Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UDK] Cyberpunk Hotel - WIP

polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
Lucas Annunziata polycounter lvl 13
I've been posting a few of these props in the waywo thread, but here is the environment that I've been creating them for. The premise is a skeezy hotel in a BladeRunner meets Dark City universe, with a little bit of Bioshock and The Matrix thrown in for good measure. So it used to be classy and nice, but it has been retrofitted with new tech over the years, is in disrepair, wet from the constant film noir rain and is mostly inhabited by prostitutes, drug addicts, etc. Right now most of the objects just have basic materials on them, aren't unwrapped, and may not even be the final geometry but this is where I'm at.

One thing that I'm struggling to get across is a good contrast between the deco, classy elements and the "80's version of future tech" stuff. I've got a few crt monitors/tvs thrown in there, but I need to push it further. The bed design needs some love, and the room doors will also be all clunky future tech as well. I'd like to get an atm somewhere in the entrance, and pimp out the front desk to a cooler design. Any suggestions or references for this kind of stuff would be appreciated. I've watched through bladerunner and dark city multiple times while working on this to get inspired.

LucasAnnunziataCyberPunkHotel_01.jpg
LucasAnnunziataCyberPunkHotel_02.jpg
LucasAnnunziataCyberPunkHotel_03.jpg
LucasAnnunziataCyberPunkHotel_04.jpg
LucasAnnunziataCyberPunkHotel_05.jpg
LucasAnnunziataCyberPunkHotel_06.jpg

And a little bit of prop pimpin.
armoireWIP2.jpg

Hi Poly
leatherBench.jpg

Low poly (I'm considering using the dx11 tessellation to get some more depth in this, but I'm curious what y'all think.)
leatherBench2.jpg

Thanks for stoppin' by.

Replies