Home Technical Talk

UV Packer IPackThat

Replies

• WarrenM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I find it really likes round and rectangular UV islands. Organic shapes can give it trouble and really slow it down.
  • S@murai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    S@murai polycounter lvl 6
    Are those your final UVs for the model? Or is that just a test?

It's outcome of 20min in Ipackthat. Usually it produces great results in 2min, but that's really bad :/ I have to rearrange them by hand which is problematic as I'm tight on deadline for many assets.
  • [PB]Snoelk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [PB]Snoelk polycounter lvl 7
    Hello folks :)
    ThatDon wrote: »
    I just started playing with the demo and had a question about groups…

I’m trying keep some organization to the auto pack process by grouping my uv shells based on the eventual textured material types… metals, plastics, rubbers, etc.

I’m running into an issue where each group seems to only want to pack itself in a perfect square, and then those squares get packed together. This is leaving me with large empty areas. Is it possible to get the groups to form into shapes other than squares? Possibly longer thinner shapes, or more puzzle like shapes to better fill in the wasted space?
    • thats a bit tricky. firstly the packed group areas try to pack inside a square but the resulting packed group will generate a outer contour which is following all internal clusters. the problem is that you are trying to create a group of 3 in a resulting rectangualr area. this wont work that good. is it possible to use one group as filling, meaning leave it as group 0? that way those clusters will be used to fill all holes and gaps. you also could try to use a 1:2 aspect ratio. i will think about this problem. maybe add aspects properties for each group. so you could setup each cluster with different internal packing aspect area.
    Anubis9 wrote: »
    ..., but I was wondering if and how soon are you planning on adding the OpenID support? ...
    • that was the first thing i tried to avoid the steam client. but it was a mess and i could not find any good tutorials with c# for it. will add that to my backlog and try to add open id. can't set a time frame yet. want to improve the packer and the algos first. this version of steam version check via steam web api is done only for the first time. after that i won't ask again. its like a logon to steam via web browser. its just to check if you own this version. will check again for good open id tutorials with steam to see if there is one.

S@murai wrote: »
    IPackThat works fine usually, but packing this mesh is super slow. Wonder why?
    mesh: https://mega.co.nz/#!wRhSDQYZ!4UFAB8UCzdxyI_3qYvPLlKi1RmY1yZ4oGJOaeAdRM2M (only for testing purposes, please do not use, do not sell)
    • send meshes to support@ipackthat.com with a small description. meshes that are send to me, will be handled very discreet.
    • now to your problem. that is a worst worst worst case scenario. those very thin and long clusters are extreme. is it possible to split some of them? when i looked at that uvlayout, even by hand this is extrem.
    • you could also try to add those thin long shapes to a own group so they are packed togeter and treated as one element. maybe that way things will get faster. will check that problem next week and look if its possible to speed things up.

still waiting for a steam employe to contact me to leave early access. hope they are not on vacation ^^
  • S@murai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    S@murai polycounter lvl 6
    now to your problem. that is a worst worst worst case scenario. those very thin and long clusters are extreme. is it possible to split some of them? when i looked at that uvlayout, even by hand this is extrem.

Haha, just found about it :) I tried to pack it by hand and it was awful. I get 51% used at max. Now i splited these long shapes to smaller slices and we will see. I planned to use tileable textures for this mesh, so I want as little shells as possible.

Ok. I reUVed mesh and is way better. I'm not sure but there is probably an error with counting used space. With this pack (4k, margin 8px) it show only 50.92% (in IPackThat) and 49% (when save comparison image) used :icon_question:

wIgckK5.png?1
  • [PB]Snoelk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That's weird. Something's fishy is going on. Will look into the calculation again. Maybe some problem after I switched to directx11
  • Anubis9
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anubis9 polycounter lvl 6
    [PB]Snoelk wrote: »
    • that was the first thing i tried to avoid the steam client. but it was a mess and i could not find any good tutorials with c# for it. will add that to my backlog and try to add open id. can't set a time frame yet. want to improve the packer and the algos first. this version of steam version check via steam web api is done only for the first time. after that i won't ask again. its like a logon to steam via web browser. its just to check if you own this version. will check again for good open id tutorials with steam to see if there is one.

Thanks for looking into it!
    I was also wondering if it might be easier (at least for now) to activate the software automatically when launched from Steam (personally I've got no issues launching it from the Steam client). So, if you launch it via the shortcut - it asks for the web-api login/pass, and if you launch it directly from Steam - it launches as a regular Steam application.
    Thanks in advance!
  • dzibarik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dzibarik polycounter lvl 10
    I've been playing with this software since yesterday and I've found that it works ok if only I export packed UVs with no overlaps and everything with 0-1 borders. If I export something messy (like not paked at all with various texel density) it just chuggs and fails to pack anything coherently. Is it a bug or am I doing something wrong?
  • beefaroni
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    beefaroni sublime tool
    Bug report:

I'm not able to split by material with an .obj. Here's my setup..

Low poly is 7 pieces and there are 6 materials. I export all of the pieces together as an .obj with materials and mat library checked. On the export dialog, it shows the materials have exported.

In IPackThat, I check split by material. No materials are split.

Also, sometimes some of the shells do not respect my "Is A Rectangle". I'll select a lot of shells, check that box, and upon starting the pack, it will forget the setting. I even double check that it's checked before i hit pack. Happened on two meshes now. If I select each shell individually it doesn't happen.

4141a381a0bd22ecbe277a66c867a151.png

cb72457d086cae700aafa636327a8a24.png

Finally, it doesn't seem like it's respecting the pack order of the groups. If I set like my big chunk to group 1 and the smaller chunks to group 2,3,4,5,6,7. It still packs the large one first. The same happens with the opposite method.
  • [PB]Snoelk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dzibarik wrote: »
    I've been playing with this software since yesterday and I've found that it works ok if only I export packed UVs with no overlaps and everything with 0-1 borders. If I export something messy (like not paked at all with various texel density) it just chuggs and fails to pack anything coherently. Is it a bug or am I doing something wrong?
    • ipackthat expect a uv layout that is valid. all uv shells should be scaled relative to each other. overlaps between shells should be only on those ones where you want them. its just about packing and not unwrapping.
    beefaroni wrote: »
    Bug report:
    I'm not able to split by material with an .obj. Here's my setup..

Low poly is 7 pieces and there are 6 materials. I export all of the pieces together as an .obj with materials and mat library checked. On the export dialog, it shows the materials have exported.

In IPackThat, I check split by material. No materials are split.
    • on it. will patch is asap
    Also, sometimes some of the shells do not respect my "Is A Rectangle". I'll select a lot of shells, check that box, and upon starting the pack, it will forget the setting. I even double check that it's checked before i hit pack. Happened on two meshes now. If I select each shell individually it doesn't happen.
    • will look into it
    Finally, it doesn't seem like it's respecting the pack order of the groups. If I set like my big chunk to group 1 and the smaller chunks to group 2,3,4,5,6,7. It still packs the large one first. The same happens with the opposite method.
    • that was intended by design. the resulting packed groups are treated as any other uv cluster in the packing stack.
    • i will add packing group properties soon
      • resulting packing area ratio ( 1:1, 1:2, 1:3 etc.)
      • packing order overide (use number as priority)

still waiting for someone from steam. checked the steamworks forums and many many people are complaining about no reaction (maybe they are on vacation?)
  • Thane-
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thane- polycounter lvl 3
    I don't suppose there would be an easy way to add prioritization of meshes, such that i could play floaters below the surface of the main HP mesh, but have the floater hit take priority over the main mesh? Then i wouldn't have to skew the cage so much to cover the floaters.

I don't even know if that is a good idea relative to the most efficient workflows and it wouldn't be helpful to an AO bake, but... is that a good idea?
  • [PB]Snoelk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Thane
    Are you in the right thread? No clue what you are talking about ^^ seems like something for baking.
  • Thane-
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thane- polycounter lvl 3
    Oops no. I thought i was in the Mightybake thread...sorry.
  • JedTheKrampus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JedTheKrampus polycounter lvl 8
    still waiting for someone from steam. checked the steamworks forums and many many people are complaining about no reaction (maybe they are on vacation?)

Well, TI5 is coming up really soon now so if they're busy with something it's pretty likely that it's that.
  • Rogue One
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rogue One polycounter lvl 7
    Hello,

New bug came up today. Installed on a new machine. After entering my SteamGuard code IPACKTHAT seems to cause steam to lose it's connection to the server and will not activate. It will just hang.

Version 1.7.5665.20634

I have tired to remove and reinstall twice. Same thing :S

Any ideas? Thanks
  • Rogue One
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    * edit double post
  • [PB]Snoelk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mhhh seems like the serial.dat got broken. Try one thing. Locate the folder where steam installed the tool. Open context menu on ipackthat inside steam. Second tab, something with local files. There you can open an explorer view on the install folder. Look there for serial.dat and steamguard.bin. Delete both files and start ipackthat.exe. This will restart the validation process.
  • Rogue One
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I had a look and I have no such file in my install folder and I searched for serial.dat and steamguard.bin and I dont have any on my PC at all.

http://i.imgur.com/6wwyQuI.png

I also turned off steam guard but the same thing happens, when IPACKTHAT start to load it breaks the connection I have with steam. :(
  • [PB]Snoelk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ipackthatsteamguard.bin
    Try to delete this one. What's the specs of your new system? Mail to support@ipackthat.com
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey, this looks really cool. I haven't had time to try it out but want to make some time to do so soon. I'm curious about a couple things (sorry if these have been answered already, I haven't read the whole thread):

1. I typically don't want my islands rotated at random degrees, this is really important for mechanical hard surface work, if your uv edges are at arbitrary angles the texture will look blurrier than if it was straight lines. So, can I allow the app to rotate, but only at 90 degree increments?

2. How does the padding work, let's say I want 16 pixels of padding for a 4K texture, is there an easy way to define that?

3. How do overlapping elements work? Lets say I have 6 screw heads overlapping to reuse the texture space. Will your tool pack these as one element, or will it auto pack so that each element has unique space? I would expect the group to be retained, but most auto packing tools seem to pack them individually.

Thanks
  • beefaroni
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    beefaroni sublime tool
    1. YES. There is a checkbox called "is a rectangle", you can set rotation increments (90 degrees). However it's slightly buggy right now. Disabling rotation all together seems to work though.

To add to this, you can also select certain shells that you only want to rotate 90 degrees or not at all. Let's say you have a giant piece (like a gun stock) that is scaled to take up as much room as possible since it's the largest piece. You don't want it to rotate or anything. You can set that individual cluster to not be affected by the packing process. Everything will just pack around it. You can also group parts of the UV together (think pica-tinny rail with all of those UV seams).

2.EZ-PZ. You can set texture resolution and then you can interactively see the padding on the shells. You can also set bounding padding.

3. There are options in import to specify if there are overlapping shells. I packed a co-workers model as a test (had 6 knives which overlapped). Not a problem.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok sweet, playing with it a bit now. What's the option for mirrored shells on import called? I only see options for bounds, splitting by mesh/material and aligning to grid.
  • JedTheKrampus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JedTheKrampus polycounter lvl 8
    New crash for you to investigate, if you wish. I was setting up IPackThat to pack UVs for a specific resolution and used this mesh with the following settings:

IuCudT6.png

Exception detail:
    System.OverflowException was unhandled
    Message: An unhandled exception of type 'System.OverflowException' occurred in Piranha.Graphics.ShapeTools
    Additional information: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.

Backtrace (obfuscated of course):

8AXGbPN.png

Can you reproduce?
  • MooseCommander
    EarthQuake wrote: »
    Ok sweet, playing with it a bit now. What's the option for mirrored shells on import called? I only see options for bounds, splitting by mesh/material and aligning to grid.

I believe it is on by default - overlapping UVs are considered one UV island. So if your mirrored UVs are offset out of 0-1, you should overlap them for packing and then separate them again afterwards.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    I have 2 different materials and I would like to keep the same texel density even though they are on different texture sheets. How do I get Ipackthat to respect the original size of UVs (even if larger than the 1:1 box? They have already been normalized in engine.
  • Phoenix995
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Phoenix995 polycounter
    are there any news about leaving early access? :)
  • narticus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    narticus polycounter lvl 7
    I was using this for smaller, lower poly props a few months back and it was working great. Now, it seems to be slower, and less productive.

Here are my settings:
    jwWRXDE.png

and my comparison image:
    rwmf1DA.png

See how it's not fitting the smaller pieces into the large holes of the larger pieces?

Any help?
  • WarrenM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Did you try lowering your margin size? It can only do so much if the islands have to remain 32 units apart.
  • Stromberg90
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stromberg90 polycounter lvl 11
    Also letting it run longer than 10 mins, I think on each 10'th solution it mutates.
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    It's slower because of how many UV islands you have, 868 is a lot more than what most models will use.
  • narticus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cool, thanks guys. I definitely need to redo my UVs on the models. Will probably tile/reuse a bunch of space.

@Stromber90 What exactly does that mean?
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    what exactly is that model?

Was that an automatic unwrap? Lightmap?
  • narticus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah it was a quick unwrap, which was my main problem. I have since gone in and welded a lot of UV seams, which turned out a much quicker and better result from IPackThat. Will post my recent layout once I'm home.
  • dzibarik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dzibarik polycounter lvl 10
    Is there a batch mode?
  • [PB]Snoelk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello folks,

back from vacation with family :)
    Time to answer some questions ^^
    EarthQuake wrote: »
    • not available in current release but already added to my current build and will be uploaded in the next update (upcomming days)
    New crash for you to investigate, if you wish. I was setting up IPackThat to pack UVs for a specific resolution and used this mesh with the following settings: ...
    • tested and got the same crash with the current available build, but its not happening anymore with my current build. Will be available with the new patch also
    oXYnary wrote: »
    I have 2 different materials and I would like to keep the same texel density even though they are on different texture sheets. How do I get Ipackthat to respect the original size of UVs (even if larger than the 1:1 box? They have already been normalized in engine.
    • this is a tricky one. that needs to be a prestep over multiple meshes to normalize the textel density between them. need to think abaout it. mybe i add a seperate commandbutton where you could select multipe meshes and it will normalize all uv's between them
    Phoenix995 wrote: »
    are there any news about leaving early access? :)
    • still waiting for respone from steam. plenty on steamworks forums complain about the inactivity of steam currently (gamescom?)
    dzibarik wrote: »
    Is there a batch mode?
    • yep, check IPackThat_BatchFile.pdf in the ipackthat folder. also available in the demo.

in the upcomming update i changed some defaults for importing files and cluster properties. Here a short list of the changes

• overlap detection is now turned off by default on import
    • find smallest bounds in the cluster properties is disabled by default now
    • save file will automaticly overwrite the last file (the filedialog is already filled with the last filepath and filename)
    • added mirrored bakeoffsets as import option (only enabled if you turn on use bakeoffsets)
    • fixed a bug where create groups by material id was not working when clusters where selected
    • some small tweaks and bugfixes

hope steam team is back in action after the gamescom.
  • Modo Jojo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Modo Jojo null
    Hi...

Been using IPackThat for a few days now... fantastic app!

I have a feature request, if it's not too late... I'd find it useful if the app could give you some sort of alert, like playing a sound, or maybe a Windows notification when it finds a new "best" layout...

I don't know if that's already been asked for, or if it's already a feature and I've just not found it...

Thanks
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    Hello folks,

• this is a tricky one. that needs to be a prestep over multiple meshes to normalize the textel density between them. need to think abaout it. mybe i add a seperate commandbutton where you could select multipe meshes and it will normalize all uv's between them

Hi Snoelk,

Not what I meant as I already have them normalized. I just need Ipackthat to respect their size in comparison to the UV space. Even if that means it will have to pack them outside the 1:1 boundaries or smaller than the uv space. So if I choose 4096X4096, it will use a "square" algorithm and pack the final version into a square layout, again even outside/inside boundaries Basically a version where it wont shrink or enlarge the UVs to fit that island. As well as yes, packing multiple materials together as well.
  • Krisidious
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Friend showed me this and while trying the demo I got several errors... Thought I should post the results for your information.

tried to import .3ds car body with uvw unwrap done in max.
    result, opened fine, showed me the map.

figured I'd see what it did with a model with no mapping.

tried to import .3ds with no map.
    result. failed after selection of splitting options. I tried each option and none changed.

error 1
    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
    Problem Signature 01: IPackThat.exe
    Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0
    Problem Signature 03: 552d107d
    Problem Signature 04: Piranha.Graphics.ShapeTools
    Problem Signature 05: 1.7.5582.25344
    Problem Signature 06: 552d1071
    Problem Signature 07: 1b3
    Problem Signature 08: 60
    Problem Signature 09: NZPB1Q4GFWV41H5D2ACU3KWBPGO4KAER
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: df14
    Additional Information 2: df14b04a50e86110bccf3e37326442bb
    Additional Information 3: ffcd
    Additional Information 4: ffcd31524d20382f4b4ebca6fe9effe5

tried to import .fbx with and without mapping.
    result. failed after splitting selections.

error 2
    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
    Problem Signature 01: IPackThat.exe
    Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0
    Problem Signature 03: 552d107d
    Problem Signature 04: Piranha.Graphics.ShapeTools
    Problem Signature 05: 1.7.5582.25344
    Problem Signature 06: 552d1071
    Problem Signature 07: 1b3
    Problem Signature 08: 60
    Problem Signature 09: NZPB1Q4GFWV41H5D2ACU3KWBPGO4KAER
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: df14
    Additional Information 2: df14b04a50e86110bccf3e37326442bb
    Additional Information 3: ffcd
    Additional Information 4: ffcd31524d20382f4b4ebca6fe9effe5

I'm sure it's something I've done wrong, I didn't read any directions and just exported the ipack folder to my desktop and ran it.

sweet little program though... I'll be watching. :thumbup:
  • WarrenM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnarY

I'm curious what the usage case is that for. If you don't care about the 0-1 UV range then why does it matter what the pack looks like if you've already normalized all the UV islands? It sounds like pointless busy work unless there's something I don't see here.
  • [PB]Snoelk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello folks,

just uploading the promissed update. Will be available the next minutes.
    Got ill the last days so i could not add more stuff to the update.

Here a short road map for the next coming update.

• enabeling/adding full aspect ratio controll
    • adding possibillity to optimize/crunch/LoD the outlines of the clusters
      • individually per cluster
      • less outline vertices -> better performance
      • allignment could be less accurate if outline is crunched
      • talked about that with some artists and could be a nice feature to speed up organics or test packings
    • scale options (scale up/down) to allow clusters to fill up empty room while packing
    still waiting for steam!! this is getting silly

Krisidious
    oXYnary wrote: »
    Hi Snoelk,
    Not what I meant as I already have them normalized. I just need Ipackthat to respect their size in comparison to the UV space. Even if that means it will have to pack them outside the 1:1 boundaries or smaller than the uv space. So if I choose 4096X4096, it will use a "square" algorithm and pack the final version into a square layout, again even outside/inside boundaries Basically a version where it wont shrink or enlarge the UVs to fit that island. As well as yes, packing multiple materials together as well.
    • thats a problem with the current implemented algorithm. he needs exact boundaries to measure the result. If he don't have those boundaries it will run havoc. Whats the reason for such behavior? the main purpose of the tool was to minimize texel wastage. your description produces illegal mapping. How u use such uvlayout when it cant be used for textures?

Modo Jojo wrote: »
    Hi...
    Been using IPackThat for a few days now... fantastic app!

I have a feature request, if it's not too late... I'd find it useful if the app could give you some sort of alert, like playing a sound, or maybe a Windows notification when it finds a new "best" layout...

I don't know if that's already been asked for, or if it's already a feature and I've just not found it...
    Thanks
    • small feature. will try to add that in the next update :)
  • ghostdom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ghostdom polycounter lvl 3
    It would be great to add the support of the latest FBX format. Now It is 2016.1 in Maya and the app does not understand it.

And it would be great to make it a bit faster. It works not very fast with meshes containing a lot of shells now(hardsurface).

PS: great app.
  • Sammy101
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sammy101 polycounter lvl 6
    Hello folks,

just uploading the promissed update. Will be available the next minutes.
    Got ill the last days so i could not add more stuff to the update.

Here a short road map for the next coming update.

• enabeling/adding full aspect ratio controll
    • adding possibillity to optimize/crunch/LoD the outlines of the clusters
      • individually per cluster
      • less outline vertices -> better performance
      • allignment could be less accurate if outline is crunched
      • talked about that with some artists and could be a nice feature to speed up organics or test packings
    • scale options (scale up/down) to allow clusters to fill up empty room while packing
    still waiting for steam!! this is getting silly

Krisidious

• thats a problem with the current implemented algorithm. he needs exact boundaries to measure the result. If he don't have those boundaries it will run havoc. Whats the reason for such behavior? the main purpose of the tool was to minimize texel wastage. your description produces illegal mapping. How u use such uvlayout when it cant be used for textures?

• small feature. will try to add that in the next update :)

So does this mean you can label clusters in priority and it will put those first? And then it fills the left over UV space? I am waiting for this option to come into the release, because that will make my life 100x easier when uv packing.
  • OccultMonk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OccultMonk interpolator
    Is it correct that IPackThat uses only about 20-30% of a 8 core CPU? I put it on 16 threads and 8 threads and it seemed to make little difference in CPU utilization.
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm using it right now and I see something that I would like.

In the cluster settings you have:
    'ignore processing'
    'gind smallest bounds'
    'is a rectangle'
    'can rotate'

I would love:
    'can scale'
    and have a min max scale percentage attributed to it.
  • OccultMonk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OccultMonk interpolator
    I have not read the whole thread so sorry if this has been mentioned before but:

- A Batch function would be nice (so you can let IPackThat run through the night or on a second computer. IpackThat that could automatically stop when the required percentage is reached or when the maximum time has run out. Then move to the next file.
    - The batcher can used the saved mesh settings. So you set up your meshes in IpackThat and then let the batcher run on these saved setting files.
  • mystichobo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mystichobo polycounter lvl 12
    I'm using it right now and I see something that I would like.

In the cluster settings you have:
    'ignore processing'
    'gind smallest bounds'
    'is a rectangle'
    'can rotate'

I would love:
    'can scale'
    and have a min max scale percentage attributed to it.

This would be amazing for stuff with barely visible faces.
  • Farfarer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OccultMonk wrote: »
    I have not read the whole thread so sorry if this has been mentioned before but:

- A Batch function would be nice (so you can let IPackThat run through the night or on a second computer. IpackThat that could automatically stop when the required percentage is reached or when the maximum time has run out. Then move to the next file.
    - The batcher can used the saved mesh settings. So you set up your meshes in IpackThat and then let the batcher run on these saved setting files.

You should be able to set up a batch - the XML specification is in the help docs, I think. If not, it's online.
  • pasha_sevez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pasha_sevez polycounter lvl 13
    Faced strange problem - IPackThat simply doesn't start. After PC restart I was asked me to re-enter my steam login/pass for activation - after that only loading screen lasting forever - without errors or any messages. I have no idea what have happened to it. My current version is 1.7.5708.16107. Mario, what can I do to make it starting again?
  • [PB]Snoelk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello folks :)
    OccultMonk wrote: »

• already implemented since many version. check the batch pdf inside the ipackthat root for details
    • the batch processing already uses the specific mesh settings

Faced strange problem - IPackThat simply doesn't start. After PC restart I was asked me to re-enter my steam login/pass for activation - after that only loading screen lasting forever - without errors or any messages. I have no idea what have happened to it. My current version is 1.7.5708.16107. Mario, what can I do to make it starting again?
    • check if it helps if you are delete the serial.dat file
    • if it isn't helping, i'm currently implementing some sort of debug logging that writes log messages inside a text file. when im finished with it i could send you one of those special version to check whats going on. you are the second one that is reporting this kind of bug.

still waiting for steam to leave early access. starts to annoy me :poly122:
  • pasha_sevez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pasha_sevez polycounter lvl 13
    • check if it helps if you are delete the serial.dat file
    • if it isn't helping, i'm currently implementing some sort of debug logging that writes log messages inside a text file. when im finished with it i could send you one of those special version to check whats going on. you are the second one that is reporting this kind of bug.

still waiting for steam to leave early access. starts to annoy me :poly122:

Mario, unfortunately the problem still persists. I've removed file C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IPackThat\serial.dat, but nothing happened. Waiting for your debug version! )
  • [PB]Snoelk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pasha_sevez

i uploaded a new versionm to the test beta branch
    goto steam
    right click on IPackThat
    -> Properties
    select tab BETAS
    select from the combo drop down box
    test- beta test (no code needed)
    press close button

the beta version will be downloaded.
    start when finished.

i have the feeling it has something to do with write access settings.
    if a message box will show up telling error writing file inform me and i will see what i can do.

when the tool is starting and is going to the spinning loop without doing anything kill the task.
    in the root where ipackthat is installed you will find a file called LogOutput.csv.
    send this to support@ipackthat.com