Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Hello, I am Sumit Das. Here goes my WIPs

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
sumitdas polycounter lvl 7
Hi there I guess I am not violating any rules by Creating my own WIPs here.
If it is wrong do inform me and if possible do Tell me where can I show my WIPs.

Here is my first try on a Steampunk hut recreation of this image

Still need to add some stuffs and some texturing left

hope you would like it

Cheers
Sumit

Replies

• sumitdas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Any Critics? It will help me
  • skodone
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skodone polycounter lvl 2
    you should try to get some different values into the wood and the small house fI is with a different hue than the big wooden part

aloso the proportions of the chimneys are not correct check the red rings and the upper part of the smaller chimney is far smaller and thinner. the small house is a bit too high and wide, the roof sail is more round. i would tweak the proportions more.

are you handpainting the textures? if so add highlights and shadows on the edges to define the form more.

You also added some stuff that isnt there in the concept, dunno how far you want to stick to it. if youre ok with interpreting but not totally doing the concept i would really focus on making the textures far more crisp and varying. Add small details and define the materials more and the thing will be far more lively.
  • Carabiner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Carabiner greentooth
    Hi - I think you really need to work on proportions here, and focus on matching the concept. There are lots of key shapes that are off. Did you do a basic blockout before you started?

For example, there are several things that are way too thick and chunky, making this look more like a tiny model than a realistically-proportioned hut. Some of the too-chunky things are the stairs and divisions in the windows. Also, why are there the larger rungs in the ladder?

Is the front of the hut just a few flat polys? I'd really add some definition to the window (I'd probably model it separately.) Also, the front part should be flat on the far side (see concept).

Also in the future, it would help to embed your images instead of attaching them.
  • sumitdas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the really helpful tips. I didn't receive any notification of your replies so sorry for such a late response.
    But unfortunately my External HDD crashed where I kept my files saved and this one is lost for ever. I will do work on my proportions as I figured out only after you said. Yes most of the textures were Hand-painted.
    I will post one of my Wip soon to get some Priceless Critics.