Home General Discussion

Brazilian Gov. Bans Counter-Strike, EverQuest

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
TheWinterLord polycounter lvl 17
Brazilian Government Bans Counter-Strike, EverQuest, Fun.... what why?

Why those two games anyway?

http://kotaku.com/346800/brazilian-government-bans-counter+strike-everquest-fun

Replies

• pliang
    Offline / Send Message
    pliang polycounter lvl 17
    Last time they banned something was when a swimsuit model was videotaped getting frisky at the beach and YouTube got attacked for that...

Might as well block the internet.
  • Ferg
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
    Ah yes... the pointless banning of things by governments that appear to want nothing more than to remind people of who's in charge.

The Iranian president apparently "abolished" daylight savings time a while ago because it "went against the teachings of islam"

"Today I declare that oranges are banned! Because one squirted in my eye the other day and it stung like a bitch... and its against islam or somethnig... fuck oranges"
  • j_bradford
    Offline / Send Message
    j_bradford polycounter lvl 17
    ..In other news, Brazilian workforce productivity goes through the roof! huzzah! wink.gif
  • Penzer
    Offline / Send Message
    Penzer polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    The Iranian president apparently "abolished" daylight savings time a while ago because it "went against the teachings of islam"

[/ QUOTE ]

Saskatchewan, one of the central provinces here in Canada, doesn't do daylight savings time either. They just don't do it as of like a hundred years ago.
  • Asherr
    Offline / Send Message
    Asherr polycounter lvl 18
    there's a difference in not using daylight savings time and abolishing it due to religious reasons.
    the town just across the river in West Virginia from where i live (Kentucky) used to not have/participate in daylight savings time.
  • McIlroy
    Offline / Send Message
    McIlroy polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    ..In other news, Brazilian workforce productivity goes through the roof! huzzah! wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Did they ban world of warcraft also ?????
  • neolith
    Offline / Send Message
    neolith polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Brazilian Government Bans Counter-Strike, EverQuest, Fun.... what why?

[/ QUOTE ]
    Simple minds, simple solutions.
  • hawken
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    [ QUOTE ]
    Ah yes... the pointless banning of things by governments that appear to want nothing more than to remind people of who's in charge.

"Today I declare that oranges are banned! Because one squirted in my eye the other day and it stung like a bitch... and its against islam or somethnig... fuck oranges"

[/ QUOTE ]

yes but 1sst world nations would never ban useful intelligent things like abortion and stem cell research, right?
  • Ferg
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
    well, honestly, how do they expect me to eat babies if we give people the option of not having them? Abortion and stem cell research would put an unacceptable strain on our edible baby supply, and I just can't support that.
  • hawken
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    which brings me to the question, in the start of hellboy when all those kittens are delivered, I never got if eats them or just likes to pet them.

Does hellboy eat kittens?
  • Ferg
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17