Home Technical Talk

UV Island overlap weld

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
TCarneiro polycounter lvl 5
First of all sorry if this was already asked (probably) but I had no idea what to search and I didn't found anything.

So I got this model and I for some reason that I dont know, welded 2 islands (that are not connected) in one single island. So they're overlaping but they're welded. Is there a way to simply break the islands without the need to redo the uvs?

oWRKENQ.png

Replies

• TCarneiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You know what.. a user just showed me a way to do this. Just select the islands overlaping, leave 1 selected and CTRL+B and it will break.
    Simple and I haven't thinked about this before.. I just need to avoid welding the vertex again.
  • peanut™
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    peanut™ polycounter lvl 19
    This looks to be under 3dsmax, you know upon the first moments of unwrapping the islands turnning red is a give away that something is overlapping. Make a test first and look for errors or weirdness.
  • TCarneiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah this is on 3DsMax, the problem was not the overlaping uvs, because that was intentional. The problem was when i tried to shift overlap the vertex were actually welded. Even if the actual mesh was not even connected. A nasty bug that I have no idea how happened.