Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

I introduce myself with my work

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
Blaizer interpolator
Hi all, i have re-registered my self in the forum laugh.gif

I introduce myself with my work of those 2 past months. Some people may remember me, i participated in a comp over here laugh.gif.

Well, most of them were created with the intention to do a normal map model, but due to lazyness i always finished modelling a new one, designs of my sketchbook. Two are merely redesigns.

This was my last gameart participation over Cgchat, my House-Forum hahaha laugh.gif.

ph002.jpg
I did not rig him, so i will make a nice rig for a beauty render in a short time(for my outcoming website portfolio i have in mind).

Let's start with the Rush laugh.gif. First, i must say that all the models are quad only meshes (no tris), subdiv, and modelled in Max, using my A4 Wacom (not the mouse as usual, i feel very confortable using the digital pen of the tablet)
This is the fiend monster from Quake, or maybe a Blaizerish Fiend hehe :P, one or the re-designs i talked. Done around 3 days, it is still WIP. There are some things i must retouch like leg muscles, horns and minor mesh refinements.
fiend005.jpg

Another Fan model, this was an hydralisk for a normal map model too for a CGchat comp.
hydralisco001.jpg
A face detail
hydralisco004.jpg
For this model i still must retouch some parts like the "rib cage"

An armored monster, totally brute force laugh.gif. I spent on him 3 days of hard work. This model was a pain in the ass. I was sitted more than 4 hours per day without standing up LOL. Now i have a nice ergonomic and very confortable chair haha laugh.gif.
insector016.jpg

A weird kind of alien, 4 days. His mouth is very complex, so complex that i spent almost 2 days to finish it. I was not so fast then.
alien_006.jpg

This is a fast excersice, to push out my limits of modelling. Only One day (in my spare time of course). A nice and clean mesh for me.
alienz02.jpg

Another modelling excersice to upgrade my 3d modelling skills. Also, one day and not a very complex design to model, only is a worm, isn't it?.
gusano001.jpg

In this last past week i have done those last 2 models. The first was a design i had in my old website. Maybe some of you from the old polycount may remember him, if not i will post the concept.
monstruo2_002.jpg

A big render of him
monstruo2_005.jpg

The last for now laugh.gif, another kind of alien. I put 2 renders of him for a better appreciation of the design. Not a great thing really, but i'm very happy with him.
grenstar003.jpg
a side view
grenstar005.jpg

The ideal thing would be to map them and give them also a nice pass of detail with Zbrush. Unaffortunately, i can have so much detail and less work decently with my home machine (p4 1700 with radeon 9700, it runs very slow UT2K4). I'm thinking to buy an new Intel Dual Core computer with a Quadro videocard.

All the critics, questions and suggestions are welcome.

If you wonder "how fast this guy can model" i'd say that the tip is start modelling a low poly model, subdivide 1 time, and them refine the mesh till you get the desired result. Like a real sculptor does, it is not a secret.

I hope you enjoyed, haha big post the first here eh!
see you!

NOTE: if the images does not appear, it should be that the host have exceeded the bandwidth laugh.gif.

Replies