) you could get up and running.
    I've installed on a win7 machine with a gtx460 and a win10 machine with a gtx 960. You may well have a configuration they've not accounted for, you may well have encountered one of the many 'solved'/workaround issues and been unable to see the issue.

Do you have an error report on polycount here somwhere that I could see what problems you're having? I would like to help you bugshoot this through skype, timezones and free time permitting. It's clear to me that if you didn't care passionately, you would have just said 'Quixel = Shitarses" and moved on. You didn't, so i'd like to try and help turn your frown upside down.

To everyone: A post with extremely bad news is sitting there on page 1, and we've decended into one of the more nasty flame war's i've seen on this forum. we can do better than this.
  • David1983
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oskarkeo thanks for your support but i don't feel personal offended here, there are maybe one or two stupid comments from users. But if people here think they have to symphatize with quixels bad support, for me it's ok, it's just not my opinion.

At the beginning of this thread we had a lot of negative feedback too, but this users just stoped writing, which i can absolutly understand seeing some of the pro quixel comments here.

However i know some users of this forum from a personal chat, i got several personal emails where some of the users just wrote that they absolutly agree with me but they wouldnt post it in this way on the forum to make them self unpopular, especially because some of the forum users have a personal connection to the the quixels guys.

For me its just sad to see that some users even dont like "because of fear" to write they're opinion. Cause they have fear getting attacked from some stupid users which think they have to play the sherif for quixel.

It might be really the best decission to cloes this thread, cause quixel is not responding and this chat could go on like forever.

My Issues with the quixel suite are just to much to write them down and to fix them, i simply have no effort for that. All i want is a stable version, it has not to be perfect but at least stable. I have the newest version of Photoshop with all updates from the adobe cloud, after installing the quixel suite, starting it, choosing the mesh and maps , clicking on create, basically two things happen. 1. Error message that something is not avable in this version, which makes the suite crash. 2. After clicking create a caluculation process is stared which repeats all the time over gagain. I was ones even waiting like 30 minutes before aborting the process.
  • endeffect
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    endeffect polycounter lvl 8
    Very nice to see people blaming a customer with "feedback". Sorry guys but this is official quixel forum and everyone can give some feedback if the company is not even answering emails. It's not even your bussines to read those comments or feedbacks, if you don't like them just ignore and move on. Questioning for an art thread from users return with feedback is the most retarded thing i've seen. Customer pays for a software and waits it works properly and give feedback the way you like or not, but if you don't pay him and asking for his works, please think a lot more than you are able to in general or learn to ignore people doesn't think the way you do.
  • Chimp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chimp interpolator
    welcome to the indie revolution! when you want tiny companies, you can't expect enterprise level resources. give them a break and wait. if you're depending on megascans for your project, you're a fool, and if you aren't, chill.
  • endeffect
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    endeffect polycounter lvl 8
    I don't think anybody started a project by depending on megascans date. The feedback was on start was more about updates and bugs of ddo, turned into a flaming war because some people really like throwing wood to flames.

I'm not happy with updates or stability of ddo too. I said so. Quixel doesn't even care but some people care a lot about negative feedback and try to give professionality lessons. I wish quixel was answering emails more and these kind of conversations would be hidden or cut from start by getting an answer from the company.

PS: If somebody dares to ask me an art thread because i gave feedback, i'm in the industry for the last 4 years and making architectural works in ue4 for a company (before was working on mobile games for some companies but i always hate that kind of work). I wish i could post my work but i'm under some kind of nda. I'm sure there are some people worked on military simulations too. Asking them for some work is absurd. Those kind of people doesn't even aware of this is quixel forum.

I hope everyone relaxes after this point and understands both flaming quixel and throwing wood into this changes nothing.
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    endeffect wrote: »
    learn to ignore people doesn't think the way you do.

If Polycount had an ignore function, you can believe I'd be using it on several people by now.
  • tungerz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tungerz polygon
    If Polycount had an ignore function, you can believe I'd be using it on several people by now.
    Are you saying that Quixel must have an ignore button?
  • David1983
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hahaha, sorry but i have to write this, quixel is using a ignore "button" alreday since 6 months!
  • WarrenM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    David1983 wrote: »
    @ Devil_Inside No comment, just read through my posts, i have no desire to repeat again what i alreay wrote.

In that case ...

stopposting.gif
  • RobeOmega
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RobeOmega polycounter lvl 10

I thought I saw this a few weeks ago. It turns out there is an ignore function built into Polycount.

eD5OeJZ.png
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Thanks for the information!
  • David1983
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @WarrenM, Simply stop responding to my posts, no one is forcing you to read what i write.
  • ghaztehschmexeh
    Robeomega wrote: »
    I thought I saw this a few weeks ago. It turns out there is an ignore function built into Polycount.

Heeeyyyy well at least something useful and constructive came out of this thread! Thanks friend!
  • David1983
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Criticism is always constructive to people who are open to it. It looks like you still didn't understand "ghaztehschmexeh" that this thread isn't about your needs or what you personaly think is constructive or not.
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It´s not that I ignore people per se, I just can´t hear them over the roar from the V10 engine of my gold plated, diamond studded Lamborghini.

I read every single post on this forum, sometimes I choose not to respond, this thread being one of those cases. It simply wont matter what I say. But I would really like to thank the people who have expressed support and concern for the personal well-being of the people on our team, much appreciated!

I fully understand that people get frustrated with missed deadlines and delays. On one hand we get bombarded every single day with requests from people and companies on release-dates, but from now on there will be no more dates. Its just taking to much of a toll on the people crunching, and if we miss the deadline people will get understandable disappointed. For a bigger company its somewhat easier to fill out the gaps of loosing members of the team for a period of time, for us there is no one to fill out the gap, everyone is already working at full capacity.
  • WarrenM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    David1983 wrote: »
    @WarrenM, Simply stop responding to my posts, no one is forcing you to read what i write.
    If you can whine endlessly then I can reserve the right to, every now and then, remind you to STFU. Free country.
  • David1983
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @WarrenM No comment to this.

@Eric I think you don't understand what i mean, it's not about the parody of quixels release dates, it is just about quixels support for the quixel suit. People can write what they want, i don't care but the truth is, there is no excuse for letting people wait six months with a buggy software and no updates.

And for your V10 Gold Lamborghini.... I have no idea where all the money goes, it's not my business, but i can say at least it is not going into support and updates!
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    David I know exactly what you mean, everybody on the forum knows by now. I get that you are not satisfied, but what you are doing is not helping. You complain a lot about the support, but the fact is that I´ve answered all your threads, But they are all about using the suite and not bugs. If you´re experiencing stability issues then create a new thread and let me try to help you instead of this badgering.

We only have limited resources and if we focus on the Suite some people will get dissapointed that Megascans is not being worked on, if we work on the Suite is the other way around. The roadmap right now is to focus on getting megascans out the door. There are still some people working on the next release of The Suite, but it won´t be ready until it will receive full focus from the team after Megascans is done.

Regarding the money, you made a comment that we´re just money-grabbers and don´t care for our customers, and that´s what I poked fun at. Because all we do here is work, the dev-team have had a total of two weeks vacation the last 2.5 years. I know as customers its really not your concern and it shouldn´t be either. But since the subject was brought up I thought I should adress it.

This thread is about the Delay of Megascans and any questions regarding that, It has turned quite nasty now so I hope everybody can calm down and refrain from personal attacks. Lets keep it on point and I will answer any questions regarding this subject. Thank you.
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NOTE FROM POLYCOUNT MODERATORS: David this has gone far enough. If you need to discuss this issue further, do it elsewhere.

Further derailment of this thread will result in a 5-day ban for you to cool off a bit.
This discussion has been closed.