Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

<Student> Ship Cannon

Hello, just a cannon here for a game asset

Please Crit before I start to UV and Texture.

312x0yp.jpg[/IMG]2h3wgvd.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG][/img]vdd2rt.jpg

Replies

• JunkieKong
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JunkieKong greentooth
    May just be perspective distortion but everything seems a bit too long with this cannon. And the centres of the wheels somehow look off-centre. Also not sure what ref you were looking at but most cannons don't just rest on top of the wooden base, there are usually slots for the pegs to rest in:
    nfHZZKU.jpg?1?5137
    I would suggest going back and looking at some more ref images and tweak that geo to get it closer to the real deal. And I hope you're not going to leave those ngons in.
    Sorry to be such a picky bastard but I'm actually working on something similar at the moment.
  • CrazyMan09
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Your not being a picky bastard.

Ill make the changes and re-upload. Thanks for the comments.
  • Erafic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Erafic polycounter lvl 10
    Depending on how realistic you want your cannon I'd consider looking at the thickness of the barrel. Right now it looks a bit thin but perhaps not strong enough to withstand the explosion needed to propel any cannonballs or shrapnel without. Looking at some references they usually come off as thicker: historic_cannon_01.jpg

Though of course there's exceptions (Never think they've actually fired those, more ornamental): TheTsarCannonJuly2004.jpg
  • CrazyMan09
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yes good point, Ill make sure to make it thicker. Thanks for pointing that out.
  • 3dReaper
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    3dReaper polycounter lvl 4
    Do you have a reference image(s)?

It looks like most of the cannon is ill-proportioned.
  • CrazyMan09
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I made some changes, still have some Ngons to sort out and need to make the part that locks the cannon down thicker. Any more feedback would be greatly appreciated.

[IMG][/img]wsjp53.jpg
    [IMG][/img]2lw4xzb.jpg
    [IMG][/img]33vgr34.jpg