Home Dota 2

Dota 2 - Workshop Thread

Replies

• crazyone
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyone polycounter lvl 5
    Haven't done anything in a while , some old stuff finally finished...
    comp_1_3_by_crazyudjin-d8n4uyc.gif
  • AstraZeroZak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Finally released a new set for Tiny! Hope you enjoy! Support us if you like it!

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=413807531
    Arcane Stone

F2D0131520B90B230735164564DE45286C0BB762
  • zoiid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zoiid polycounter lvl 12
    It seems that the update for faceless void is finally out.
  • ILM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ILM polycounter lvl 7
    zoiid wrote: »
    It seems that the update for faceless void is finally out.
    good morning
  • Anuxinamoon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anuxinamoon polycounter lvl 14
    love the tiny set and tweeted it!
  • zoiid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zoiid polycounter lvl 12
    ILM wrote: »
    good morning
    to you also a fine morning sir ;)
  • BohSheh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BohSheh polycounter lvl 9
    94E69D0563AAAF656131BFCC9A60ED4AD507DBA9
    Guys I had finally completed my hook :D . Promo video is in the link . I haven submitted the custom particle and animation yet ! :D
  • MrNobody109
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MrNobody109 polycounter lvl 4
    Some wip on concept for Bristleback x)

245f19c29dbeec04458480226b4ac0f1.jpg
  • AndrewHelenek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AndrewHelenek polycounter lvl 6
    http://steamcommunity.com/games/dota2/announcements/detail/239029130359309661

Chill bros, you get your free ticket, even if they waited until after the normal tickets went on sale. :thumbup:
  • zoiid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zoiid polycounter lvl 12
    @BohSheh the video turned out nice! Good job on it and the item!

I finished my first workshop item today thanks to a lot of polycounters of this thread who were patient with me and answered all my questions!
    It is a weapon for void. I hope you like it :).

0DB53629944EE8513E9032E257C4F8320E0933D3
  • Vayne4800
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vayne4800 polycounter lvl 3
    http://steamcommunity.com/games/dota2/announcements/detail/239029130359309661

Chill bros, you get your free ticket, even if they waited until after the normal tickets went on sale. :thumbup:

Cool. I'll apply this time!
  • BohSheh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zoiid wrote: »
    @BohSheh the video turned out nice! Good job on it and the item!

I finished my first workshop item today thanks to a lot of polycounters of this thread who were patient with me and answered all my questions!
    It is a weapon for void. I hope you like it :).

thanks mate :) good luck on your weapon !
  • zoiid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zoiid polycounter lvl 12
    BohSheh wrote: »
    thanks mate :) good luck on your weapon !
    thanks you too! :thumbup:
  • Nobiru
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nobiru polycounter lvl 2
  • Stirner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stirner polycounter lvl 2
    BH set is done! Let me know if someone's interested in collab.
    wa4htF1.png
  • BohSheh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stirner wrote: »

unique! it would be better if u can make slight variation between the 2 blade unless it is intentional
  • Nikey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nikey polycounter lvl 10
    Hello everyone! Me and Ike_Ike finished set for Antimage, we hope you will like it!

7xhptEdscSg.jpg
  • motenai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    motenai polycounter lvl 18
    Stirner wrote: »
    I really like the concept, but the main blade standard animations wouldn't work with the design you did, cause BH has a main blade with a side handle, and a spear-like thing at the opposite side...and he uses it in some attack variations
  • Stirner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stirner polycounter lvl 2
    Thank you guys! I'm currently working on it so I'll post another version of these blades and shuriken sooner.
  • Channfree
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys, check out this new ward that I animated, in a collab with Feeka Workshop!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaWokdnBfZY[/ame]http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=416455209
  • Zerath
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi everyone!
    I finished my first item, a weapon for Slark. Nothing too fancy, but I think this is a good start.
    Octoblade:
    octoblade.jpg

octoblade.gif

Now I need to sort out my tax info stuff.
  • yakonusuke
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yakonusuke polycounter lvl 2
    Really nice! Great shape and colors.
  • Clyptic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Clyptic polycounter lvl 6
    Finished this WD set.

y0g4nU2.jpg
  • kite212
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kite212 polycounter lvl 15
    Zerath wrote: »
    Hi everyone!
    I finished my first item, a weapon for Slark. Nothing too fancy, but I think this is a good start.
    Now I need to sort out my tax info stuff.

I like the shape of this as well as the colors, I just think that you can push the masks further, especially with the metal parts. I would say increase the metal just a bit and then increase the spec on the metal, but add some darker spots in the spec, like dirt and stuff to break it up. Keep at it! Happy hatting!
  • Kramolnik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brewmaster set – Heady Blossom. I dont know why so few sets on him... so my work:
    Loading_Screen_900.jpg
  • Eddy Shin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Eddy Shin polycounter lvl 6
    Hi guys
    Im newbie and this is my first time i join dota 2 workshop.
    I have some problem with creating particles of Jug's sword. Can anyone help me how tơ creat them? :(
    Pls thx so much :(
    2015-04-02_00001_zps97bxy6hh.jpg
    juggernaut_zpsrargneem.jpg
  • Hunter-Killer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hunter-Killer polycounter lvl 4
    @AstraZeroZak - Very nice Tiny set, I really like the detached arms.
    @Nikey - AM set came out great and as many have mentioned the metal mask is spot on!
    @Clyptic - That mask makes WD look really sinister, nice job!
    @Channfree - Silly looking ward, but in a good way!
    @Nobiru - I like how you gave Lich an almost Persian outfit look, fitting!

Shameless cross-post from my thread, any feedback would be awesome!

ClockBot is nearing completion. The animations (created by Chay) are good as finished and the particles are on the way. Below are a few examples of it in motion:
    Cptq1XP.gif0D9f92t.gifntsb5Kj.gifw9RxZ7m.gif

Next project is a courier based on Night Stalker called "BatCat"
    Still in the early concept stage so just a basic blockout for now. Unsure if to go for the wings on the back or under the arm (personally I prefer the wings on the back)
    If people have any suggestions or feedback would be very grateful to hear it!
    3kWEw4Y.jpg
  • Insaneophobia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Insaneophobia polycounter lvl 5
    Blade and I's set, Seven Sins of Gialias is finished!
    Come upvote it if you enjoy it! :D
    5973EF773C3C1A1A64EF7CF6E5586DAE7528291F
  • belkun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    belkun polycounter lvl 7
    Just submitted an Earthshaker set with FudgieWudgie! A bit of a different take on the usual 'generic' themes he gets, and we also went from the initial ideas to the final submission in a bit over a week, which was actually really fun. Go check it out on the Workshop!

naW5q8q.jpg

Also, I created a blog to post some of the progress and documentation of my Dota 2 projects, and everything about ES is up there if anyone is interested. Here's the link: http://belkun.tumblr.com/
  • Clyptic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Eddy Shin: If you are asking about creating new particle effects, I would stay away from them for the time being. Valve has said they are working on a new particle engine or something of the sort, and has asked us to refrain from using them until then.

@Hunter-Killer: For your courier I think you should make some of the facial features less cartoon like even if you are going for a cute look. His mouth/lip areas are a bit to round and his overall head shape is pretty much a sphere. I would try to keep it a little closer to Night Stalker in form.
  • Eddy Shin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Clyptic wrote: »
    @Eddy Shin: If you are asking about creating new particle effects, I would stay away from them for the time being. Valve has said they are working on a new particle engine or something of the sort, and has asked us to refrain from using them until then.

@Hunter-Killer: For your courier I think you should make some of the facial features less cartoon like even if you are going for a cute look. His mouth/lip areas are a bit to round and his overall head shape is pretty much a sphere. I would try to keep it a little closer to Night Stalker in form.

@Clyptic: thx a lot, but can i ask some more question? :D
    can you help me where i should import the healing ward of Jug? And how many tris i can create for healing ward? :D
    sr my english still suck TvT
  • Vayne4800
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Insane: that took forever but turned out great!
  • Clyptic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Eddy Shin: Instead of selecting wearable item when importing, select ability and scroll down to jug. I do not see healing ward on jug's tech requirement page, so I have no idea if valve accepts them nor do I know the poly limit/map size. It is possible they accept them and you just have more freedom when making them, but again, I have no idea.
  • SeeingTriangles
    @Eddy Shin: if you're talking about the default particle that Jugg has on his blade (like the default particle that AM has on his weapons) then you need to create a new mesh for the particles. You can read about that here. I think the particles on Jugg can be used similar to AM's, since many of Jugg's weapons have the default particles on too.

As for the Healing Ward, I think it will be in the Ability section like Clyptic said. As for the poly limit and texture size, according to what Reza said in this thread, LOD0 is 3500, LOD1 is 3000 and texture size is 512x512, maybe you should ask Reza about the healing ward. Although IMO it's quite hard to create a satisfying Healing Ward without any particles involved, and since we shouldn't do particles for now, I don't think now is the right time for custom Healing Ward.

As for the critique, many parts look kinda low poly, especially the hair and the pants. Are you using all of the poly we're allowed to use? Maybe it would look better if you put some more polys into the pants. His head is kinda low too, I think it would look better if you put his head a bit higher. Right now it looks like his neck his really short. Right now the gold lines have the same color, it would look much better and more realistic if you used some gradient. Also, if you don't mind, could you please show us the normal maps?
  • Sukotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sukotto polycounter lvl 8
    Nice job on the sets Phil and Bruno! Very original sets :)
  • TommyTehZombie
    Work in progress for Skywrath, no idea how im going to do the low poly for the feathers on the helm, if uh...anyone has any tips id gladly take them =X

7c8ecb6b58.png
  • Strimax
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm searching is good 3d artist that will be doing my concepts!
    Write me in message.
    e96e6ad64aad2374c353b3d882afd2ee.png
    108e9b30137ce91da8291ddd0bd6133f.png
    6e307bc60a41216d1d62ecebf3a9dd2e.jpg
    7aceeeaa86173b7601f868766fc6373c.png
    96678e33126c8f21078fc2882c6ee1c8.png
  • Eddy Shin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Clyptic & SeeingTriangles: thx you guys so friendly :D
    @SeeingTriangles: i just create the LOD1 first because i think will be easier if i created LOD1 then smooth them by adding tris. All of them you can see is LOD1. I tried Zbrush but is not good at all so... that it :D
    thanks for the comments and I appreciate that, i will work harder ^^
    it is difficult to communicate with you guys in English, but thanks again, a lot ^^
    This is normal map of mask and tosso:
    head_normal_zpsruy2ewba.jpg

And i just update texture too, so many work to do, btw what software you use to render? I just use Vray but not good enough. Can you teach me? :D
    10648268_1587051914912362_1014346374621122912_o_zpsrwx4tgjg.jpg
  • SeeingTriangles
    @Eddy Shin: the sculpt is a bit shallow, especially the hair's and the cloth's. You should check out other artists' streams, you will be able to learn a lot. I mainly watch Anuxi's stream, almost everything I've learned came from her twitch :) As for the texture, make sure that it gets darker on the lower parts. For rendering, maybe you should try Marmoset toolbag 2.

My WR set is finally done. The loadingscreen is drawn by Keinhangia :) Since this set is not in the polycount event chest anymore, I thought it would be more appropriate to post it here instead. Please drop a like if you guys like it. Thanks everyone for your feedbacks and support :)
    VEpNDfr.jpg
  • Eddy Shin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @SeeingTriangles: fcking awesome!!!! she is so cute, moe and loli :3
    i just voted on workshop ^^
    thx a lot for help, me and my brother still draw the loading screen for our set. Hope you guys will like it when we made public :D
  • BohSheh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i agree lol , the twin pony tail makes her looks moe :3
  • Swaggernaut
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Swaggernaut polycounter lvl 2
    Hey Guys! Newcomer here, just decided to show you guys what I'm working on

akUywj1.jpg

Meepo set that I'm working on the Stirner. It's still in the blocking out phase, so there still is a lot of room for more details! Would love to hear your thoughts/critique on how the set looks so far!
  • Richatu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi guys, first time posting around here. I'm working on a set for vengeful and I've run into a problem with her wings. I'd appreciate any help I can get! :)

(Dont mind the weird masks on her textures, they are placeholders.)

Can someone explain what I'm doing wrong? No matter what bone I attach these wings to they keep messing up in the same way. Here's some pics of my problem.

At first, it looks fine. Like this.
    c84424fbdb9fd73215553275244fcaa8.png

But then you notice that something isn't quite right...

0cdb4a45e1010e0398213f50c4e4b0ce.png

3ae8a1e193244d16af86b7536dbcf9fa.png

Aand here's a gif.

8532256c988d35182026c2ebddc13c77.gif
  • Baddcog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Baddcog polycounter lvl 9
    Hard to say without seeing your rig also.

I'd say it's something like you have the rigged to 2 bones..

The wing bone and root bone for example. If it's 50/50 then they are being influenced too much by the root bone. (I don't know her rig so just an example).

Was it an automatic rig or manual?
  • SeeingTriangles
    @Richatu: I agree with Baddcog, it's kinda hard to tell what's wrong with the rig, it looks quite fine to me in the gif. One thing bothered me though, from the pics and gif it looks like you can't see the wings from the back. Did you have a backside for the wings?
  • Vayne4800
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The skinning seems fine. I think you have something to do with your mesh normals. Flip them and see what happens.
  • Baddcog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Baddcog polycounter lvl 9
    Well it seems like to me they are somewhat staying in place, they are bending in on themselves once she gets to the 180 position, making it hard to see them (they are actually squishing and deforming).
    Then when she comes back around they are being scaled back to their origin.

So if they are all on root bone they will follow her around. If they are only 50% root and 50% nothing they will scale 50% at 180 degrees. Trying to stay in original location to world and also trying to rotate around with her.

I always quick test rigs in 3d before export, grab bones and rotate them, just be sure to cntrl z after every rotation, don't want the rig getting out of whack.
  • Richatu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for all the answers guys, I haven't bothered checking because I thought my post didn't go through (I had to post that in that ''hello'' thread hehe). I was surprised to see all your answers!

First of all, Baddcog has the right idea. They are twisting and deforming when i spin her around. I tried what you said with rotating inside my 3d program (blender). I have rigged the wings to the root bone right now, and I've also tried the spine 3 bone. I get the same results as within dota, when i spin the mesh around the wings deform. Any ideas guys? This is a really frustrating issue >_<
  • BohSheh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    From what I saw is that the wing only rotate 1/2 of the total rotation . this is why when you turn 180 degree the wing appears to be only 90 degree ( 1 straight line ) . It can be the reason why it seems normal when it is at origin ( 360 deg , 720 deg , etc).

If you are using 3ds try using reset xform and make sure you only skin it to the correct bone .
    Or you can try reimport the bones or get decompiled version from the main dota2 file .
  • Pipotchi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pipotchi polycounter lvl 4
    Hey guys, just wondering, how do you generally feel about posting your sets to reddit once they are complete? Recently I have seen a lot of animosity towards cosmetics and there seems to be a lot of people very eager to tear into any set just because they believe cosmetics are prioritized by valve over other issues that they want fixed (whether thats true or not, i cant say). Reddit seems a great way to get views for your item, but I would prefer not to post it if its going to attract a heavy string of downvotes in the workshop and make the item have a much lower chance to get in. Do you guys find that after posting on reddit, you get a big influx of downvotes on your workshop item or is it mostly positive or neutral effects that comes with the extra attention? (hopefully my question makes sense) Is there anything else good or bad that comes with reddit posting too? (perhaps a good place to get followers?..)